Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Was banded at 10:30am yesterday. I feel pretty great today, actually!! After getting home till I went to sleep I had some stiffness in my chest so I walked around the house and breathed in deeply and that went away (mostly) by this morning. Other than that, I'm hardly in any discomfort. I'm very excited about my new life and so far!!

Congratulations Johnny!! I look forward to hearing your progress. My surgery date is April 16. Pretty excited to start the next chapter.

Good Luck, Jim

Congrats guys!!!!

Congrats and welcome to the other side. Keep us posted on your progress.

Congrats....Dont over-do it these first couple of weeks, you need to let yourself heal. Although, walking really does help. I sipped on warm broth and walked for the first 4-5 days after surgery and other than a sore throat I felt great! I just had my 3rd fill yesterday, so on liquids/mushies today and tomorrow, but I think I'm much closer to my sweet spot finally! You will get there too, just take one day at a time and dont let the speed bumps in the road become mountains to overcome

I was saying the same almost a week ago. You will do great! I'm going to see the doc on Thursday for my first follow up! I can't wait!

Congrats!!! Look forward to hearing how you are doing!

weight.png

Yeah I try to walk a bit every hour or so. I've got discomfort around my abdomen, but that's expected. The gas pain I haven't experienced yet, as far as I can tell. I'm drinking my Protein Water, tea, and broth and I had some Jello that went down well.

My biggest fear is showering. My wounds look fine, no swelling or redness, no heat or raised temperature around the wounds, but I'm afraid that I'll mess something up if I shower. Did everyone shower after the 24 hours or did anyone wait? I took a washcloth around the wounds but I'm just nervous that I'll get too wet. Am I just bring paranoid?

I shower after 24 hours. Per my post op instructions, just let the soapy Water run over my belly. Don't rub or wash them

You definitely need to keep them clean....i would do what ^this lady suggests and then make sure they stay dry. Congrats...Ill be there on the 12th.

You definitely need to keep them clean....i would do what ^this lady suggests and then make sure they stay dry. Congrats...Ill be there on the 12th.

I showered after the 24 hrs as well, with no problem. As long as U dnt submerge them in Water, U should be fine. I showered with my back to the water to avoid soaking.

Try drying the area with a blowdryer on the cool setting

I was banded yesterday, and I am not so thrilled with the gas pains. I have irritable bowel syndrome, so I knew what to expect. Moving is working, and my abs feel like I just did a killer workout. I also have the On-Q pump, so I can't shower until it is out. Has anyone had that? Also did anyone look into compression tops postop for pain management? I am going to go nuts not doing taekwondo while I heal, but I suppose a lot of walking is in my future with the gas pain! Thanks