Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PB? Worse Experience of My Life!!!

Isn't meat tenderizer mostly salt?

So for an emergency.... your sitting in a dinner eating with your family or friends and you feel that golfball in your chest. Couldn't you take some table salt and sort of do the same thing? Has anyone tried this? whadda think?

Thanks for the info. I am so swelled from pbs and not having any liquids (other than Water available) that I couldn't keep papaya enzymes down last night.

I will buy meat tenderizer by the gallon for my move. Celeste

that was what I call a PB a real humdinger of a pb awww

it happens when the food sits on top of your band and cant get into your tum because it just wont break down ie bread (in my case) or you dont chew enough or leave enough time between swallows to allow the backlog to go. I had quite a few of those including one where sitting outside a restaurant I had to grab my handbag and throw up into it. when I emerged from under the table my friends were lookign at me in horror at the slime that was hanging from my mouth down to my chest !!

you will learn what you cant and cant have as time goes by, I think my last one was about 4 months ago because Im cautious now about what goes down. lol

its perfectly normal and gets worse after your fills as your used to being able to eat x amount then it all changes again. worth it though as you see the weight coming off

Ugh...I have to tell you what I was eating? Didn't you notice how I was cleverly avoiding that?

1. 3 barbeque chicken wings (I think they were breaded in addition to being covered in goop)

2. 2 spicy chicken wings

3. 2 jalapeno poppers (those fried, cream cheese filled gooey bundles of goodness)

4. maybe 4 fried mushrooms

5. margarita, baby!

See, Kathy, you keep blowing my cover! As you all sit here and say "And she wonders why she doesn't lose weight..."

Wow, this accountability thing kind of works. New rule - if you're too embarassed to admit that you ate it, maybe you should just have a carrot instead.

But...in my defense, I've eaten similar consistency foods with no problems before. That's what threw me off about this episode.

YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! (I have to post here).

I am not banded!

But I would have a hell of a heartburn with spice chicken and jalapeno.

And margarita on the top? wow!

dam I probably have to put the finger to really get it out...because I would feel sick.

I do not have appointment for the band yet, but is interesting to learn about your comments.

Good thing I can't eat that now. And definetly avoided later.

Yea I like pizza.... but still get heart burn and load myself with tums and still have heartburn, can't even imagine what would happen with the band...

Good luck!

ahh the fond memories of my first PB, like hanging over the sink and in between burrps screaming to my husband

"CALL THE PARAMEDICS IM DYING HERE" !!!!

all on a bit of sugar free Jello

so as for chicken wings ect arrrrgh I can only imagine !!

I have had two attacks like yours. I don't think I would call it PBing. It is just the food getting stuck! Once time it lasted about 5 hours and the next time about 3 hours. What happen with me is my nose starts to run and then the saliva starts to form, I think this is our bodies way of trying to eliminate the food being stuck. I had to spit the saliva in a cup because it wouldn't go down for hours.Finally vomitted up what ever was stuck. Thank goodness both times happened at home. I am trying to learn to listen to my body and when the goft ball feeling happens STOP. I do carry the baggie with the napkins in my purse or under the seat of my car. I have never heard of the meat tenderizer thing!

Angel Eyes thats a full on PB

lol

awww horrible isnt it

I went and ate some chicken tonight (I know I know) at 5.30pm its now 11pm and its still stuck, though its not a pb no saliva etc but its lodged and its going NOWHERE

*sigh

I usually lift my arms up and down like a chicken and stretch as high as you can. I swear that helped get things moving! Just make sure no one see's you do it!

someone told me that if your having trouble dislodging the blockage, to take a drink of fizzy soda, it hurts but it brings the "lodge" right up

only to be used in dire emergencys !!

lol

WHOOO HOOO

OR SHOULD THAT BE

COCKK A DOOODLE DOOOO

I did the chicken thing and the chicken went !!

thanks for the tip

(the cat has left home) :nervous

Ohmigod that was by far the funniest post I read in a long time, sorry it was so bad for you, but I sure enjoyed reading about it!

p.s. The papaya tablets work wonders for me, never leave home without them.

Have found thru horrible personal experience that hot foods (especially spicy but also temp if liquor i.e. a hot toddy will bring on horrible pb followed by gastritis - yes, i ate 4 pringles barbeque chips, had a horrible pb attack then decided to stick to liquids for rest of night and took a big sip of an irish coffee and almost died that night (slight exaggeration) from gastritis - went on liquids and malox for one week - the only good thing of course was dropping a few lbs. today i did the dry Cereal - about 3 flakes in the MORNING and havve paid dearly all day - another 'true' pb as oppossed to some of the other 'false' pb where it was just bad bad golfball eventually going down, not too much slime - yep major barf followed by pain and liquids all day - just starting to feel better. :)bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb