Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My feelings about pills/supplements/boosters...  

2 members have voted

1. 1. My feelings about pills/supplements/boosters...

• Isn't that the point of the band? I won't take them. That is why I got this band!!!
    • I don't think it is good to take them, but I am not opposed to the idea.
    • I take them on occasion.
    • I take pills/supplements/suppressors/boosters regularly to promote and give my weight loss an added edge along with the tool of my band. Why not make the most of the situation?

OOPS! Maybe I shouldn't have answered this poll. I am not banded anymore but I do take Hoodia. It helps but I have to be careful because it makes me jittery.

I am not currently taking any pills or supplements, but if somewhere down the road my weight loss slows down & I have the proper restriction, I would be open to trying something. No weird stuff though!!! Maybe Hoodia if it really works!!

I'm not taking any pills, I couldn't if I wanted to I haven't had a fill in quiet sometime but I still have good restriction, but In the past before I got the band I did take many different types of pills to try to lose weight and nothing seem to work...but maybe in the future if something happens that I lose my band or start to gain weight instead of losing I'd be willing to try something that's safe....

That stuff tends to make me jittery and nervous and I know most of it is not good for the heart. I was into it when I was younger, but not now. It seems the weight will come off, but come back on again in full force!

Kelli

Pill Popper here! Not realy. I answered "on occasion" but my attitude is "heck yeah, whatever helps" because I know I am fighting a really tough metabolism. If it gives me a boost in the downward direction, I'll do it.

I have taken 3 Phentermines on 3 different days since banding. If I need it, I'll take it again. Maybe it just helps me get past the mental stuff, too. But, whatever works. I'm not particulalry supportive of long-term banded diet pills and supplements.

I am not taking anything now, but would consider it for the occasional tough days. There are some days that I wish that I could give my band some extra support. PMS gives me a day or two of wanting to munch all day long and never feeling satisfied. Occasionally I will have a weekend day that is like that....just from boredom I guess. Catch myself looking in the fridge then the pantry, the fridge then the pantry again because nothing REALLY sounds good.

What works? I want some!

Pill Popper here! Not realy. I answered "on occasion" but my attitude is "heck yeah, whatever helps" because I know I am fighting a really tough metabolism. If it gives me a boost in the downward direction, I'll do it.

I have taken 3 Phentermines on 3 different days since banding. If I need it, I'll take it again. Maybe it just helps me get past the mental stuff, too. But, whatever works. I'm not particulalry supportive of long-term banded diet pills and supplements.

What r phentermines?

I cant answer.. i dont really know what your talking about

I am not taking anything.. not even my flintstone Vitamins..

I am an idiot, I know

IF I were to be good

I would take the Flinstones, and these other pills I cant think of that are surpost to curb sugar craving.. (chromisomething)

Also, If I took some appetite suspressant i might be able to wait till 9pm to eat every day like my band wishes I would.

I think everyone can do what they want and what they think is best.. (with good info, self awareness and doctors care..etc)

What r phentermines?

Phentermine is a prescription appetite suppressant/diet pill/SPEED! I guess. It's the Phen of Phen/Fen I think. I got it from my doc and still have them hanging around. They kill the appetite and speed up your metabolism for the day. I notice when I take them I urinate frequently during the day, so I guess it speeds everything up. They do cause the jitters, though. I don't particulaly like them, and can't take them every day because of the jitters, but they do give a boost in the right direction.

Hope that helps.

What r phentermines?

Bad news, phentermines are pure speed. They hype you up, make the heart pump too fast, and are dangerous. Please don't even consider them.

I wish the Fen of the Phen/Fen would come back because when I was on them two together I was great. It really helped with the emotional eating.

The phentermine doesn't seem to work at all for me. Makes me jittery but I can still eat...

I take a supplement I got at GNC, called Thermoburst---they sell it only from behind the counter-:nervous it does help with my energy level, especially for exercise. I haven't found that it caused jitters at all, that's why I LOVE it1 The only problem I have with taking it ( I take all of my medications whole with warm coffee in the A.M. ) is that post-fill for a few days I get a slight burning sensation in the chest from it---Mylanta REALLY helps, but once my stomach calms down from being filled, i'm okay.

Banded October 18, 2005

By DR. STEPHEN MALLEY, OVERLAND PARK, KS.

213/186/120

I voted that I take supliments, becuase I take multi-vitamines, and feel that they are important for my health.

That, and they are highly recommended by my clinic. Just because I don't lose weight doesn't mean that they aren't helping in otherways.

Phentermine has been around for 40+ years. I believe it used to be prescribed as a "Water pill" but is now prescribed in weight loss aid.

<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Phentermine is a sympathomimetic amine, which is similar to an amphetamine. It is also known as an "anorectic" or "anorexigenic" drug. Phentermine stimulates the central nervous system (nerves and brain), which increases your heart rate and blood pressure and decreases your appetite.

Be very careful if you use it or any other drug that stimulates the CNS (watch for natural herbs too).... make sure its short term.

I work for the company that makes Fen-Phen (Fenfluramine and Dexfenfluramine). I don't think they will be bringing that drug back to the market any time soon (it off the market), even after winning alot of the law suits.

JMHO

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>