Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi mrspopeye........ We are band sisters ( banded on the same day ) and I got my 2nd fill today too! I also have 5.6 cc. It is like we are twin, LOL. I was put on a strict liquid diet until Monday because my doc thought a 2cc fill was a little aggressive. I did not have any restriction after the first fill, so I am hoping for at least a little restriction. We shall see. my next appt is not for 5 weeks.

Good Luck to you. Keep us updated.

bodyweight.png

That is so cool. I can really feel some restriction this time. It is yet another learning experience. I have been stuck twice this week- that will teach you to chew and take smaller bites quickly! Good luck!

That is so cool. I can really feel some restriction this time. It is yet another learning experience. I have been stuck twice this week- that will teach you to chew and take smaller bites quickly! Good luck!

I am with you on the new learning experience. I had one small stuck episode 2 days ago and then today a really bad one! It lasted about 45 minutes. But at least I do have some restriction now. It is so much easier to control the portion sizes. The only thing is I still get hungry again about 1 to 1 1/2 hours later. I go for my 3rd fill August 16. Maybe just 1cc will put me in the green zone. I hope so anyway.

I feel your pain. I had a stuck episode last night and it lasted almost 24 hours. For some reason when I get stuck, the discomfort lingers for a LONG time. I feel 75% better now so I can't really complain.

Hope all the May Bandsters are continuing to plug away. :)

Hiii everyone. I havent been on in a while. U know how the summer is. I am glad im not the only one feeling the way i do. I feel like i could eat the way i use to. I have No restriction at all. But i see that after the 2nd fill u guys are feeling the restriction again. I go in for a sec fill on the 31st.

I should eat less after the fill right.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank god for may bansters

Hiii everyone. I havent been on in a while. U know how the summer is. I am glad im not the only one feeling the way i do. I feel like i could eat the way i use to. I have No restriction at all. But i see that after the 2nd fill u guys are feeling the restriction again. I go in for a sec fill on the 31st.

I should eat less after the fill right.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank god for may bansters

There is no guarantee you will feel restriction as everyone is different. I did feel a little' date=' but not a lot I am relying on willpower mostly. And yes I do slip up depending on my mood.

I wish you luck on your next fill and I hope you get restriction, it does make it easier. Hang in there, be patient. This was not meant to be a quick fix.

weight.png

I am confused I feel restriction only when I get stuck. When i eat soft foods I could eat and eat and not get full. I am almost afraid to eat foods that are not soft because of getting stuck. Help

Lassie

I am confused I feel restriction only when I get stuck. When i eat soft foods I could eat and eat and not get full. I am almost afraid to eat foods that are not soft because of getting stuck. Help

Lassie

Soft foods, like sliders?

Assuming your not to tight or some other complication is happening, sounds like you may be eating too fast, taking too big of bites, or not chewing well enough. If you only eat soft foods that slide right through your band then your band probably isn't doing much for you. The purpose of the band is to keep you food in your pouch longer, making you feel fuller longer. But if all you eating is soft stuff that doesn't stay in you pouch, your doing yourself and you band a disservice.

Try eating slowly, take small bites and chew chew chew. All that being said there are some foods that alot of banders will simply not be able to eat.

I hope you figure it out! Good luck and hugs.

thanks I think I start off to fast and I need to slow way down. I am going on vacation on Friday, I am a little nervous as no one knows about my band and I am going to Britian.

Thanks for the hugs I will take them, God Bless

Lassie

SO I WENT FOR MY FILL YESTERDAY.. what a disaster. they put in 1.5 ccs I was good all day till I got home from work I had a glass of milk and that was it i was throwing up for 3 hours. I had to go in to the hospital for a emergency visit. To make a long story short I only have 2 ccs in now. I had 3cc before my fill. I am so nervous that I am going to eat like a pig. I had no restriction before. I am going to try and not to, but this is harder than I thought, I might do 5 pr 6 small little meals a day. that seems to work with me. My doctor also said that I am very sensitive to the fills so, I will only get like 1/2 ccs from now on. Ughh Im so disappointing.

Thanks for the reply

Angela, did the Dr have you drink Water in her office after the fill? If not, that's pretty irresponsible on their part. I'm sorry you had to go through that ordeal. My doctor recommends just 3 meals a day, 2-3 glasses of milk, and 1 snack if needed.

Hey May bandsters!!!I was banded May 16th.t went yesterday for my 3rd fill!!! He put in .9 cc in and so my total is 4.3 cc in a 11 cc band. My concern is this...I STILL have NOOOOO restriction...WHAT THE ???? ..Im losing weight. Im down 47 lbs since May 1st but i just dont like the idea that i cant feel any restriction and can (BUT DONT) eat anything I want to...I need to get there cuz its getting harder and harder not to eat what ever...Is this normal to have all that Fluid and no restriction???Any comments welcomed.

Everyone's body reacts differently. But I think it is unusual that you don't have any restriction.

Can you tell any difference from fill to fill? Like not able to eat as much, getting stuck on things you didn't have problems with before?

Everyone's body reacts differently. But I think it is unusual that you don't have any restriction.

Can you tell any difference from fill to fill? Like not able to eat as much, getting stuck on things you didn't have problems with before?

NOPE really I can not feel any diffrence inbetween the fills.I have not got stuck,and I still have a pretty big appetite.I dont know if I should call and ask the dr about this or just wait til next mnth wene I go back in. I a wondering is there a test or sumthing to make sure the band is getting Fluid in it or too simple check and make sure things are ok???I dont have any pain and feel fine.I am losing weight so i just wanna make sure the band is ok due to the fact I dont have the restriction and can swallow anything.Thanks for the comment.

Wow, it has been a long time since any of us posted here. Hope all my fellow May bandsters are adjusting to life with their bands and continuing to work hard. Every day presents new challenges, but the important thing is that we keep trying.