Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For My Birthday(4/18) I Just Want A Surgery Date

Ok I have been browsing the site for a few months and have posted a few times but now i want to introduce myself. I am a 22 year old mother of 3 and want to live better for my kids and be able to keep up with them. I have battled with my weight my whole like and the last 20lbs i can really feel i get out of breathe my knees hurt really bad.... so my pcm brought up the lap band after a few other weight loss fails ... so i went to the seminar on march 5... met with NP and mental health eval on march 16... did labs on the 19th.. nutrician class on april 5... n approval on april 13. I have tricare south prime and herd horror stories about getting approved so when i called tricare n they said aproved i was soo freaking happy. now i am anxiously waiting to find out my lap band birthday??? My dr officae could call me any min now lol

Happy Birthday and hope your wish comes soon quickly. Good luck!

Happy birthday. I'm on the same boat got my surgery date yesterday but now don't know what to do either the lap band or ibandlap? Which surgery are u doing?

Happy Birthday and I hope you get the call you are waiting on.

Happy birthday. I'm on the same boat got my surgery date yesterday but now don't know what to do either the lap band or ibandlap? Which surgery are u doing?

What the difference between the 2? I believe it's the lap band system though

Happy Birthday and I hope you get the call you are waiting on.

Sadly I didn't get the call :( however there is tomorrow lol i am just impatient I think I don't hear from them by Friday I will call find out what's going on... How long you think I should wait?

The iband, is what they are calling it. But it's the Lap band and gastric plication. Gastric plication is when the stomach is folded in half and stitched. It looks like the sleeve but without cutting or stapling. I feel like its too much to recover from cuz I do have three kids too and my husband works nights. So I'm basically alone. The doctor suggests me doing this for better results and a little faster in weight loss. But I have researched it's been a few candidates since its still new.

HaPpY~BirThdAy and congrats on making one of the best decisions of your life. My final "fat straw" that broke the camel's back WAS my back. I have a herniated disc in my back and was tired of hurting. Kind of like when Dr. Phil says, "how is fat working out for you?" Well it wasn't working out too well for me. I was banded 1/10/12 and have lost 46lbs. Definitely know this is a process and takes time. Hope you get your call soon for your date. Best of luck to you and keep us posted!~

The iband' date=' is what they are calling it. But it's the Lap band and gastric plication. Gastric plication is when the stomach is folded in half and stitched. It looks like the sleeve but without cutting or stapling. I feel like its too much to recover from cuz I do have three kids too and my husband works nights. So I'm basically alone. The doctor suggests me doing this for better results and a little faster in weight loss. But I have researched it's been a few candidates since its still new.[/quote']

I don't think most docs are doing the Iband yet. But it sounds interesting... There is a girl on here that recently had it done in Texas but I can't remember her name.

They say weight loss is much faster and they are seeing better results than band? But I do think it is newer.

They say weight loss is much faster and they are seeing better results than band? But I do think it is newer.

Since I was really considering the sleeve, this seems like a decent compromise. But for now, I'll never know!

Since I was really considering the sleeve' date=' this seems like a decent compromise. But for now, I'll never know![/quote']

My surgeon recommended it for me but with the lap band. It's like two surgeries in one. I feel like that would be too much. But it's a great alternative to the sleeve.

You guys think I should call them it's been like four days? If not how long should I wait?

I am just afraid cause I got a new number n I left it with the patient advocate but that's not the same person who schedules the surgery

I think you should call them. I was like u I never would receive a call and I just called them. My doctors office is always busy probably yours too.

I GOT THE CALL May 10th I will be banded eeek start my pre op diet apr 26