Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today is day 10. I have 8 more days to go. :(

I'm going to stop telling people that I'm having lap band surgery. They've been telling me that they know people who had it done and gained back the weight and someone else told me that they knew someone who had it done and it didn't turn out well at all. Arrrgggh. That's not what I want to hear right now as I'm starving to death.

Yes, that is a good idea. I am being very picky about who I tell. I told no one outside of my immediate family and I told them not to tell anyone. My 16yr old promptly told her best friend and 2 other people. Needless to say, we had a serious talk about this not being her decision to make and that I felt a bit betrayed by that. I think she understands now, whereas before she did not get how personal and emotional this can be for people who are obese. It's all ok now -I don't see how she could have understood anyway because she is skinny and only 16. Maybe someone else will learn from my error- really talk to kids in depth.

Hi everyone. I am banded. I have 7 ccs on a 10 cc band.

It wasn't as bad as I thought. Some soreness in the port area. When they ask you about your pain and nausea be truthful. They will make you comfortable and you definitely don't want to be in pain. It will speed your recovery. I will post more later.

Congrats and hoping you have a speedy recovery!

Hi everyone! As I posted before my surgery is may 11 and I am really struggling with my preop diet (protein shakes and a few veggies ONLY) although it's been so difficult and I'm on day 7 of my preop diet..I HAVE LOST 10lbs!!!!! In one week!! :) so happy!! Whenever I'm starving I just remember my dedication to following the rules and the success is shown on the scale!!! Im hoping for another 5-10lbs this week before my surgery! Anyone else have success like this on the 2week preop diet??!

thats how my pre op diet is and i am starving lol i am may 10th and on day 6 ugh

My surgery date is May 9th :)

Mine tooo!!!! One more week!!(yikes)

Touria, I'm glad the surgery went smoothly. :) take it easy.

Day 5 of liquids hasnt been too bad. Even though I cannot stop thinking about food (penne Pasta, goldfish crackers, fried chicken, dq blizzard... Dang commercials!) I dont feel as physically hungry as I did the other days. I am still having REALLY bad Constipation though. It's weird... I go 4 times a day but nothing comes out, or very little and it's painful to the point where there is blood. The nurse told me I can take a stool softener so I am going to try that tonight. Just an FYI to anyone about to start the liquid diet.

I haven't told many friends either. I had a friend tell me i should just "learn to eat healthy" and my boss told me it was "too drastic" and "you don't need it". My family has been 100% excited for me as well as a couple close friends, and that's all I need.

- Natalie

I haven't told too many people either... just my best friend 3 other good friends and my family... haven't told anyone@ work but I think they would all be very supportive tho...just not ready to tell a lot of people don't knw if I ever will

I had the surgery yesterday' date=' went pretty well just tryin to shake off the nausea!

[link=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wILrL8f/'] [image noborder]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wILrL8f/weight.png[/image] [/link]

Congrats... Praying for a speedy recovery!

I am sitting here reading everyone's posts about their up coming surgeries, I think its great!

I also think like in a month we should post our pics so we can see the changes in our bodies...I am surgery bound May 22.. I can't wait. Like most of you, I haven't told anyone outside my immediate family, I do not want to hear bad things about this. I don't want to hear "you look fine, your just chubby"! No, I am a skinny girl inside all this unwanted flesh!

Shy, do you think you have nausea from the anethesia? I get like that from being put out.

Ok so today was my day! And bad news... Of course my luck got into the or and heart went crazy and they cancelled the case! Having a bunch of tests today and tomorrow an maybe the band on Friday!!! Ughh so disappointing :(

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Ok so today was my day! And bad news... Of course my luck got into the or and heart went crazy and they cancelled the case! Having a bunch of tests today and tomorrow an maybe the band on Friday!!! Ughh so disappointing :(

So sorry to hear that. I'll say a prayer for you that you'll be able to have it done on Friday. Once you get to the hospital, try to think pleasant thoughts and know that you have lots of people here to support you.

Love the idea of posting our pics in a month. I still need to take full body pre op pictures.

I am so sorry!! Was your heart rate just too fast or do you have a heart condition? This is just a hiccup and I know everything will work out for you.

- Natalie

Im in may 3rd. TOMORROW!! I cant wait...

Good luck 2ma! Let us know how it goes!

I am sitting here reading everyone's posts about their up coming surgeries' date=' I think its great!

I also think like in a month we should post our pics so we can see the changes in our bodies...I am surgery bound May 22.. I can't wait. Like most of you, I haven't told anyone outside my immediate family, I do not want to hear bad things about this. I don't want to hear "you look fine, your just chubby"! No, I am a skinny girl inside all this unwanted flesh![/quote']

I like that idea as well...I took my before pics and measurements on Sunday...