Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I smoked for 22 years!!!...i had to quit 6 weeks b4 surgery and I did really well with the chantix...2 weeks b4 surgery I freaked out started smoking again..the coordinator said I would be tested the day of surgery..but they never...i smoked in the car on the way home WORST pain of my life I'm 7 days post-op and back on chantix and using a electronic ciggarett if I really can't fight the craving..i know it's really hard when they take food and smoking away at the same time and expect u to lose weight but I can do it..I've lost 26lbs since surgery!!

I can't imagine changing your eating habits & quiting smoking.

I believe you can do it b/c you are a rock star. You go girl!!!!

I can't imagine changing your eating habits & quiting smoking.

I believe you can do it b/c you are a rock star. You go girl!!!!

Thank you!!!...my husband has never smoked he has been my amazing rock of support!!..he gave up his den to turn it into an at home gym for me!!..I think having someone who is behind you 100% good or bad times is so important

I'm on chantix week 3 but only day 2 no cigg. I finished all my test and have 2 get serious about surgery I guess...... I don't have a date or anything so frustrating it makes u want 2 smoke damnit!!! Gonna go see the coordinator hopefully get a date in nov,dec the latest

I use to be a smoker and a drinker. I'm turning 27 tomorrow and got banded on 9/11. I quit smoking about a month and a half before surgery.. and I've been smoking since 15 years old...........

I bought the electronic cigarette earlier in the year and it kinda helped but what really helped was me was WANTING/NEEDING this surgery. My surgical team said they would not band me if I was a smoker.. so I believed them! Now, they didn't check my pockets, purse, or smelled my breath and clothes to make sure I wasn't smoking but I was scared. I'm glad that I finally quit after many many many times of trying!

The thing is.. with the band you have to give up sooooo much that you are really testing your strength. You will soon realize that you are stronger than you think! Good luck with cutting down/quitting and entering the pre-op stages!

I don't think so. I know this is a mixed subject with people. I agree with the doctor though. For me I wouldn't want to be banded and spend all that money and do all that life changing for the chance of knowing I would put on weight when pregnant. Of course I'm not trying to tick anyone off here when I say this, its my opinion and we all have them. Another thing I sometimes see on here are people that are not overweight on here (ok, weight proportioned to height I know) so I'm going o say this. If somene is 5' 7" and they weight 180 lbs and a doctor is going to perform this surgery on someone. I chalk it as a greedy doctor wanting to get rich. No haters please.

I completely disagree with you. I am 5ft 6 inches tall and weigh 225. I now have diabetes, thryroid issues, I see a cardiologist, and have PCOS, infertility. Guess what............. every single one of these my doctors have said is because of my weight and its the #1 reason for all of them. So with that being said is a doctor really greedy when it comes to someones health? I am 26 years old and I was 18 when i put over a 100 pounds on in a little over a year, and nothing had changed, I later realized it was my thyroid. Weight just wasnt something I struggled with and I exercise daily and try to eat healthy meals. I think its not right to just say a certain weight and height is ok but others arent. You also talked about getting pregnant how you personally wouldnt want to spend all that money and then put the weight back on after having a child. Well whose to say someone couldnt spend all that money and just put it back on. I think your post kind of hit a soft spot and i feel was rude even though it was just your opinion. Just saying.

I smoke and filled out my paperwork and said I didn't bc I was afraid they would not band me.

I wasn't sure and hate lying so I had my grandma call the Dr's office and ask a few questions as if she was interested in the procedure and also asked about the smoking' date=' and sure enough he won't do it If you smoke.

So I figured that if I bought an electronic cigarette and used it on days when I go to their office and make sure I wear smoke free clothes then they can't smell it on me, I also wash my hands and use a pumice stone to keep my fingers from yellowing so that their is no sign of smoking their either. With all of this I should not be ousted as a smoker!

My friend has a script for Chantix that I am getting tomorrow and will start it tomorrow because I really would love to quit and if I can AWESOME! If only before surgery awesome too but would love to quit forever!

Wish me luck with the Chantix because I want it to work. I know a lot of people that have had great success and are usually smoke free by the 5th or 6th day!

[/quote']

I have not been banded yet, however I quit 406 days ago! The patched worked for me!!! pills, cold turkey, gum, hypnotize did not!! I know you can do it!!! I also used the iPhone app by livestrong dare to quit, it's a forum of quitters just like this!!!

Chantix def works! I still smoked past the 1week quit day but I continued 2 take them daily and it makes the cigg taste disgusting, and help u want them less!! I tried everything and chantix works! Good luck it's been 16 days without even a pull and I get banded at the end of Nov so that gives my lungs more than enough time 2 prepare for surgery....