Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all..I havent posted in a while but have been lurking. My surgery got postponed to June 28th and I am so disappointed.Its all I can do not to go on an Ice cream Binge!!I still have about 20 lbs that he wants me to lose because I have such a high BMI. I can understand it and am grateful that he is going to do my surgery at all. I hope that the next month will fly and ill be just like the rest of you..wondering how fast that it will seem normal again...LOL Congrats to everyone that has had their banding done. It seems like most of you all have had about as bad a time with it as I expected, which is a relief..sorta. Just hoping that I don't get all wimpy. I will continue to lurk here and also in the June forums. Again, congrats you all..you are all doing so well just keep it up!! We didn't gain all this weight over night so we cant expect it all go be gone over night!! You are all in my prayers!! Stay well my band buds.

Deb, this is merely a speed bump in the road to success. Above all, you want the best scenario for surgery and he may be trying to get your liver in shape so that you are at lower risk of complications. That itself will make the delay well worth it. Keep your chin up- you are going in the right direction and everyday is one day closer.

Hey' date=' I'm looking for some advice and I'll probably put it on the post-op forum too. Last night while reading my iPad, I dropped it on my abdomen. Yep, the same abdomen that just got got banded 4 days priror. Now I'm having a new feeling I hadn't felt before in what I am assuming is my stomach, a pinching feeling. I'm thinking this is unrelated to the dropping accident and just a coincidence. Is it just a "healing" feeling (sorry to sound like Dr. Seuss)?[/quote']

Ouch! Since an iPad is relatively light and the band is stitched to the muscle in your abdomen I don't think dropping an iPad on there would've popped stitches or anything. You should be fine but if you are really concerned, no harm in calling. My nurse suggested icing the area when I was having nagging pain.

Pbmls, no. It was just a post op but I feel like I'm healing so well and ready for restriction.

About your pain, you may have irritated or torn the muscle like I did the other day. Just keep resting but if it doesn't go away in a few days I would call your doc.

I was banded yesterday afternoon' date=' I have to say that it was not a great experience for me. It's not the surgery itself but the place I went to that was so disappointing.

Anyways, this gas is horrific, i've drank warm tea, heating pad, slept sitting up, I dont know what else to do. I can't burp or do anything else at this moment to help relieve the pain. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Lappyloo :unsure:[/quote']

Lappyloo, where did you have your surgery? I thought you said you were in st Pete and I am now worried about where I am scheduled for my surgery next Friday. Am am going to Palms of Pasadena with Dr Rehnke.

Purty, sounds like you are getting along awesomingly!

Thank you!

Glad to hear you are doing well! It will get better everyday .

Thanks! It's only day two and my pain is pretty dull. Haven't taken any meds since yesterday, but I'm making sure to not do anything that would irritate my abdomen, like over stretch or bend down too far.

Got my band on the 24th (day surgery) had so much gas they kept me overnight it was very painful. Came home yesterday and slept most of the day. I am on full liquids today but do not feel hungry, still gassy but it is way better. I am up and walking around had enough lying down. I am sipping on a cup of coffee I think I am going to have to force myself to eat.

Lappyloo, where did you have your surgery? I thought you said you were in st Pete and I am now worried about where I am scheduled for my surgery next Friday. Am am going to Palms of Pasadena with Dr Rehnke.

Sorry to hear about the gas problem, I had my surgery on the 24th the gas was so bad after the surgery they kept me overnight. To help me they put warm heating pads on the worst parts and gave me extra pain meds. Also had me walk around the room with help. It is better today so hang in there. I worry right now is I am not hungry and do not want to eat> :)

I second using the heating pad for those gas pains- it was really the only thing that helped me.

18 days post op now. My pain is pretty much all gone but I'm scared to sleep completely on my side. lol.

I feel like I need to start working on my exercise now. Before surgery I was working out 40 minutes 5 days a week. I was doing elliptical and zumba class. Now it's like I have very little stamina or endurance. Walking a few blocks makes me tired. I went for a 15 minute walk with my dog today. Is this normal, or do I need to push it more?

I had mine done at St. Anthony's surgery center. It was a horrible experience. They couldn't get a vein to put the iv in, so they took like 15 minutes trying to get one in and in the middle of that one of the nurses cell phone rang and it was dance music ring tone. (hello, has she ever heard of vibrate) and she answered it! Then a janitor/maintenance man walked by and the bed I was on had a broken handle, so in the middle of all of this he asks if its a good time to fix it. I thought for sure I was on candid camera! It was so unbelievable, i was self pay so that is why i had it done so cheap at a surgery center. If your insurance covers it, it gets done in the hospital and you get better care. I had a hard time in recovery and it did not matter that i was not ready to leave at 5 when the office closed, they were not about to stay one minute late. What has happened to kindness and compassion to people. If I saw a patient struggling I wouldn't show them the door.

But this is just my own personal experience, I did over hear one of the nurses say that they had over 40 surgeries that day and normally they dont have more than 15.

Oh well, as long as I can heal completely and the lapband works as a great tool, I will get over how bad of an experience it was.

Here is some of what I've ate on my mushie diet. Refried Beans with low fat sour cream and salsa......egg with 2% cheese and salsa..... 1/2 avocado with low fat sour cream and salsa and a wedge of laughing cow cheese which I'm eating now and is soooo good. I'm gonna try either tuna or canned chicken with a cheese wedge for dinner. Hope this might help some of you. Have a great day Y'all!!!

Tammy

Oh well, as long as I can heal completely and the lapband works as a great tool, I will get over how bad of an experience it was.

Well I hope you are doing better. I am sorry you had a bad experience but thanks for letting me know it was not where I am going.

18 days post op now. My pain is pretty much all gone but I'm scared to sleep completely on my side. lol.

I feel like I need to start working on my exercise now. Before surgery I was working out 40 minutes 5 days a week. I was doing elliptical and zumba class. Now it's like I have very little stamina or endurance. Walking a few blocks makes me tired. I went for a 15 minute walk with my dog today. Is this normal, or do I need to push it more?

I think it may be normal for a while- seems like I have to start from zero and build up stamina again. I know just how you feel- I have got to exercise more now that I am feeling better. No more excuses for me!

Tammy, I'm going to try that laughing cow cheese. A trip to the grocery store is in order. May also do saucy pulled pork in my crockpot next week and see how that goes. I'm pretty bored of ground turkey and fish.

I think it may be normal for a while- seems like I have to start from zero and build up stamina again. I know just how you feel- I have got to exercise more now that I am feeling better. No more excuses for me!

So glad I'm not the only one. I intended to workout today but just feel wiped. Monday is a fresh start and new routine!