Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just ate 1/2 cup of refried beans! I am super excited. I added some Water to loosen it up. I hate that food gets cold because I am taking so long to eat. I go on mushers on Monday, my dic said to try one mushy per day prior to see if I can tolerate it. So I had 1/4 cup applesauce and then the Beans. No issues. I also felt my first hunger pain today, a good sign that I am healing on the inside so says my doctor. Hoping the food I eat satisfies. I've read do many stories of hunger, sounds like it is my turn now!

Jackie's girl - right before my diet I had some bean dip at a party and I saw some "Texas Trash" on Pinterest. I bet that could be turned in a mushie.

Refried Beans (low fat), low fat or no fat cream cheese and low fat or no fat sour cream with some 2% cheese on top. Skip the chips, use a spoons.

Am I crazy or could that be a lo-cal mushie?

Hi all, I was banded May 16th... I've been losing consistantly all month, started on the liquid pre op diet May 1st... I have started increasing exercise this week, walking 1- 1/2 miles daily now.. I had a lot of problems with pain and gas post op, but its getting much better now.. how are the ones doing from the beginning of may?

Hi all' date=' I was banded May 16th... I've been losing consistantly all month, started on the liquid pre op diet May 1st... I have started increasing exercise this week, walking 1- 1/2 miles daily now.. I had a lot of problems with pain and gas post op, but its getting much better now.. how are the ones doing from the beginning of may?[/quote']

I was banded the 15th of May. I'm doing pretty well. My gas was the worst between days 1-3.

Way to go on the walking and getting that exercise in. Hope you have continued success.

Hi all..I havent posted in a while but have been lurking. My surgery got postponed to June 28th and I am so disappointed.Its all I can do not to go on an Ice cream Binge!!I still have about 20 lbs that he wants me to lose because I have such a high BMI. I can understand it and am grateful that he is going to do my surgery at all. I hope that the next month will fly and ill be just like the rest of you..wondering how fast that it will seem normal again...LOL Congrats to everyone that has had their banding done. It seems like most of you all have had about as bad a time with it as I expected, which is a relief..sorta. Just hoping that I don't get all wimpy. I will continue to lurk here and also in the June forums. Again, congrats you all..you are all doing so well just keep it up!! We didn't gain all this weight over night so we cant expect it all go be gone over night!! You are all in my prayers!! Stay well my band buds.

I was banded the 15th of May. I'm doing pretty well. My gas was the worst between days 1-3.

Way to go on the walking and getting that exercise in. Hope you have continued success.

Wow already walking that far, good for you. I was banded may 14th and am still struggling with gas, day 10 of that now, awful! But I am

Prone to digestion issues so it will take longer for me. I ate some Beans which I love, but never again! At least not for awhile. Disappointed because I we depending on them for protien, but of course the gas pains were terrible after that.

I understand Jackie's girl.. I had a larger hiatal hernia fixed at the same time with many years of GERD before that, so I understand gastric problems.. and truly the gas has been so bad at times I thought I was dying, it would sit right under my left ribcage, just dreadfully painful.. as for the walking, I have large dogs, they won't let me NOT walk.. :) I'm using unsury shakes for Protein, I imagine Beans would be awful right at the moment!! I use 3 shakes a day and get about 70g of protein... I'm determined! I wanted to lose weight because "normal" people treat you like garbage when your morbidly obese.. and because I got tired of not having any energy.... determination is a powerful tool.. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if what I feel is restriction or not since my swelling is still going down. I feel tight and gassy after I drink. I have to do liquids for two full weeks. I am not hungry at all' date=' actually have to force myself to eat...that's new! No desire for food at all. I just want to get out of this house. I live alone and it is very hard and depressing to be here all day and night! I also have bad pain in my back and can't seem to figure out what that is from.[/quote']

Jackie same for me it hurts to eat and it is actually getting frustrating! Never thought I would obsess about food in this way! I have horrible sinful gas every time I eat, my stomach is constantly bloated! The kicker 3 weeks now and I have not exceeded 900cals and I've only lost 10 lbs! I. The scale won't budge!

Hey, hey, hey! Guess who got banded today. ;) I had to be at the hospital at 6 am. Remember it being 9:45 am before the anesthesia kicked my butt and was out of there by 1:45 pm. Quick and not in too much pain. I've been walking around the house with a nap in between.

Hey Deb!!!!! I wondered where you were! I am so sorry it got postponed but you will be all set when the time comes! It was tough at first but gets better everyday. You will be in my prayers too and make sure you come on the may banders because you are one of us!

Hi there. I had my post-op today (banded the 18th) and all is well. My first fill isn't till June 26th. :( All my swelling is down so I'm eating just about as much as normal. Only problem is that I seemed to have torn the muscle wear my port is sewn in so I'm having almost as much pain as the day of surgery. The nurse said it'll have to re-heal. I can't wait till my first fill!!

Deb, I feel your pain. I had my surgery scheduled a week away and had to reschedule because my preexisting bloodclot (in the brain) was not completely dissolved. I had to wait another 4 months!!! I was devastated. I did loose another 20 pounds. I also spent that time developing a new relationship with food. That is super important. The surgery will not be magic. It will take a while to get restriction (took me 6 months) and you will be on a will power diet. You can start living like a bandster now. Sure you will be able to eat more than I can but you can choose the same foods. I really try for my carbs to be from veggies and fruits. I don't eat bread, Pasta, rice, crackers, chips, not because I can't because they are not worth the calories.

Also exercise needs to become a way of life. This isn't high school gym class. Find something you can like. If you need to fake it until you make it that's okay too.

Its amazing how every day I am learning what works for me. I am supposed to get 70g of Protein in a day, and I refuse to drink those nasty Protein Shakes anymore, so that means I am having 1 or 2 protein rich Snacks a day (yogurt, milk, a little meat). I've also noticed I need to stay AHEAD of my hunger (which without restriction is every 3 hours at most) otherwise I feel very weak. When I am out and about I bring a lunchbag with snacks.

I have moments where I feel really depressed and overwhelmed with this whole thing, but I noticed when I'm not hungry, my mood is a bit more stable. I just want to heal and be on regular foods. I want to be able to eat a salad or what everyone else is eating, just less of it. Patience is hard!

Congrats to all recently banded :)

Hi all..I havent posted in a while but have been lurking. My surgery got postponed to June 28th and I am so disappointed.Its all I can do not to go on an Ice cream Binge!!I still have about 20 lbs that he wants me to lose because I have such a high BMI. I can understand it and am grateful that he is going to do my surgery at all. I hope that the next month will fly and ill be just like the rest of you..wondering how fast that it will seem normal again...LOL Congrats to everyone that has had their banding done. It seems like most of you all have had about as bad a time with it as I expected, which is a relief..sorta. Just hoping that I don't get all wimpy. I will continue to lurk here and also in the June forums. Again, congrats you all..you are all doing so well just keep it up!! We didn't gain all this weight over night so we cant expect it all go be gone over night!! You are all in my prayers!! Stay well my band buds.

Hey Deb! I wondered what had happened to you. I'm sorry to hear your surgery was postponed. I know how anxious you are to have this done. Try not to get down on yourself... this is a blessing because you don't want to put yourself at risk by having a BMI higher than your surgeon says is safe. You are in my prayers as well and I am excited for you to have your surgery done in no time :)

Deb, I know you are disappointed (and I believe we can all totally sympathize with you) but you can always look to us as big sisters, right? ;-)

Daisy, I get the thing about the Protein Shakes. I finally found Body Fortress with skim milk and can tolerate them. Except last night's tasted funny...hmmmm....anyway, my doctor in a big packet of info sent home some stuff about how important Protein is for healing after a surgery so I get what you are saying. Plus when I was in my pre-op diet and drinking 24 oz of protein shakes a day I had WAY more energy than usual.

Sara, the did the doctor think he was going to do a fill at this appt?

Purty, sounds like you are getting along awesomingly!

Azhoselady, how are you feeling? I think you and I were banded a couple of days apart.

Hey, I'm looking for some advice and I'll probably put it on the post-op forum too. Last night while reading my iPad, I dropped it on my abdomen. Yep, the same abdomen that just got got banded 4 days priror. Now I'm having a new feeling I hadn't felt before in what I am assuming is my stomach, a pinching feeling. I'm thinking this is unrelated to the dropping accident and just a coincidence. Is it just a "healing" feeling (sorry to sound like Dr. Seuss)?

Hey, hey, hey! Guess who got banded today. ;) I had to be at the hospital at 6 am. Remember it being 9:45 am before the anesthesia kicked my butt and was out of there by 1:45 pm. Quick and not in too much pain. I've been walking around the house with a nap in between.

Glad to hear you are doing well! It will get better everyday .