Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm being banded tomorrow as well @ 10am. I'm excited but also nervous about the procedure. I,ve read books, looked at YouTube videos of people sucess stories, and I've browsed this sit on numerous occasions and I still have many questions like you. I guess I'll just follow my doctors instructions and quit over thinking everything. Good luck to you and hopefully we can be banded buddies throughout this journey...

Good luck to you! I'm sure you will do great!

I was banded this past Tues. I did great girls!! Do not worry, you will do fine! I have no majoe gas pains, I am amazed! I just got home yesterday & feel great, just sore where the incisions are, but thats to be expected. Good luck to both of you!

So glad to hear you did well!

One hint for "sandwiches" is to take Romaine lettuce spread low fat laughing cow cheese down the spine, squeeze on mustard, put chicken breast on and fold over the leaf. Ta Da Sandwich!

Great tip!

Yeh I think I'll ditch the Peanut Butter. I'm only having wee half teaspoons at the moment but the more I have, the more I want. And let's face it, that's how I got here in the first place!!

Oh and I've just thought of another questions.

Before my surgery I had a mild cold. The surgeon wasn't worried about it as I wasn't really coughing much, just a sore throat. But for the past two weeks the coughing has got worse but I have no other cold symptoms. And it's worse at night. Could this be a night cough/reflux thing now? The coughing is stopping me and my husband getting much sleep and I'm conscious of pain at my port site when I cough.

How far out are you Kiwijo? I would love to add some pb to my shake to kill a bit of the Protein taste but I was afraid it was too much in the mushie phase.. I do like the idea of pb2... Need to check that out!

How far out are you Kiwijo? I would love to add some pb to my shake to kill a bit of the Protein taste but I was afraid it was too much in the mushie phase.. I do like the idea of pb2... Need to check that out!

12 days post surgery. :)

My nutritionist doesn't recommend breads, rice or Pasta at this time so I have not had any. Im surprised someone's doctor recommended muffins, but every doctor has different rules. Go with what your Dr says. To me, the band is a tool not a life sentence of deprivation. It needs to be something we can live w/ long term, and for me, to say I can "never" have pasta or bread i enjoy is unrealistic. It is about making those things a treat instead of a daily occurrence the way we used to.

I am curious as to whether other people gained weight once they switched to soft foods? I had been rapidly losing since the pre op diet so kinda surprised. Trying not to get discouraged, continue followin the rules and do my best til my fill.

I had the same reaction but I lost weight ' date=' 15 lbs! My post op visit went really well. I told my dr how hungry I was and he asked why didn't I eat something lol.

I think that it's only natural that we are scared of being bloated because of the surgery. You will do well I'm sure!![/quote']

Great! My docs said hunger s a good sign tht healing has taken place, do good luck in the next steps

May bandsters - How much time (if any) did you take off work? I'm getting banded on 5/30' date=' which is next Wednesday (yikes!), and I'm considering going back to work on the Monday after. I mainly sit at a desk - minimal walking.[/quote']

Im a teacher, standing most of the day, so I took off 2 weeks. Everyone is different, there is no way I could have returned after a week even with a sit down job.

Tomorrow is my day May 24th; I am scared and nervous just like most of you were. I keep taking deep breaths and tell myself it will be ok.. I have only told two people what I am doing and feel a little deceitful' date='not sure how to handle this.

Can you tell me if you have to strain the cream Soup before eating them? I also tried the Protein Drinks and gag so I hope I can eat something else.

Have tons of questions but do not want to take up to much of your time. I bet I could find the answers if I look around the web site.

Thanks and good luck to all the May banders.

Lassie

[/quote']

My doc said only smooth thin Soups. I ate some shrimp bisque which had very tiny pieces, almost a sandy texture, no bigger than that. I was fine.

Thanks for answering my questions. I have tried two different Protein drinks and can’t do it' date=' but I will try other ones before I give up on that. My surgeon told me to start losing weight but did not put me on a restricted diet before surgery. I have on my own (the last four days) put myself on a liquid diet. I thought it would be easier on my system if I got started early. I have a concern with IBS. I am hoping that this surgery helps me with that as well as losing weight. (My doc says it won’t but I am still hoping)

My doctor was very good and went over a lot of things but I did not know what to ask until I starting reading this forum.

Hope these questions are not too silly

Will the connection for refills stick out?

Do they have to cut you again when they refill?

How soon is a refill?

How long after surgery can you have sex?

I did not know that I would be restricted on driving. How long?

Well this is for a start I am sure I will have many more after tomorrow. Hope you are feeling good and thanks again.

Lassie

[/quote']

The port is under the layer of skin, does not stick of

No cutting involved in fills, just a needle stick in your port

Fills are 4-6 weeks, but that differs per your surgeon.

Can answer the sex question...sorry! I wish I could

Driving was restricted until after you are off pain meds...but that may differ form doc to doc too

Ask your surgeon all these questions too just to be sure. You will find lots of differences, but def no cutting after surgey

In regards to the work statement, I was banded Friday 5/11, luckily I don't work on Fridays or Saturdays, I took off Sunday and was back at work at 1230 on Monday.

I think both the fact the I'm 18 and that I'm only a receptionist worked in my favor for recovery though.

Congrats Christine!

So today has been my first bad day. Constantly feeling hungry' date=' dull headache that won't go away and just feel weak. It's weird... I get hungry every 1-2 hours but when I sit down to eat I have little desire. Or i get stuffed so fast i cant eat ENOUGH to sustain me so i get weak. Is this an emotional thing?! Just me? I don't feel energetic or like myself even tho every meal is mostly Protein, plus 3 glasses of milk Inbetween. Is anyone else going through this?

Maybe I need to be eating 4 or 5 meals a day. :(

I talked to the nurse today who said constant hunger is normal til a full, but I'm feeling discouraged.[/quote']

Well your surgery is earlier than mine, but I had an appointment and my doc said 6-8 little meals when going to the mushy stage. Hope yo feel better!

I've taken 2 weeks off. Doctor signed me off for 3 weeks but I feel happy to go back early. Very glad to have the second week as I was dealing with very painful Constipation which would have been awkward at work. :)

@rskegui Sounds like you are doing well. :) a good surgeon makes the process so much easier. Mine made me feel at ease right away too.

Has anyone else gained weight since being banded? Since switching to soft foods a few days ago' date=' I have gained 7.5 lbs. Crazy.[/quote']

I'm afraid of that, but then again I can have so little ill be surprised at weight gain!