Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PB? Worse Experience of My Life!!!

Oh my goodness, I feel like I'm getting virtual hugs from every direction! I didn't expect such warm reception after my long-winded personal complaint session!

meat tenderizer - what an amazing idea! I'm sure it doesn't taste great, but I can vouch for the fact that the nastiest thing going down is better than a gourmet meal coming back up.

Wow...look how fast I got over that anger. I would have been the last person to think group support works. Thanks again, everybody!

As sorry as I felt for you, I was laughing through the tears. That post was precious and one that should be kept for future reference. What you went through was horrible, and like I said you handled yourself graciously, well except for the poor guy checking ID's :) I would most definitely talk to my dr. No one expects something like this to happen, nor would I want it to happen to me. Meat tenderizer...yuck sounds like that would make me sick, but hey it's worth a try.

I'm glad getting it out in the open made you feel better. There is a lot to be said for having a group support you and understand where you are coming from.

OH MY,

I did not realize that we could eat pizza w/the band..little do I know. I am only 3+weeks post and still nursing the liquids with little mashed food. How scary..I don't think I could handle what you have gone through.Hope you feel better soon!

Sorry, didn't mean to scare the freshly post-opers. As bad as this experience was, the pain was gone after the vomiting ended. It is my pride that remains wounded after talking so much smack about people who throw up.

ROFL!! StrawartS, where did you come from? You definately need to hang around here more, because you are wonderful entertainment!! Your description of a EPGSHFLYADV was so right on. No PB's anymore.

I have been banded 7 months & have only had 1 experience like the one you described. If it makes anyone feel better, I think these experiences are very far & few inbetween. Am I right?!?! But, the EPGSHFLYADV will definately remind you that you don't want that to happen again. AND...hopefully you will avoid anything that will cause it to happen. I cannot do the fried stuff that you described. It is CERTAIN that I will be in pain. I'm happy I had the gross episodes I had to keep me eating right!!!

I look forward to more posts from you StrawartS!!!!!! You have won a prize in my book for the most entertaining post!!! :first:

I have been posting on this board for over a year now. I must say that I have NEVER, EVER been as entertained by a thread as this story.

That being said, I have also been a bit pissed about the troubles over the band. The finickly little Bracelet around my tummy telling me what it does and does not like based on the whim of its mood. The long streams of slime, the kind that stick to your finger when you try and get it off your lips that strains all the way to the toilet and you somehow feel tainted, must be experienced in order to understand it. There is no way anyone can explain it in true form. I have no scientific answer for you. I have no words of wisdom. But the band is there now, and now we deal with it.

((smiling sheepishly)) welcome to bandland????

Good one! If you're anything like me, it only took one real bad PB & I made sure it never happened again!!! A really bad one is true Hell!! Thanks for the laugh! ((((HUGS))))

As much as we try to avoid them, sometimes after a fill, a PB is unavoidable. Something you could eat just 3 days before becomes the enemy.

That enemy for me now is chicken. I used to be able to eat it. But now, twice, it's caused major episodes, and I refuse to try it again until my restriction goes down, if it does.

I love the new acronym. PB just doesn't really cut it :)

Oh my goodness, I am no longer Queen of the Killer Slimes. I have to admit I slime more than most but sometimes its my fault. I don't always chew well, take small bites, make great choices, etc...but sometimes its my fickle band.

I'm stepping on your thread here to vent. I spent 40 hours this weekend (flying and airport time) to get to Malawi. I could eat anything. I was bumming because in Amsterdan and on the planes, I ate bread for the first time since August. I had a minor pb on one of the planes because I over ate (first class had awesome appetizer, meal, and desert). But no problems.

I get here and I am so tight that it takes me 30 minutes to get in half a fish filet. I will lose weight this week!!

I know a day of liquids would be best but I'm in the middle of a week of interviews, meeting, etc and I need to appear normal.

Bands are fickle but I have lost weight and I'm back to losing more. But I have never had a giant slime ball like yours. Awesome!! I hope you are feeling better.

Strawarts, you have quite the way with words!! This experience is unforgettable, which is why it's such effective behavior modification. I think it's worse for those of us who have a natural disinclination to vomiting; before banding I could count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I vomited in the last 30 years. So after banding it took my body a lot of time to accept that sometimes, things that don't go down simply have to come up. There were two particularly bad EPGSHFLYADV episodes before I learned to let go more easily of what was bothering me.

So rest assured, it's unlikely to happen again. Whether it's your mind or your body hanging on, after this event you'll probably be able to eject the bothersome morsel with a bit more ease.

You poor dear!! Welcome to bandland, for real. :hug:

1. 3 barbeque chicken wings (I think they were breaded in addition to being covered in goop)

2. 2 spicy chicken wings

3. 2 jalapeno poppers (those fried, cream cheese filled gooey bundles of goodness)

4. maybe 4 fried mushrooms

5. margarita, baby!

Ok the Margaritas I understand, but items 1-4 will cause an instant SA, (slime attack), for me. You eat pizza???? OMG, I couldn't imagine eating a "slice" of pizza, now I eat the heck off of some toppings, the cheese, pepperoni, all the good stuff, but the crust, mushrooms and chicken makes me want to slime just thinking about it. For me, those are probably my most pb inducing foods, besides potatoes of any type, excluding chips. One of my worse SA's was after eating a french fry, which I thought was well chewed, I pb'd so hard my esoph bled. Needless to say I freaked and called my Doc who said I'd probably bursted a tiny blood vessel or scratched the esoph. I have 2 in a 4cc band and I've been banded for 15 months.

I'm sorry you had to learn a lesson the hard way, but I must confess, I laughed my a$$ off. I'm pretty sure the next time you chow down on any of the above mentioned foods you will have a sink or toilet close by, LOL.

What's with the meat tenderizer, more explanation please. When I'm having a major pb/SA, I couldn't imagine drinking anything.

Hugs.

"The most impressive part to me was that the slime came out in a 9 inch diameter BUBBLE!"

This was so funny that the same impressive bubble just came out of my nose, coffee flavored, thank you.