Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Heyyy everyone! I haven't posted in forever...I was banded on the 14th and had to have a hiatal hernia repaired...wheww...painful! My suggestion is if you have to get that done be prepared to take a few extra days off of work I knw I did! After that healed up I felt a lot better!

Things have been a lot more challenging than I anticipated...it's a major mind thing...I feel as tho I should go see a psychologist to talk thru this...my head says eat but my bad says hell no...head hunger is a B!

I go on Thursday for my post op appt...kinda nervous about what my surgeon is gonna say and if I'm gonna get a fill..will kinda suck bn that my bday is Friday...lol..guess I will have to Celebrate next wknd!

Anywho...I will have to do better at keeping up with this board!

Congrats to all the newly banded peeps and those getn banded this wk!

Good luck to all this weeks newly banded... we are almost done with our May banders! Also wondering about steri strips... I am 10 days post op and I have been cutting them down like Dr. Said but when did yours come off?

My Dr didn't say anything about them either,but they've been comin off on their own.

Hi May bandsters! My surgery is tomorrow. Wow' date=' even typing the word 'tomorrow' makes it feel scary. Lol I'm headed to the hospital early and staying overnight. I'm getting anxious. Any words of wisdom for me from those banded earlier this month?![/quote']

How are you doing?? I think someone.already mentioned about the hiatal hernia repair...that made my recovery harder...def take ur pain meds and since u are staying overnight make sure they keep u comfy!

My surgery is tomorrow, 5/30. Sooooo nervous. I'm really dreading getting an IV and getting wheeled back there. I hate that part. :(

Hi May bandsters! My surgery is tomorrow. Wow' date=' even typing the word 'tomorrow' makes it feel scary. Lol I'm headed to the hospital early and staying overnight. I'm getting anxious. Any words of wisdom for me from those banded earlier this month?![/quote']

How are you doing?? I think someone.already mentioned about the hiatal hernia repair...that made my recovery harder...def take ur pain meds and since u are staying overnight make sure they keep u comfy!

My surgery is tomorrow, 5/30. Sooooo nervous. I'm really dreading getting an IV and getting wheeled back there. I hate that part. :(

You will do great. It will be over with so quickly. The anesthesiologist put in my IV and he numbed it up first, maybe you could ask them to do that for you also.

My surgery is tomorrow' date=' 5/30. Sooooo nervous. I'm really dreading getting an IV and getting wheeled back there. I hate that part. :([/quote']

Good luck 2ma...it'll b ok! I hate getn ivs too but they numbed the site and it didn't hurt at all really!

Good luck 2ma...it'll b ok! I hate getn ivs too but they numbed the site and it didn't hurt at all really!

I wish they would of numbed mine. It took two nurses and finally got it on the 4th attempt. Now that being said they have always had a hard time finding my veins. You should of seen all the bruises just for the blood work.

I wish they would of numbed mine. It took two nurses and finally got it on the 4th attempt. Now that being said they have always had a hard time finding my veins. You should of seen all the bruises just for the blood work.

Has anyone else's incisions been itching like crazy!!!! OMG

Omg! Yes yes yes... I scratch all around the incision. I think it's because they are healing.

Good luck tomorrow Scooby!

Yep mine itch too

Whewww....I couldn't imagine!

Now that I have read this they are really itching now... :blink: