Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

At this point, I am losing at least a pound a day. I realize that could stop at any moment. But it for is kinda nice to get on the scale and see some movement.

It has been less than a week since surgery and I am even still a little sore.

I can't belive it here i have to be at the hospital at 6:00 am I am the frist to go in at 8:00 I am starting to get a bit nevous but i know it will all be fine

Laura

All of that driving is on Mondays. Except for driving kids to school and back. I dont really have anyone close enough to our home that can drive the girls any where. I live 10miles out in the boonies. I have been talking to my husband about having his adult daughter come stay with me for a few days (if she can leave all her drama somewhere else). I almost feel like I will be able to do the driving much more than I can handle stepdaughters drama.

You are probably right there! How are you doing?

I can't belive it here i have to be at the hospital at 6:00 am I am the frist to go in at 8:00 I am starting to get a bit nevous but i know it will all be fine

Laura

I had the same doctor at the same hospital and had to be there at the same time last week... good luck :)

Can I just vent for a minute?

Today was my first day back to work after surgery last Weds... It was a long day, I'm tired, and my husband has work plans tonight so I'm on daughter duty. Just my luck that my 4yo seems to have done something to her back and is whining and crying and needs me to fuss over her. Finally got her to take some children's Advil and she seems to be out of huge pain. But WTF could happen to a 4yo's back??? There's no bruise, no injury at daycare, so WTF? I'm so tired, all I want to do is lie down and she won't stop needing me for stuff. No fair!!!

Welcome to the other side' date=' how do you feel?[/quote']

I'm just getting out of my fog.......lol I tried going out today for a bit and it wore me out. I go back to work tomorrow but it's mostly sit down so I can take it easy. Haven't been hungry so forcing myself to eat which is typical for me overheating wasn't my problem. I have set an alarm on my phone for eating reminders. The pain is bearable besides these four small tapes I can honestly say I don't feel the difference yet. Really glad the sore throat went away though that's a horrible feeling!

I was banded Weds and I'm day 3 post-op... Here's how it's gone so far:

Weds' date=' B-Day -- Outpatient, walked in the hospital. Walked 4 blocks and then got in bed for the rest of the day. Took liquid Vicadin every 4 hours... Night was very hard. Couldn't sleep, couldn't get comfortable. Finally managed to roll over on my side, even though it hurt a bit more, and fell asleep...

Thurs, 1st day -- Had lots of visitors, felt pretty good. In some pain, but walked 5 blocks in the morning and 10 in the afternoon. Managed to go #2 (hallelujah!) Took pain meds every 4 hours all day. Was able to sleep finally only on my side.

Fri, 2nd day -- Finally had less pain!! Woke up at 8:30am and then went back for a nap at noon. Slept most of the day. Was up for a few hours in the evening, then went to bed at 8:30pm and had a GREAT sleep!!!

Sat, 3rd day, today -- Woke up with energy and no pain. A bit stiff, but ready to get out of the house! At 10am took a taxi to midtown to get my watch fixed, and then had a Soup at a coffee shop... It felt good to be out, but was a lot. Got home around noon and have been resting on the couch reading all day... HUGELY constipated and incredibly uncomfortable!! Made some "smooth moves" tea, was finally able to go #2, and I feel amazing. Am considering going out to take another walk. But it's weird, I don't have anything to do outside. I would usually go get lunch or dinner or go buy food.

What the heck do I do with myself if I don't need anything having to do with food? ??[/quote']

Go to a movie museum or book store and relax you only focused on food before because u trained yourself too.... Now is your chance to discover life on your terms.. Your choice!!!!

Well less than 12 hrs...scared' date='excited and nervous :-P[/quote']

I'm nervous for you. You will do great!!! Let us know how ur feeling.

That's exactly what my husband and I were talking about last night. We were so bored because we had nothing to do. Usually we goi out to dinner or do something that involves food. Now that I got surgery he's trying to do better too but we're so bored!

Start golfing! :)

Good luck tomorrow Laura at and anyone else being banded

I am getting more excited as my surgery date gets closer! I will have it on April 30th. I am on my liquid diet now. I have only lost 5 pounds so far. I see a lot of people losing so much more. I hope I am doing OK. I haven't cheated and I am drinking my 2 Protein Drinks and having my Soup. I am also eating sugar free Jello and If I get to hungry I have a yogurt. I think I need to drink more Water. I don't like plain water so I always add stuff to it lol.

Good luck everyone that's having surgery!!

I am getting more excited as my surgery date gets closer! I will have it on April 30th. I am on my liquid diet now. I have only lost 5 pounds so far. I see a lot of people losing so much more. I hope I am doing OK. I haven't cheated and I am drinking my 2 Protein drinks and having my Soup. I am also eating sugar free Jello and If I get to hungry I have a yogurt. I think I need to drink more Water. I don't like plain water so I always add stuff to it lol.

Good luck everyone that's having surgery!!

I've only lost a kilo and a half so not that much either :'(

I get done 26th

I started my pre-op diet on the 19th and up till yesterday I was down 6lbs. But now today I am up 3lbs......go figure. I feel somewhat bloated from all this liquid. Seems like the broths all have alot of sodium, they taste very salty to me. Surgery on Thursday!!!!!!!!!!