Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I love reading posts like yours! Way to go! I too am dropping sizes, but I have a closet full of clothes...all sizes. So, I am just getting rid of a lot of things...I don't have to buy anything but the other day I was browsing through the store and realized I don't need those BIG clothes anymore :)

Congratulations! What an awesome feeling! I am still in plus sizes but not for long!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Congrats!

Awesome! I just left the plus section myself over the past 2 weeks, and it feels awesome! Great job!

Wow! I know you are super excited and I can't wait to be there with you!

Awesome NSV! Congrats!

Congrats Cyndie, I'm right behind you. Had my NSV last Friday night. Had to break down and get a pair of jeans as my size 18 from Lane Bryant were just too big. Went to a consignment shop 1st but no luck. Found a great pair of Seven jeans at Lane Bryant in size 16! I typically have to buy the Right Fit so I don't have to pay a tailor but I broke the bank and went for the Seven jeans as they fit just right. When I get down to a size 14W, I'll put the money out for a tailor to take them in and get more wear out of them. I wore them yesterday and I felt like a million bucks!

Cyndie, have you had any stuck episodes???

Hi GLove - no, I have not had any stuck episodes. I'm scared to death to have one so I am very careful to chew thoroughly. I do tend to eat a little fast and I have had what I call "stiff neck" and it is painful. From what I heard, it does not compare to having food stuck. I have not had any pb'ing episodes, either. Have you had any stuck episodes?

Congrats Cyndie, I'm right behind you. Had my NSV last Friday night. Had to break down and get a pair of jeans as my size 18 from Lane Bryant were just too big. Went to a consignment shop 1st but no luck. Found a great pair of Seven jeans at Lane Bryant in size 16! I typically have to buy the Right Fit so I don't have to pay a tailor but I broke the bank and went for the Seven jeans as they fit just right. When I get down to a size 14W, I'll put the money out for a tailor to take them in and get more wear out of them. I wore them yesterday and I felt like a million bucks!

I have so many pairs of jeans and I never thought of going to the tailor. I think it is about 10 bucks to have them altered and as you know, Lane Bryant is not cheap so it's probably worth it to get those jeans altered. Great job on your loss so far! I will say that Macy's has some cute jeans and they are usually on sale. They go up to an 18 in their "regular size" section.

Thanks for the info, Cyndie, re: Macy's. L.B. has been my "go to" store for jeans for the past 5 years and forget there are other stores to shop. :-) Something that I am looking forward to re-programming my mind to in the future. A wise woman taught me year's ago that no body is perfect and most women can not just buy clothes off a rack, especially slacks, jeans, pants... and have them perfectly fit our bodies thin or heavy. Because I was blessed with a bodacious booty and thighs, and a small waist, I typically have to have my slacks tailored so I have no gaps in the back or don't have to wear a belt if I don't care to. The reason why I liked the Right Fit {blue} at Lane Bryant. I agree, L.B. is definitely not cheap! I can't wait to go shopping at Marshall's, TJ Maxx, Target etc. where the clothes are cheaper the more I lose.

Hey, I am here in Boise Idaho and one of the support groups here does a monthly clothing exchange just for banders. They have it at the hospital and I am sure any hospital would be encouraged to have post surgery people meeting in their facility! Might be something to start in your own area. Great way to get rid if your clothes that might be a smaller size for someone else too! Trade recipes tips etc...!

Congrats!!!! hope each day brings you more surprises! keep up the hard work you are doing AWESOME!!!

Hi Everyone! I went shopping today and was able to fit into XL tops and size 14 pants...although I had to bump up a size for jeans to a 16...but the best thing is I did not have to go to the plus size section. It was so awesome and I couldn't believe it was my butt in the pants I tried on...lol...I am 7 weeks post op and I have had one fill. I am still feeling restriction but not as much as before. I have been exercising on the treadmill 4 to 5 times a week. I am looking forward to my next fill and maybe instead of buying new clothes I will be heading to the consignment store.

That is SO awesome! Congrats!

I was a size 18/20 and a loyal Lane Bryant shopper and the 18/20s were getting tight...that is when I made my decision to get the band. I know this doesn't seem like a lot of weight to lose to some of you but we are each on our own journey. I just wanted everyone to know that if I can do it anyone can, trust me.

im a size 18 as well... thats ausstralian sizes though, im not sure if we are the same ive got about 90 lbs to lose.