Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Countdown! You are going to do awesome...it will be done before u know it and you will be on your home. I'm excited... Are you ready?

Thanks Shy! I'm ready (I think). I've been up since 5 am lol so I'm just trying to stay busy today-- do laundry, make sure my shopping is done etc!

If you're getting a hiatal hernia repair you may need more time. I was in more pain from my hernia repair than anything else. I got the hiccups one day, it was so painful I thought I was going to die!!!!!

She makes a good point. I did not have a hiatal hernia repair.

Hi May bandsters! My surgery is tomorrow. Wow, even typing the word 'tomorrow' makes it feel scary. Lol I'm headed to the hospital early and staying overnight. I'm getting anxious. Any words of wisdom for me from those banded earlier this month?!

You are going to do great. It will be easier than you think. I'm 2 wks post op and I feel pretty normal now.

kah - hope things went perfectly today!!!! Let us know how it went & how you feel.

Hi Christine - I was banded the day before. Sorry no answer about the steri-strips, I didn't get any. How are you feeling?

Scared to go back to work tomorrow. The gas is the worst part, I can't seem to get it under control. I've been walking a lot and it helps but it's still there. Every time I take a sip of anything I can feel the gas getting worse. Is this normal?

Scared to go back to work tomorrow. The gas is the worst part' date=' I can't seem to get it under control. I've been walking a lot and it helps but it's still there. Every time I take a sip of anything I can feel the gas getting worse. Is this normal?[/quote']

Gas x doesn't help?

Scared to go back to work tomorrow. The gas is the worst part, I can't seem to get it under control. I've been walking a lot and it helps but it's still there. Every time I take a sip of anything I can feel the gas getting worse. Is this normal?

I stayed on my heating pad for days. I even took it to work. Mine disappeared on about day 8 or 9 post op.

Gas x doesn't help?

Kah, it might not always help! As you know, I did everything and I had gas for days. Mine didn't start right away, but when it did... OMG! I tried everything people posted to do- Gas x, heating pad and walking- try this as much as possible. I even tried mint and ginger tea. The Ginger tea made me burp, but I still had gas! No way around it. Just walk walk walk to minimize it!

Gas x doesn't help?

You are going to be fine!

May 31st here!

Good luck to all this weeks newly banded... we are almost done with our May banders! Also wondering about steri strips... I am 10 days post op and I have been cutting them down like Dr. Said but when did yours come off?

Good luck for all having surgery tommorrow ! Let us know how you are after when you feel up to it!

Good luck to all this weeks newly banded... we are almost done with our May banders! Also wondering about steri strips... I am 10 days post op and I have been cutting them down like Dr. Said but when did yours come off?

I wasnt told anything about the steri strips but I go to the doc on

Thursday so I will find out. I have one where I can feel and see the stitch. Anyways I will let you know.

Have a great day!!

Tammy

My doc didn't say anything about cutting them down but that's a great idea so I can start getting that sticky stuff off my skin.

My Strips ain't off yet either they just told me to wash In the shower n I need to let them fall off not pull them. Trim the excess or loose parts so u don't pull off accidentally.

Good luck to all the me bandsters. U will so great !

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk