Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frustraaaaated!! Arrrrgggh!!! >:(

I was banded on 2/3/12 and since then, haven't loss anything! The little I have lost has been my doing (calorie counting, dieting, exercising) but no thanks to the band. I thought it is suppose to restrict your eating. Is it because I need to be filled more?

I have an 11cc band and so far theres 4.5cc in there. What is feeling restricted suppose to feel like? When is this weight going to start coming off.. I'm so disappointed! I just dont see a difference. Anyone else in a similar boat or was in a similar situation?

I was banded on 2/3/12 and since then, haven't loss anything! The little I have lost has been my doing (calorie counting, dieting, exercising) but no thanks to the band. I thought it is suppose to restrict your eating. Is it because I need to be filled more?

I have an 11cc band and so far theres 4.5cc in there. What is feeling restricted suppose to feel like? When is this weight going to start coming off.. I'm so disappointed! I just dont see a difference. Anyone else in a similar boat or was in a similar situation?

I am not banded yet, will be on May 1, 2012, but what you are saying doesn't sound rite! Have you contacted your Dr.?

I would call your doctor and talk to him about it. I'm nearly 4 wks post op and have lost 20 lbs. I don't have my first fill until May 2nd. Hopefully you'll get somemore responses on here that have experienced the same thing. Good luck!

You obviously still need more fills, not everyone feels restriction at the same time or with the same amount of fill, believe me you will know when u start getting close to your green zone, so give it a chance and be patient, if u can go for another fill then make an appointment. most people need around half their band filled to start feeling it :)

I agree....maybe it is time for more of a fill...I see some people it takes up to 4 fills in order to feel satisfied, dont be discouraged just yet!!

As for the amount people have lost may also differ from the amount they started at..So that part is hard to compare..Keep up the work and it will pay off!!

Go get another fill..lol

I am in the same boat – banded the same week as you, on 1/31. I gained about 4 lbs. from the Fluid during surgery, was up to 235. I now weigh 225 – 2 ½ months post op and only lost 10 lbs. since surgery. I lost 15 lbs. the 2 weeks prior to surgery all on my own!!! I have been stuck at 225 for the last month and I am so disappointed in myself. We are in “bandster hell” as described by others on the site. We have the band, we have a few fills, but no restriction, thus we can still eat basically whatever we want and are not losing weight as expected. I have 7cc in my 11cc band. Luckily my doctor is also aggressive with the fills, so I got 5cc the first fill and talked him into 2cc on the second fill. I seriously can eat just like I did before the band – and am just as hungry, although most of it is really head hunger. Guess they should have banded my head instead of my stomach – lol. My next fill is scheduled for mid May, however, I plan to move it up a week and am going to ask for 1.5cc, which would put me at 8.5cc in my 11cc band, which I would think would give me some feeling of tightness and get me to the green zone. I guess I am going to be one of the patients where the band is almost closed before I feel restriction – sigh. I also eat sooooooo slow that my food literally slides right through the band – good and bad. Good because my eating habits are perfect for the band (eat slow, chew thoroughly), however bad because I don’t feel satisfied. I also feel like I self sabotage quite a bit. I wish I knew how to stop doing that. I can’t wait to feel satisfied on “only ½ cup” of food!!

You probably need another fill. This is normal, so don't freak out. It's hardest at the beginning, trying to get your levels right. When you have restriction, you will know. I feel pressure in my chest (which is actually the stoma; the stomach is really higher than most people think), and if you're eating too fast/too much, I start to feel a backup. That's the only way I can describe it. With experience, you'll know when you're at your limit, and what happens after you go over that (sadly, I still forget that sometimes!). I didn't start to have real restriction until about 4 months after, so don't worry. This is the hardest time when you're still relying on your willpower.

Thanks for the comments... especially the last comment posted. It feels great to hear these encouraging words. Really does! I did receive another fill 2 days ago, so I'm just waiting to see what happens from here.

In the meantime, I'm working out, eating right, and really trying my best.

Thanks again!

I have an 11cc band and so far theres 4.5cc in t

here. What is feeling restricted suppose to feel like? When is this weight going to start coming off.. I'm so disappointed! I just dont see a difference. Anyone else in a similar boat or was in a similar situation?

I hear you loud and clear....after my band I lost weight due to liquids and slashing the calories, fat and sugar out of my diet, the min i started eating "solids" I was at a stand still... had my first fill 4 weeks ago and was still at a stand still....many docs fill slowly, I just spoke with my doc today he said it is perfectly normal to not feel much a difference until 7-8 cc's maybe your doc can add more next time your in there. I went from 3 cc's after surgery to 6 my first visit and now I am at 6.5 cc's they said they do it a little quicker than most docs in the beginning because they didnt want me to get discouraged... I hope this helps you a little. take care. It will get better give it time. you will get a fill and go oh wow yep I feel the difference.... that when you know u r going to start losing a little more then you are now.

I am feeling a bit frustrated also.... I was banded on 3/19. I lost 8 lbs b4 the sx and 12 the week after. Since then I have lost 1 lb ... Yes 1 lb. I go for my first fill thursday. I am very worried becaus I am eating Properly and exercising and feel as if I have some restriction. I am so worried that I did all this and the weight is not going to budge. :(

Is this normal????? Doc says yes, but still concerned !

I am feeling a bit frustrated also.... I was banded on 3/19. I lost 8 lbs b4 the sx and 12 the week after. Since then I have lost 1 lb ... Yes 1 lb. I go for my first fill thursday. I am very worried becaus I am eating Properly and exercising and feel as if I have some restriction. I am so worried that I did all this and the weight is not going to budge. :(

Is this normal????? Doc says yes, but still concerned !

It took me 4 weeks to lose the first 13 pounds post surgery. I remember being discouraged too. But I plugged along journaling and keeping my calories close to 1000 a day for the first year. It will happen!

Can someone please tell me what a "pb" means????? I m sure it has sumthn to do with the food getting stuck. What does pb stand for???!

Can someone please tell me what a "pb" means????? I m sure it has sumthn to do with the food getting stuck. What does pb stand for???!

I read on here once it means " productive burp."

One thing you need to remember is the band is a tool to help you along the way. It takes a lot of work and willpower to get to your goal. I did not feel any restriction for the first 5 months, but I worked hard to make it work and followed the rules and lost from day one. I found that eating six times a day helped me, I pushed the Protein first and then veggies and fruit. (I ate my protein and stayed away from protein drinks) I stayed away from bread, Pasta, rice and all those kind of things they seem to be my down fall and it was easier just to say no! You can do!

I was banded 1/25 of this year and so far have lost 40#, but I also lost 28# about 2 weeks after surgery, do to swelling and the fill they put in at the time of surgery, that caused me not to want or be able to eat much. After that it seemed as if a mixture of walking 3 days a week, 2 miles and counting my calories ids what heped me after that. Now I have 6cc in a 10cc band as of last week and finally feel some restrictions. You might want to tell your doctor you think you may need a fill and see if that works. At first my doctor was hesitant, because he felt that at 5cc, I should have noticed a difference, but people are different, there is no magic number for everyone. Good Luck.