Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not Experiencing What Most Banders Experience

Hi all, I was banded 02/15/12 and have heard others talk about dumping syndrome and PB. I have yet to experience either one. I dont know if I am just lucky or if something is not right. I have my cheat days and have eaten padta and bread with ease. Does anyone have any input on this? O and I have only 1 1/2 cc in my band so maybe this has something to do with it!!!

Dumping isn't supposed to be typical with the band and if u are eating tiny bite, chewing well and not taking too large bites pbing shouldn't be happening either. Maybe u r just doing everything right! Some people can eat anything as long as they follow the above rules

Hi all, I was banded 02/15/12......... and I have only 1 1/2 cc in my band so maybe this has something to do with it!!!

Yes, that has everything to do with it. Was that 1-1/2cc your first fill? Just a week or 2 ago?

You have a ways to go before you start to experience some of things you have read about.

You are in the very early stages.

Hang in there, listen and follow your Dr's orders. Remember, it is a journey, meaning it takes time for things to develop and progress.

For some people 1-1/2cc is as though there is nothing at all in your band. For some they fell it does something.

I had 4cc's on my first fill and it did nothing. I even started to gain weight after that until my 2nd fill.

I had my 1st fill in early March, {2.5cc's} and thought the same thing as you. I couldn't relate to other's here, however just last week ,I had a major pbing Friday & Saturday. Not sure if it was the food as I ate the same thing days before and had no problem, or did I not chew it well enough but it was a good 45 min episode of major discomfort. The next day I had another issue with something which I chewed really well, but I think it was due to the effects from the day before. The rest of the weekend, I drank Protein Drinks and real soft foods and haven't had a problem since.

I was banded in December 2011 and I have never experienced anything that some on here have either. I have never had nausea, PB, or had anything stuck. I have 3.5 cc in my band now but I also have never had bread, potatoes, rice or Pasta. Not one time since being banded. I asked my dietician about those problems that some have on here and she says its usually from eating too fast, drinking from a straw or eating foods that shouldn't be eaten. I feel quite lucky in that department.

I was banded in june 2011 and had just a couple PB episodes in July and no more until this last fill that happens to be my fourth fill. 9.2 cc in a 14 cc band! I even had a PB episode with Water

I was banded in Dec 2010 and just recently (with the last 2 fills) have experienced the PB'ing and sliming. I agree with everyone who has said you're still in early stages. Some people have completely with restriction with little to no fill, the majority of us need multiple fills. Good luck!!

I never experienced any PB'ing or sliming until after my first year following the band. I was one of the fortunate ones that did not require a band fill until I was a year out. After that fill last December, I have experienced one too many sliming and "stuck" moments, so my surgeon is going to likely be taking some of that fill out. I would have gone sooner but I recently underwent hip replacement surgery and my hip was particularly bad and my recovery had been very slow until recently. FINALLY getting my band checked tomorrow as I am having some swelling and pain and then headed to my surgeon to likely have a bit of saline removed. My weight loss has been stalled lately and I am wondering if this isnt partly why.

Anyway, Good luck to you and best wishes....

Hi all' date=' I was banded 02/15/12 and have heard others talk about dumping syndrome and PB. I have yet to experience either one. I dont know if I am just lucky or if something is not right. I have my cheat days and have eaten padta and bread with ease. Does anyone have any input on this? O and I have only 1 1/2 cc in my band so maybe this has something to do with it!!![/quote']

I am at restriction and have never PB'd.