Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let me know if you find out about the broccoli and cheddar soup! I would love that right about now! Lol

I was banded yesterday, May 14th and everything went very smoothly. I have 5 incisions, all with steri strips covered by a non stick gauze and clear dressings. I was suprised when I looked at them the first time, that whomever dressed them cut the gauze in heart shapes. Made me smile! That was somehow so comforting that someone took the time to do that. I have no clue who it was. So I have 5 hearts on my belly!

Did not feel like eating much yesterday- only had Water, 1/2 of a Protein Shake and a few bites of pureed vegetable Soup. I can only have liquids for the first 2 days. Today, I have had just water and some Tomato Soup and it tasted heavenly after that 2 wk pre-op diet. I was happy to learn that I lost 14 lbs on the pre-op diet too!

I don't think the pain has been bad at all. Just soreness and everyone who has described it as doing too many sit ups is right on target. Could not sleep on my left side last night because of the location of the incisions.I took pain meds yesterday and last night, but only Tylenol today. I have had other surgeries much worse than this. Heating pad and walking has kept the gas pains to a minimum. The most discomfort is right at the site of the band and my port is also in this area. I could not have asked for a better experience so far!

I hope my fellow May 14th bandees are doing well also. I was thinking of all of you yesterday when I was there.

Mrs. Popeye, I so love the idea of those heart shape bandages! Something little like that makes one feel so special at a time like this! So glad to hear your doing well!

Kathym you have May 22 as a surgery date, same as me! We are going to be Lap Band sisters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today is my 4th day of liquids, I am doing it! Not as hungry as I was on day 1~

Mrs. Popeye I'm so glad your surgery went so well and the idea of the bandages is from a very caring person who really loves their job.....Always nice to know that there are people who still care and you were in those caring hands during your surgery.

Lilbelly then Lap Band sisters we will be and we'll go through this together!!!!! So excited to have someone to go through this with me.

@Mrs.Popeye I'm so glad everything went well. It's amazing how a small kindness, like someone making your heart bandages, can totally lift your spirits. The day of my surgery, I was walking w/ the nurse down the hall and I was in so much pain, so nauseas and just feeling crappy! A young man who had just gotten the sleeve & was recovering walked by me in the hall and said "I wouldn't have believed it yesterday, but it gets so much better. I promise." I will never forget that.

Less than a week to go, 5/21, and getting really nervous. Thinking about everything I wanted to get done before surgery, will just have to let some of that go. Husband is worrying about the surgery as well. I'm sure things will go fine, just hate the anticipation.

Well i am home after my may 14th surgery. All went well, went in the the or at 9 and was out of recovery about 2. Went to my room and pressed the morphine button evey ten minutes. I was in a lot of pain when I woke up. Once on the morphine it was bearable but eventually made me sick. They switched me to something else and then to oral meds this morning. The nausea was the worst part for me. I have absolutely no gas as so many others have complained about. No shoulder pain, just hurting in my stomach. It feels best to sit up for me or when I am perfectly still that I don't feel it. Thats the opposite of what they want, but when i move i feel like my stomach hangs and the pulling downward hurts. Coughing hurts and so does laughing. Drinking an ounce every 15 minutes. Glad to finally be post op!

Well made it to Las Vegas!!!Headed to the surgeons office and then surgery tomorrow!!! I am sooo nerveous and scared...Will post more after this is all over with!!!

Well made it to Las Vegas!!!Headed to the surgeons office and then surgery tomorrow!!! I am sooo nerveous and scared...Will post more after this is all over with!!!

What is everyone taking as far as the calcium citrate?

I take Citrical 1200mg a day.

Surgery complete, discharged at a 2pm. Gassy? Yes. Throat is dry and a little sore. Overall I feel good just groggy. I'm home now, have enjoyed a sf Popsicle, and it felt soooo good to my dry mouth.

Hope everyone is ok :)

Spoke too soon, feeling the gas trapped now...guess the pain meds were masking it. Just got all my scripts so I'll be good as soon as they kick in. Just enjoyed a pop cycle. Yum!

Glad to hear your feeling ok Jackie. Sorry about the gas but its to be expected unfortunately.

I bet that popcicle was like a little piece of heaven! Get plenty of rest!

My Lap Band with plication is scheduled for May 16, 2012. Tomorrow.

So excited and nervous.

Glad to hear your feeling ok Jackie. Sorry about the gas but its to be expected unfortunately.

I bet that popcicle was like a little piece of heaven! Get plenty of rest!

It was! I never thought a cold Popsicle could taste so good. Pain meds are covering any gas discomfort now.