Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im Looking For More Feedback?

Hi I'm looking for feedback on lap band, Im awaiting to schedule my Sergey hoping to get in done in the beginning of April. I'm so ready just waiting for my insurances approval..

100% happy with my lapband !

Awwww that's great to hear.. How long have u had it & how much weight have u lost so far...

:) sorry the info is on my signature so i didnt put it in post .. Banded Jan 2011 and lost 226lbs so far 14 lbs to go was 400lbs when i started :)

Seriously never regretted a single day .. surgery was a minor op .. was easy even at 57 yrs old and 400lbs..

Omg! Wow that's really good I'm happy to hear it makes a big difference in peoples life... Wow! that's incredible u lost alot of weight! I am awaiting my Sergey hoping I get the approval really soon.!! :) I have a friend that did the Sergey last week and she's doing really good even hours after her Sergey she look pain free..!

well i hope you get your approval and that you have an easy surgery too:) this forum is full of information so just ask a question or use the search .. lots of supportive people here :)

Hi..i am also waiting for approval with a tentative surgery date for april 18th.....good luck!

Cazzy, that's amazing WL!!!! Congratulations!

For me, I'm a slower loser. Was banded December 2010, have lost 60lbs but I wouldn't trade my band in ever. Don't regret it at all. I know the scales would have been moving upwards if not for the band. It's been slow going, but it beats the alternative!! Good luck!!

Heck! 60 pounds thats really good!! Congrats :) if I can lose that much i would be happy too.! My weight is 208 & if i lost that much i would be at 148 heck come on insurance company...lol! I so ready for it!!

so i'm going to be 100% honest with you..... I LOVE MY BAND.... she is my best friend and i miss her so much. She has been empty for the past 5 weeks. can't wait to start filling her up again.

But i do worry now about long term problems. What if i have a slip or erosion? I don't have the same insurance, and my new one does not cover WLS.... This is the only worry i have. I know it works... I've lost 84lbs in the past two years.

I hate is the going in for fills, not because it hurts but because of the cost..... so if your looking at long term with out worries as far as slips, erosion or fill........the sleeve would be been better.

Love my "Band-Aid" I got mine on 12/16/11. I have lost 53 lbs and would do it all over again. Good Luck, hopefully insurance will come through for you soon.

I'm alittle confused what is the fills for? That's something I haven't heard about although I haven't gone for my Sergey but Ive gone through everything else just waiting for approval on the insurance but never have I heard about the fills.? How much are the fills & how often do we need them.. that's really something to think about if we don't have the same ins or don't have Ins anymore after you've done the Sergey.. hmmm!

I'm really happy with my band. I've lost 100lbs in 7 1/2 months and still going. One thing you have to keep in mind it's just a tool, you have to do your part too. Good luck

frans, sometimes your insurance covers fills. I have blue cross and they cover them.

ok, so i'm a little worried that you didn't do enough research if your asking about fills....... Fills are the most important aspect of getting the Lapband. It's the inter-part of your band that is filled or unfilled with saline to cause restriction. I have a 14cc band which mean my inter-part of my band can hold 14cc of saline. there are different size and your surgeon will determine what size you will need when surgery is being preformed. You will then return your your doctor were he will inject the saline thru your port into your band. You will probably require multiple visits to get your restriction correct. I have attached a couple sites for you to check out.

http://www.southernweightlossinstitute.com/LAP_Band.php This is where i got my surgery. It's a great video... short but to the point.