Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PB'd for the 1st time, need reassurance!

:cry I finally had my first pb yesterday. I was eating chicken too fast and it got stuck. I had just wrote last week I didn't understand pb'ing but I do now. I burper probably 25 times and then it came up. I feel like total crap today though. I am sore in my clavicle area and just don't want much to eat. I'm also paranoid that I might have slipped my band. I'm one month banded. I don't really know how much it takes to make it slip but could one throw up do it and if so, how would I know?? Kinda scared! Any input would be greatly appreciated!!:scared:

After a PB there is usually swelling so it is reccomended by most Dr.'s that after a PB to go on liquids for 24 hours to let the swelling subside..if not and you chose to eat it can become a vicious cycle.. you may PB again if there is swelling. Dont worry about your band slipping..just do liquids for 24 hrs then resume with softer foods and then back to solids..

If your band slipped I was told that you would not be able to keep anything down not even liquids but others here have had slippage and were able to still eat...I'm sure your band is fine, you just had a PB, now listen to your body and take it slow in resuming solids...chew chew chew :scared:

I just had my 1st one about 3 weeks ago. I've been having one a week ever since. I'm going for an unfill this week (I think). I wouldn't worry too much about. As you can see, it happens a lot around here.

....my first chicken PB was when I was trying to talk on the phone and chew at the same time....and I was miserable for several days....gradually I came to learn how to manage better....

chicken remains a challenge for me much of the time....I was afraid to even try chicken for about 4 or 5 months....and still most of the time I will whizz it up with FF yoghurt by preference....

Don't be afraid to revert a day or two back to mushies or even liquids...

Requiring a man to do two things at one time is asking a lot :scared: Talking on the phone and eating do not mix.

chicken remains a challenge for me much of the time....

(cant seem to figure out that quote thing). But anyway.... Yeah Jack, chicken is a killer for me too. I pretty much stay away from the stuff now since it seems every time I eat it I have a problem. Don't know what is up with that.... steak goes down just fine.

I have found the easiest chicken to eat, is the Tyson chicken strips that are already cooked. They come in different favors and are very tender.

I do very well with dark chicken meat. Also, I can do white meat if I cut it really small. (like for stir fry). What I can't eat is scrambled eggs of all things. I can do hard boiled and over easy, but not scrambled. Bizarre.

Good ol' PBs. I remember my first one and I was terrified. I PB about once a week or so as well, usually when I am not paying attention (for example, trying to eat dinner while my husband is letting my 16 month old son climb up the dvd rack), or when I am traveling. I have learned that if I get the golf ball it is going to come up at some point so I generally forgo the pain and pressure and head straight for the bathroom. I don't even have to stick my finger down my throat!!