Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tummy Tuck Scar Pics At Eleven Days

I took the micropore tape off today to change it and dared a look at the scar. So pleased with it, it is lovely and neat - you see so many scars that a very uneven and lack symmetry online. Its a very straight scar due to the lack of skin I had to work with, and again, i say that pics dont do it justice! My tummy is so much neater than it was, even though I am not a lot smaller. Given that I heal up well and my scars tend to lose their colour very quickly and stay flat, I dont think the height of this scar is going to be a big problem. Still quite significantly swollen too, so I am anticipating a lot more improvement in terms of muscle definition and slimness.

post-204296-13813134073286_thumb.gif

post-207166-13813134073346_thumb.jpg

post-204009-13813134073591_thumb.jpg

post-204951-13813139963257_thumb.jpg

post-204951-13813139963685_thumb.jpg

post-204951-13813139964097_thumb.jpg

nice to see that u are recovering well and scars look amazing u must be very pleased :)

Wow that looks awesome..so nice and clean no lumps great job done by surgeon so jealous

So happy for you Jaqui!

wow. that looks so amazing!!!werk!!!

Great Job...... you look amazing.... Going today for my 8 week check...

absolutly amazing you look fantastic! :D

I took the micropore tape off today to change it and dared a look at the scar. So pleased with it' date=' it is lovely and neat - you see so many scars that a very uneven and lack symmetry online. Its a very straight scar due to the lack of skin I had to work with, and again, i say that pics dont do it justice! My tummy is so much neater than it was, even though I am not a lot smaller. Given that I heal up well and my scars tend to lose their colour very quickly and stay flat, I dont think the height of this scar is going to be a big problem. Still quite significantly swollen too, so I am anticipating a lot more improvement in terms of muscle definition and slimness.

[/quote']

Was it painful?

What - taking the tape off ? No, not really, it did cause a few sort of twinges, that strangely I felt not where they occurred. My belly is all horribly numb, its really a creepy feeling.

Or if you mean the Tummy Tuck - really no. The first few days I had a PCA which I didnt need to overly use but morphine is a pretty darn great pain medicine, so I wasnt in pain.

What it is is uncomfortable and frustrating. I had four days in hospital - here, its not a kick you out the next day procedure and as a private patient, I can pretty much stay as long as I want within reason. So I was jackknifed inm bed - elevated back and knees up over pillows. I got a sore neck from sleeping like that and my bum was killing me. But by the next morning I was able to get up, shower anmd sit in a chair. Not sure HOW I would have managed at home wihtout the adjustable bed, shower chair, all that sort of stuff. The drains are a nuisance, very disgusting to look at and just hurt a tad where they go in as they pull. I hate being catheterised and hooked up to an IV so had to tolerate that for two days. Got a sore back from walking all hunched over and was dying for a full, all in shower, but its one limb at a time, keep the tummy dry for a week or two.

Its taken me two weeks to walk upright, during that time, I've gotten stiff and sore. The swelling of the tummy makes it incredibly tight, which again is not painful, just uncomfortable. You just want to shake off the tightness and move normally but its a long process. I get very tired just doing stuff, I've had three weeks off work and I'm goimg to take a fourth because as a teacher, I work on my feet. I'm no wimp when it comes to pain, I ran 7kms ten days after a huge bowel resection but this time, I truly cant do that and I truly cant get through my normal day without swelling up and tightening up and getting extremely tired.

But nothing really "hurts". Apart from sneezing, coughing and laughing. And DH and I havent gotten jiggy yet because if those things hurt, you can bet any sort of satisfying sex will, lol.

Going back to ork tomorrow at four weeks. Every day ive woken up hoping to feel lots better and every day has been the same. Theres not a lot of pain, not at all but tightness, discomfort, numbness and swelling. Every other major op Ive had has been a quick recovery with measureable improvement from day to day, this is ooooo slow. Happily, the last few days have brought that s ort of improvement, i even put in an hour at the gym on Friday.

I cant run yet, it just doesnt feel right but the bike and elliptical at full pace were fine and i will try a spin class in the next few days. The swelling finally appears to be abating, except for the pubic region, and it feels like the inguinal hernias are worse than ever, m PS assures me he did fix them but Fluid accumulates at the site and mimics them, i sure hope so. The other problem is funny, but having ll your girlie bits lifted raises your pubic hairline and its now higher than most of my knickers!!! I think im going o be investin in a little laser treatment lol, i wax anyway bu still.

Oh, and now my hips, thighs an butt look huge to me! My waist is really tiny,iwas aways pearshaped but im much more of an hourglass now and its taking a bit o get used to! Dh reckons i need muc bigger boobs to balance

You look awesome!! Having your Girly bits moved takes getting used to doesn't it?

OMG.... same thing happened to me..... when i read what you and Jac.. posted i started laughing. When i finally removed the garment..... my "man in the boat" was right up front.... lol..... my hubby said..... wow... i like that.. it's looking at me.... he said you no longer have a fat cat....now it's a slim kitty....lol

I made 10 weeks Wednesday. Still healing, got a small sore on my left hip... my fault, did too much to fast and one of the inside stitch popped... so because the outside was glued... it's didn't pop open... a pocket developed and Fluid gathered and will... it opened... got antibiotic and cream. All the other healing could not be better.... but the numbness in the stomach is still there, but getting better everyday.