Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Funny story on size of womens Clothes:

Guest eva

I'm a guy, but I read somthing interesting about women's clothing styles. The expensive clothing manufacturers have a scam going concerning women's clothing sizes. According to the article a size 12 in an expensive women's dress is equivalent to a 14 or 16 in more reasonably priced dresses. In this way they get women to buy the more expensive clothing so the feel good about fitting into a smaller size. Is this true? Any of you gals have this experience?

Lenny D

Originally posted by lmtorb

She claims that whenever a clothing manufacturer sees UGLY fabric they say "Hey! Let's make FAT clothes with that!"

This is SO TRUE!! I can't wait to start wearing cute clothes again.

my gripe is not being able to find shirts with sleeves that dont look like 3/4 length. i don't own a shirt that the sleeves are long enough and thats even trying the mens too...:lol: jeans are the same way! the only thing i can come up with is that the manufactures think all fat people are 4ft tall!!!!

Go to Lane Bryant. They think all fat people are Amazons. :lol:

Hey, Mac, I thought I was the only one who noticed that!!!! PPL keep telling me to shop there and I keep saying I can't as I am only 5'!!!

Mimi

Go to Lane Bryant. They think all fat people are Amazons. :sneaky:

I agree...it was very annoying that their clothing designers thought that everyone who was big around, was also tall...sleeves that met the ground with cuffs that were sized to fit my neck not my wrists.

How about bras? They think everyone fat has huge boobs. I wore a 42 B at my highest weight. That was

just about impossible to find. Those bra extenders don't work very well either.

I am 4'11. Capris are pants on me. If and it is a mighty big IF I find pants in a petit they still are 3 inches or more to long. At layne Bryants I had stopped shopping at the store because the store didn't carry my size. When I asked why they had gotten where they only carried up to a 20 they replied.......are you ready..........There wasn't as much a need for larger sizes anymore! All I know is I look all over my city and see plenty of fat women other than myself! So I shop at Catherines or some times order from Layne Bryants catalog. But Layne Bryants clothes for my size has gotten really ugly and expensive the last few years. I forgot who posted about the arm holes! I raise my arm and you can see everything from my armpit to my waist and 1/2 my girls!:thumbup: So I can't raise my arms except from the elbow!:smile: But it is getting so much better. Soon I won't have these complaints anymore. I'll just have to find other complaints.:)

I remember when I was fat, I couldn't buy any clothes other those made out of synthetics and fat grrls sweat, eh. I prefer all natural fibres - cotton and linen. I started wearing men's shirts because I could buy them in natural fibres. And I hated the colours. It was impossible to find not Cute clothes. But I am an adult, I would wail. I wanna look chic and elegant.... Impossible, I think that manufacturers have a prejudice against fatties. They figure that when a woman is fat she loses all good taste and wants to dress in sweatshirts with appliques of baby kittens/puppies gambolling on them or glitter. Ugh! Well, I have lost a lot of weight and shopping is now fun; it is become a hobby of mine. I can wear belts now. Yippee!

I went into Lane Bryant's a couple of weeks ago to try to buy a nice pair of jeans. BIG JOKE! The sizes are 1,2,3 ect and comes in colors. One color for big hips, another for big waist. I had NO idea which color/size to try. The only one that I was able to zip was about 18 inches too long. And the employees did not even try to help me. So, no Lane Bryant for me. I guess that I will have to stick to the elastic waist/stretch denim jeans that are sold at Wal Mart in my normal 24W size :smile2: