Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No Food Is Bothering Me...?!?!

I am currently 11 days post op and I am in the liquid/schmooshie diet phase. I have not had ANY problems with keeping down food since the surgery. I also do not get that full sensation really. I watch what I eat and I dont eat more then 4 oz at a time, but I thought I would have that full sensation more then I do. My first fill is in exactly 2 weeks and I am hoping things will change then. Did anyone else not have any problems with any foods at any time right after surgery....?

I am only 7 days post op, and have been fine. I am supposed to be on liquid/pureed foods, but am out of town at a work event with catered food, so I have had to make due with what is served. I have been eating soft foods and have noticed a definite fullness after only a small amount. I don't know of this is residual swelling, but it's nice to know I only have to eat a small, small amount to be satisfied.

I was banded on 12/13/11 and up until last month I never had a problem. I have not had a fill and have lost 50+ pounds. Now all of a sudden everything solid I eat gets stuck. I have an appt with the surgeon on Wednesday to see if I actually now need to have some of the Fluid that was inserted during surgery removed. When you get a fill it can take weeks sometimes for the restrictions to kick in. I hope you are a lucky one who doesn't have these issues. Just be careful and follow what you are told by the Dr's it is easy to think that if nothing gets stuck or bothers you it's ok to eat. The band is awesome and will work for you if you let it. Good luck on your new journey

Many people don't feel noticeable restriction until after a couple fills. Because of that, those first couple months post surgery tend to require a lot of white-knuckling-willpower until you have some restriction.

I was banded on Jan. 6 and have lost 58 pounds. I have had two fills and believe I am in the Green Zone. But, thankfully I have never once thrown up since having surgery. I've had a couple minor stuck episodes but nothing that didn't pass relatively quickly on it's own. There are no food I can't eat- I can eat anything so long as I chew slowly and thoroughly.

Just because you're banded doesn't mean there will be foods you can't eat or will throw up. Many (like me) don't have that problem at all.

I have no problem with foods. I chew chew chew and everything has been going down smoothly. I stop eating before I get to that full feeling. once satified I'm good, A hiccup normally signals me that I'm full. I do tend to get hungry every 3 hrs but eat small, small amounts and im good about 800 cal/day its wht my body allows me too eat. have not had fill yet scheduled for friday if I get one.

I am on purred foods still, and had no problems. In recovery I dad 3 shots of Water and a Popsicle - the nurses said if I did that right away I should be fine! I afraid I will need to diet until my fills kick in!

Totally normal. This is a will power diet until you get a couple fills. Took me 6 months to get restriction. I think some doctors don't give a realistic view of how the band will work.

first few months is about looking after you band, letting the swelling go down and letting scar tissue grow over.....You will feel hunger if there is no fill in the band...liquids go straight through!!! and some surgeons like mine don't put fill in during surgery. Everything you are doing right now will change so much once you are on solid food and you def will feel a restriction!!!!