Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vaginal Itching And Lapband

Sorry if this is TMI but I have been having a constant vaginal itch without odor or discharge. The docs are clueless and have been giving me creams just to pacify me but they are not working.I am negative for yeast infections, bacterial infections, as well as STD's. I have seen 3 different ob/gyns. I was banded in December 22, 2011, about 3 months ago. I started this itch in February of this year. I also started birth control the end of January. I was on the same birth control for 2 years prior to the band and they made me stop it just before my surgery but I got back on it 4 weeks later. I am wondering if this is a side effect of the lapband or my birth control or could it simply be from the weight loss and different diet that my body is just going through changes. I am desperate to get rid of this. Has anyone experienced anything like this? I dont know what else to do.

Crystal

Have u had your sugar levels tested/monitored? Intimate itching can be a side effect of high/low sugar levels. I would def watch your carb intake and sugar intake if there are no other reasons for u itching..

Have u had your sugar levels tested/monitored? Intimate itching can be a side effect of high/low sugar levels. I would def watch your carb intake and sugar intake if there are no other reasons for u itching..

Your right I forgot about that

Wow! Really? Can you explain this more? Why is that?

Sorry if this is TMI but I have been having a constant vaginal itch without odor or discharge. The docs are clueless and have been giving me creams just to pacify me but they are not working.I am negative for yeast infections' date=' bacterial infections, as well as STD's. I have seen 3 different ob/gyns. I was banded in December 22, 2011, about 3 months ago. I started this itch in February of this year. I also started birth control the end of January. I was on the same birth control for 2 years prior to the band and they made me stop it just before my surgery but I got back on it 4 weeks later. I am wondering if this is a side effect of the lapband or my birth control or could it simply be from the weight loss and different diet that my body is just going through changes. I am desperate to get rid of this. Has anyone experienced anything like this? I dont know what else to do.

Crystal[/quote']

Do you wear sanitary napkins for any reason? If so, some women react this way to certain brands. You might try "rephresh" Probiotics to restore normal vaginal ph. You might try a tampon soaked in half strength table vinegar and three or four drops of tea tree oil. Insert and leave in for about 20 minutes two to three times a day for ten days.

My sugars have been a little on the low side I suppose. Presurgery they were very high and I was on medication. They told me to stop my medication immediately after my surgery. I have only been checking them with my machine since then. They normally range from 68-96. Maybe I should talk to the bariatric surgeon about this.

Crystal

To be honest i dont know the reason, all i know is that i suffered badly when my diabtetes was at its worst, my diabetes has gone and so has the itching.. Vagisil worked wonders ..

Make sure u wear only 100 cotton good fitting underwear too :)

Just google it for more info ..:)

Well he might not know much about vaginal itching lol ... but talk to him about the sugars anyways :)

During the first half or so of your weightloss your body can be in Ketosis and it can cause all sorts of body odor including vaginal. google it

oh, sorry, just looked back.....you say no odor?

it could be related to hairloss too. Is the hair on your head thinning?

For about six months after my surgery I was getting thrush in my mouth every three weeks- they tested for everything through blood work and said everything was fine. I still kept getting it and then they decided it was my body's reaction to surgery. And then it just went away. I think perhaps, although odd and annoying, that it's a coping mechanism for the body.

I had this same issue after surgery my husband kept looking at me like i was crazy i put two and two together and found out it was my pain meds

During the first half or so of your weightloss your body can be in Ketosis and it can cause all sorts of body odor including vaginal. google it

oh, sorry, just looked back.....you say no odor?

it could be related to hairloss too. Is the hair on your head thinning?

I know mine is, and I had the itchiness, have I have a drawer full of creams. My friend went to md also and dr told her same thing, nothing they can really do.

Laundry Detergent...I have never been sensitive. But I had this problem and I switched to a hypo allergenic detergent and I got better. I think as we age so to some of our sensitivities. Also - high sugar...when my diabetes was out of control I had to deal with it.

Stop washing yourself with soap around your vagina - warm Water is sufficient

You are suffering from a case of

Itchy Bottom Syndrome AKA Pruritis Ani

Only in your case it has manifested around your vagina. Just use warm Water to wash for a few days - including around your anal passage and the problem will go away