Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is Anyone Else Hungry??? Is This Normal 3/19/12 Was My Surgery Date

I know this is the 5th day but I am so hungry, these food commercials, and my family is cooking. My surgeon has me on Clear Liquids for another week....ughhhh I'm so frustrated !!! Is this normal ??? I need some motivation right now. Is anyone else feeling like this? I also have hiccups and it hurts when I hiccup.

I know this is the 5th day but I am so hungry' date=' these food commercials, and my family is cooking. My surgeon has me on Clear Liquids for another week....ughhhh I'm so frustrated !!! Is this normal ??? I need some motivation right now. Is anyone else feeling like this? I also have hiccups and it hurts when I hiccup.[/quote']

Totally normal. Keep the faith!

Totally normal. Keep the faith!

Surgery on 3/20 and I woke up starving!!! I want to eat. I had liquids for three weeks- no idea how going to do it!

Surgery 14th march and 4 weeks if liquid before mushies x hang there have some Soup x

I know this is the 5th day but I am so hungry, these food commercials, and my family is cooking. My surgeon has me on clear liquids for another week....ughhhh I'm so frustrated !!! Is this normal ??? I need some motivation right now. Is anyone else feeling like this? I also have hiccups and it hurts when I hiccup.

I' m still not hungry but im happy about it, cause my liquid diet lasts 2 weeks too so its still a long way till the 2nd .....but i do get the hiicups and they do hurt me too.....i cant get much in, a lil broth and a few spoons of jogurt or sf pudding i try to at least finish one shake throughout the day but im far from hungry. Maybe it will help if u sip on some warm broth or tea when your tummy starts making noises...we got only 9 more days of liquids and then we be moving on :wub: just keep your head up, it will get better :)

It sounds you are on track! I was told I could start smoothies on day 3 after my surgery. I didn't feel much like eating anyway as I was recovering from the anesthesia and pain mess. After that I was ready to go back to work by day 4. I quickly beame hungry after eating up to my first fill. Doc said with the fills, " it's like starting over again and adjusting to the new restriction. I am very happy I went through with the banding.

Everyone is different. I didn't feel hungry for about a week after surgery. Hang in there!

I was banded on the 19th as well.Im glad to hear others are hungry too!! My somach is grawling something awful! I though I just must not have much swelling since everything goes down easily with no problems. It going to be a long two weeks of liquids!! This is harder than the pre-op.

I was banded on the 19th, the doc has got me in full liquids for two weeks. Thankfully my cream Soups and carnation instant Breakfast are filling me up. I would check to see if you could have more than just the clear. Goodluck to you!

I was banded Oct 2009 ( 2 1/2 yrs ago) and I was starved the day after surgery. I read my post op instruction wrong - thought it said Clear liquids + Protein shakes for 4 weeks. I thought I was cheating a week into it when I added Tomato Soup. Come to find out, cream Soups, yogurt and pudding were fine! I literally thought I'd starve that first 4 weeks. Everytime I went to Albertsons for my Soup, I smelled their deli fried chicken. I would've killed someone for it then.

I've now lost over 100 lbs and I'm soooo glad that I was so hungry that first 4 weeks! It will get a little better each day (not much, but some!) and if you add pudding and yogurt to your diet, it'll make it even better, I'm sure! Good luck!

Marci

You are not alone. :rolleyes:

I was banded on 3/15. I have one more week of liquids to go too. My stomach is all kinds of gurgling and rumbling. At first I thought I was hungry, but then I realized it was more of a mind thing for me. I am having more time fighting my mind than my stomach. LOL! I drink 4 oz of V8 peach mango in the morning and then sip on the rest till lunch. Around lunch time, I have a small Boost Protein Shake (usually can't drink it all, but I get my chocolate fix). I will sip on Water till after work. I have about a half a cup or more of SF Jello for a snack. At dinner, I have been having some type of Soup. Our local Chinese resturant will fix strained hot and sour soup or else wonton soup without the wontons. My big thing is wanting different tastes. One night my family was having shrimp dinners from Capt D's after their late night sports events. So, I order gumbo which I knew I couldn't have. So I dipped my spoon in the gumbo and would lick the back of the spoon for the liquid!! Desperate times call for desperate measures!!! For me so far, as long as I continue to take in small amounts of liquid throughout the day, it helps tremendously.

Keep the faith! Mushies soon!!!! :lol: :lol:

Same here..I am 16 days post op and cheated today ..felt bad but the food was not terribly bad..I get a fill in less than two weeks and do not want to compermise my healing ...nor gain the twenty pounds I lost back..I heard beforehand the fills that hunger strikes with a vengeance! Everyone hang in there!

;)