Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best of luck MommaSue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) Hi everyone ~ I'm having my surgery tomorrow, May 4th, so may I join you? Is there a way on this site to be notified of posts or anything? I'm not the most technically savvy person in the world!

Jackie'sGirl, I definitely understand your fear of failure. I'm right there with you. Nothing else has worked, what makes this different? It looks like we will be finding out together and hopefully we will all be successful and healthier for our efforts!

Sue

Normal, IL (yes, really, there is a "Normal" in Illinois!)

Good evening!!

Well I went to my post op doc visit today and then to the hospital for blood work which they had a hard time getting blood out of me.......all went well.

My band is scheduled for May 11th, Dr Kent says it will probably be around 8am so that is good but will know for sure on Thursday. I lost 5 pounds from my first visit with the doc the end of March so I was pleased with that. Now to look toward the next thing....... LIQUIDS!!! I start that next Wed so wish me luck.

Tam

Hi everyone ~ I'm having my surgery tomorrow, May 4th, so may I join you? Is there a way on this site to be notified of posts or anything? I'm not the most technically savvy person in the world!

Jackie'sGirl, I definitely understand your fear of failure. I'm right there with you. Nothing else has worked, what makes this different? It looks like we will be finding out together and hopefully we will all be successful and healthier for our efforts!

Sue

Welcome!! My surgery is May 11th!! Look forward to hearing great things from you!!

Hi Everyone' date=' I finally got my date of May 21st. I'm so excited and nervous. I don't think it has really sunk in yet. I don't have to do a pre-op diet, except for liquids the day before. I think I am going to start something on my own though, maybe a shake for Breakfast, just to get me in the habit and so it's not such a shock after surgery.[/quote']

Same here. Liquids for the day before. My day is May 30. Totally hasn't sunk in yet!

Oh Natalie..

I am just getting around to reading the posts. Can you BELIEVE that? My week has been so hectic and I have kinda been in a bit of a frump. Last week I started working out on my Nordic Track even tho it was just little bits at a time (15 minutes)' date=' that was all this that old body could take. But I also stated the three shakes a day and just Water and Vitamins with it. I lost 13 lbs last week..then it stopped :( I got my Period on saturday and it was the worst one ever and I still just had my shakes, Vitamins, water and LOTS of Tylenol!! and know what, lost 2 pounds so far this week. I am so disappointed so now I have stepped it up. I did a full walk on the incline tred mill and lasted a whole 30 minutes in one shot last night! a miracle for me at 460 lbs, but I did it. I was so proud and sweat a whole bunch and thought to my self, sweat = burned calories = lost weight. This morning I was down .5 of a lb. I hear that people get stuck but there is no way I will have the extra 20 somthing lbs gone for the surgery. I feel so blah now cause I stand the chance that I wont get mine done in May. I dont know what else to do. I cant stop eating anymore and I am doing my walking every morning and during the day in small bits. I walk around the warehouse and around the parking lot and walk around the building to go to the mailbox and everywhere I can get in an extra step. Now Ive added the 30 minuites at night. lets see if that will get my game going again but I feel so defeated. Surely I cant have plateaued at this point.

Anyways, enough of my belly aching. I will stay in the May banders group unitl /if they tell me that I have to wait longer.

Congrats to all of those who have been banded already!! It is very exciting to see that people even feel like coming to post after surgery. I got myself so pumped up for this..I just cant wait!! Cant wait to see who posts next and I will keep everyone in my prayers that we all do fine and recover FAST!

HAs anyone found a good remedy for the Constipation? [/quote']

15 minutes of exercise is still amazing especially if you havent been active in the past. And 30 mins.. Wow! I am proud of you! I can now do up to 40 min on the elliptical but that took 8 months exercising 5 days a week, so it does take time to build endurance. Please don't allow yourself to get defeated. You are making amazing strides :) when do you have to lose another 20lbs by? I am sure your period is making you retain water weight. Try interval training - 5 mins of walking, then try running even if for just 10 seconds, walking again, run, and so on. That burns more cals. Also have you tried the Walk Away The Pounds DVDs or Biggest Loser 30 Day Jump start (the arm and leg section is totally doable)? I KNOW you can do this!! And feel free to message me any time if you need a buddy :)

My constipation is still bad. These stool softeners aren't doing anything and I've been drinking water literally ALL day. I'm frustrated and wondering if I'll have to get an enema the day of surgery or if this is normal.

