Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So Upset With Myself

I was banded 2/17/12 and have been waiting patiently for my first fill that is scheduled for 3/29/12. I had lost 11 lbs pre-op and had maintained that loss until the last week. All of a sudden I am eating any and everything weather I'm hungry or not...just like the old days. I have gained 5 lbs back and I am so mad at myself.

Also, I'm getting nervous reading the blogs about how long it takes to feel restriction. I know this is a process, but (mentally) I need to see some progress!

Any words of wisdom from the group?

Welcome to "Bandster Hell". You will have to "diet" during this stage. If your doc is one who does many tiny fills, this may last a long time. If s/he does a couple of larger fills, you will find the green zone quick and the weight just may melt off pretty quick. Hang in there. You are still well on your way to skinnyville!

I was "banded" 6 months ago. It is a really long, slow process and it absolutely gets frustrating. I don't think I am in the green zone yet but I am very close. I lost 15 lbs per surgery and gained 10 back within 2 months. Since then I have only lost 3-4 lbs. I do work out a few times a week and watch what I eat but I still eat too much. I do get very frustrated but I am starting to see light at the end of this very long and dark tunnel. I hope my story helps you a little. Hang in there! Good luck!

I to am waiting for my first fill...my advice is when you do see your doctor and he wants to know what your eatting has been like be totally honest about it and Id think he will fill according to that....good luck !

Sorry, presurgery... I've only had one, lol.

Don't bet yourself up. My surgeon said it's quite normal to gain a few lbs before your first few fills. I too did eat during this time. I was lucky though to still lose even if it was only a few lbs. Don't get discouraged. It's only temporary. Good luck to you and keep your head up.

The best thing about the lapband is that you can "start over" . as many times as you need you and keep it up. I'm an ice cream lover too and bought light ice cream but never got a scoop as my family ate it! and it's not been replaced. Go to a GNC type store there are many foods that would curb that sweet tooth while still providing Protein. Please remember even though you have lapband you can still get illnesses such as diabetes if you continue to eat those kinds of items. I have a friend who's going through that and it's sad because she has had it for 3 years and all she lost was 20lbs and did the lapband didn't work for me speech. Start all over, liquids, Soups , the same when you first had surgery. We will always be fighting food craving of certain foods, but we have to be stronger.

Good Luck!

Welcome to "Bandster Hell". You will have to "diet" during this stage. If your doc is one who does many tiny fills' date=' this may last a long time. If s/he does a couple of larger fills, you will find the green zone quick and the weight just may melt off pretty quick. Hang in there. You are still well on your way to skinnyville![/quote']

I want to thank you for ur post... I was banded feb 24th I had 3cc left in there after surgery, so I never went through what most consider Band hell....I went for my first fill march 22nd and he put a total of 6cc in there. I was so scared because although I love and trust my doc it seemed like 6cc is to much! After reading ur post it seems like my doc has a rhym and reason.

I was banded on 2-15 and am also waiting for my first fill (come on Friday)! Don't be mad at yourself this is the early stages of our journey and it will get better...I too have a sweet tooth and have found a nice little Protein Shake that tastes like strawberry quick when I'm feeling weak...I have also been taking in more fluids to tame that head hunger and stepping up the exercise...the weight loss will happen:)

Yes bandster hell is very real. For me this was will power diet for 6 months! My best recommendation to you would be to buy a digital food scale. Measure out your Protein (my doctor says 3 0z). Eat low fat/calories veggies until full. Also everytime you go to eat something ask yourself "Would I eat this in front of my doctor"? If not don't eat it.

Am I an all or nothing dieter? Not anymore. I try to live by the 95/5% rule. Live super healthy 95% of the time and the other 5% you can have some fun. The first couple months after surgery however I think you need to be very dedicated and eat healthy all the time.

Also, are you exercising? If not find something you can force yourself to do for 30 days. After 30 days you will see weight loss and feel motivated to keep going. I highly recommend lap swimming (preferrably with Water proof MP3 player) or Water aerobics. Great for those of us with joint problems.