Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Upcoming Endoscopy

I've been having problems with throwing up for a long time now and I mention it to my PA all the time but they never seem too concerned about it. They've taken Fluid out of my band and added it back in trying to find the right spot for me to feel better but I keep getting sick with most meals. I finally told them I wanted answers and they said they would schedule an endoscopy to see what could be wrong. They said the three most likely things could be that I have H Pylori in my stomach, I've developed ulcers, or worse possibility is my band could have eroded. They scheduled my endoscopy for a week out and said we needed to empty my band until then. They told me I had 5.5 cc in my 11 cc band but when they went to take the fluid oh they actually pulled out 7.5 cc. I asked them how I had 2 extra cc in my band that wasn't documented and they didn't have answers for me. I'm not feeling very confident in my doctors right now and I need answers.

Sounds like sloppy recordkeeping by your surgeon's office.

I'm glad you insisted on persuing the cause of your eating problems. It's possible that emptying your band and giving your esophagus and stomach a week's rest could help relieve whatever has been causing the vomiting.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Jean

Lauren, I went through the same thing. I was so confused about my fills to the point that I even thought I had a leak. There were many discrepancies with my fill amounts that could not be explained. I came to the conclusion that the person doing my fills at the time was not pulling all the Fluid out of my band either because she was in a rush or she didn't know what she was doing which lead to the amounts being wrong. My surgeon's PA does all the fills now. She takes her time and is very accurate.

My PA told me to go back to liquids for about 3 days after she emptied my band then work my way back up to regular food. So I did my Protein Shakes and everything for 4 days just to be on the safe side then I moved on to soft foods like scrambled eggs and I'm on my second day of that. My endoscopy isn't until Wednesday so I don't know if I should stay on soft foods until then since I don't know what's wrong. I don't want to cause any more problems with my stomach. Of if it's fine to move one to solid food? Anyone have any thoughts?

I had an upper endoscopy surgery done last year. The procedure was not hard to get over, the only problem I had was the anesthia that they give you. It took me about 24 hours to recover from that. HOWEVER, I do not respond to anesthia that well, so it always takes me longer than the average person. For you, I would say that you may not be feeling great at your husband's party, but you can probably make it through. It all just depends, in my experience, on how you react to the medication.

Sam might you have responded to the wrong post? No one mentioned surgery or a husbands party...