As I get closer, I'm having major anxiety thinking about how my relationship with food will never be the same. I have been big my whole life. To go from binging to eating a cup of food is a huge leap but that is exactly why I need this surgery. I am ready to get past surgery, get healed and learn to live with the band.

- Natalie

Are you getting all your Water in? That has helped me considerably! 64 oz. a day or 4 oz. every hour that you're awake.

Yes, trying to sip on water all day. So far, no difference but I am trying not to freak out like I want to. Lol

Welcome to everyone who has just found out they're getting banded this month. I am so happy we can go on this journey together.

- Natalie

Was wondering if anyone else is on the same pre-op diet I am? 1000 calorie diet.I have Protein Shakes during the day and at night i can have a lean green dinner? ? I have not weighed since I started the diet yesterday and I am starting day 3 tomorrwo.YES i to am so hungry during the day but drink lots of Water to "FILL" me up..Surgery day is the 16th!!!! ONLY 13 more days!!!

I was on the 1000 calorie diet before surgery. I had a shake for breakfast and lunch and a Protein dinner (chicken or turkey). I lost 19 lbs Pre op.

I was banded on Wednesday and would I do it again? Yes yes yes. Right now I am on only 1 oz of Water every 20 mins and I'm not hungry. Right now pain is manageable. I feel like I did 1000 sit ups and some gas pain in my shoulder/neck area.

Good luck to everyone having surgery soon.

I know it's the best decision I ever made.

Hi everyone ~ I'm having my surgery tomorrow, May 4th, so may I join you? Is there a way on this site to be notified of posts or anything? I'm not the most technically savvy person in the world!

Sue

Welcome Sue! Wow today is your day! Good Luck..I cant wait to see your post Op posts to see how you are doing!! Welcome to the group. There are a lot of very sweet and supportive people here :)

Was wondering if anyone else is on the same pre-op diet I am? 1000 calorie diet.I have Protein Shakes during the day and at night i can have a lean green dinner? ? I have not weighed since I started the diet yesterday and I am starting day 3 tomorrwo.YES i to am so hungry during the day but drink lots of Water to "FILL" me up..Surgery day is the 16th!!!! ONLY 13 more days!!!

I'm on day 3 today and i'm on the same diet as you. I have a Protein Shake for breakfast and lunch and a sensible dinner (lean meats and green veggies). I'm not going to lie the first 2 days were pretty tough for me. Yesterday evening got a little better and today well I think i'm starting to get used to it. I have had some Constipation though and I have drank my 64 oz of water. My dr told me to drink some warm tea first thing in the morning that usually can help get things going. So i'm going to try that and hopefully it will work. I do tend to get hungry during the day but learned yesterday if I chew sugar free gum then it doesnt bother me. So gum is my best friend today.

Congrats, wishing you an easy time of it all!!

Cant wait to hear how you are doing! Good luck today!!

Good news, yesterday I was finally able to "go". Feeling a lot better physically and mentally now. I am on day 7 of liquids.

Wishing all of you a successful surgery and quick recovery! It is very reassuring to see people post after surgery and say their pain level isn't bad.

Started my pre-op liquid diet and counting down the days until surgery! How is everyone doing on their pre-op diet ? Good luck everyone !

I'm doing GREAT but craving a cheeseburger. No cheating. I am determined to do this!

5 days till my surgery! Hospital has called me to confirm just need to know what time to go!!! Getting excited!!!

Tomorrow @ 5:00 a.m is my new beginning. I'll keep you all posted on how I'm doing.

How did everything go?