Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recovery From Tt And Breast Reduction?

I'm having tt and breast reduction surgery on May 21st. My surgeon has told me what to expect, and my sister, who's the head nurse at a large surgical practice, has told me her version, but I'd like more info. If anyone has experience could you please tell me how long YOU were out of commission. I am a teacher so I will be off of work for the remainder of the summer, but I do not do REST very well. I can't stand laying around or sitting around. I'd like to know how long it was before you were able to get up, get dressed, and go on short outings to the store etc.. I sill have drains. My surgeon does nit use them, except with weight loss patients. He's very firm about that. Thanks in advance for any experiences you would like to share on this topic. Btw my sister will be with me for a week after the surgery.

I had a breast reduction about 9 years ago. It took me about 3 days to be up and around and about 10 days before I went back to work. I wasn't in any real pain (thanks to percoset), I just had trouble with sitting up and my stamina. I did have drains and those were a pain. I wore a zip up hoodie and put the drains in the pockets so they didn't get in the way (and I didn't have to look at them). There is a great website similar to LBT but for breast surgery called Breast Health Online. It is a great resource! If you have any other questions PM me and I will be happy to respond. One more thing - make sure have a topical analgesic called traumeel cream to apply after the incisions are closed. Life saver for me!

Thank you! I'll check out that forum.

Hello

I had a Tummy Tuck on March 15th and with Lipo of both hips, 2 drains, my incision was hip to hip and my umbilicus was relocated.

I went home from the recovery room and like you I am a teacher and was concerned. I had a niece who is a nurse stay with my for 5 days.

I am also the can't sit still type.

I have been very blessed. I had no pain, a little road rash from the binder (putting tight underwear and spandex under the binder resolved that issue in 1 day).Some people told me to wear my old big underwear and that didn't work for me (the wrinkles were worse) The hips were hard and hot for 2 days and about a week out they itched like hell for 2 days but that also resolved. I was told the itching was a good sign.

I still have my drains but one will probably come out tomorrow. I have varying stamina and had one dizzy spell in the bathroom the 1st day post op (i think i had a hot flash and was a little hypotensive so I skipped BP meds for the next 2 days and it all resolved.

As to activity, I was probably bad and had a lot of adrenaline the 1st day post op and actually went out to lunch and a little shopping. I probably over did it. I am able to walk daily (4-5miles), but have learned to listen to my body and take naps if desired.

My results are phenomenal already , no regrets and more than pleased so I am anxious to see the results in a few months when it all matures.

I wish you the best. Tazzy

I had a TT with breast lift and implants in December. In 3 days I was back up at my kids school functions. I was sore but never in pain. I had a pain pump though for the first 2 1/2 days.

Im sitting in hospital day 2 (i get a four night stay) and can tell already Im goi g to be frustrated. Im a teacher too, school holidays start here today so i go back week 3 if i feel ok. I also had repair of tWo fairly major inguinal hernias which o some extent i have caused myself by NOT taking it easy, like running ten days after a six hour long bowel resection, o this time i am going to focus on walking and nothing else!

It oesnt hurt as much as i expected, but i can do less than i expected if that mkes sense. Even adjusting the pillow is hard! Im also more than ready to lose the catheter and pumpy stocking things.

Thanks soooo much for all your thoughtful responses! It's so nice to talk to REAL people about their experiences. Happy healing to all!!!!