Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I finally got my surgery date today!!! April 26th ~ I saw a few others with that day too.

Most surprising thing about that day???? It's my wedding anniversary!!!! Guess I'll have my wedding anniversary and bandiversary on the same day - it'll be easy to remember. :D

I was banded yesterday. My port site where the muscle is sore. Other than that I am OK. Good luck all!!!

I am so sick of liquids...LOL! I can't go 5 minutes without having to go to the bathroom! Good Luck Letsdothis with your approval.

How r doing?

Started my liquid diet today and I am not banded until the 27th. Two whole weeks! Today I was so hungry....even my fingers looked good..lol. I know that first few days are the worst. I am holding onto that and hope that this is the case. Either that ot it will be an extremely LONG two weeks. But I am very excited and am so happy that I can come here and hopfully get support. I have support from my husband, kids, parents and sisters but I am not telling anyone else right now....not even husband's family. Too much pressure.

I love to read how everyone is doing up to and right after surgery....good luck everyone. :)

Jen4life my surg. Date is the same day! My dr. Put me on a low cal no carb diet tho. I'm wondering if I should try liquids for a few days. I figure it might get me ready for what's to come. I kinda accidentally cheated a lil today tho. There was a bowl of chips out while some of my gal pals were here, I sure did eat some before I even realized what I was doing. But I caught myself, now I know that I'm going to have to be more mindful! Good luck! Aren't you excited?

I am really excited! I cannot believe that it is finally here! I almost cheated today a few times...there was Easter candy around. I beat it today but I can only pray that I am that strong tomorrow. lol.

So glad that there is someone else with the same surgery date as myself. After reading all of the blogs, I was thinking I was the only one out there with that late a date. Yay! We can keep motivating each other...especially through this pre-surgery phase with tremendous hunger and no band tool.

Take care

test

My gosh - how much coffee can you have in one day? LMFAO!! BUZZZ I think the next few days I'm supposed to switch to Decaf anyway. Sugery in 4 days (4/18/12).

Still haven't told two of my three kids. Thinking I should, but.... I don't want to hear the "isn't that dangerous", crap from them.

My mother had stomach stapling surgery in 1980 - she still vomits after every single meal so when my kids think of WLS that's what they think of.

The one of my kids that I did tell commented "oh, so like Chella (they call my mother by her first name), eat half a biscut and then run throw up?". And at that point I was only considering, I hadn't made a decision, and certainly hadn't set a date. I tried the whole "times are different", "technology has advanced", "more is known now about how to control your diet" but none of it made a difference so I just dropped the subject.

enough random ramblings for now.... more to follow, I'm sure.

How r doing?

I am in a bit of muscle pain, more than the last two days, but otherwise I think I'm doing OK. I really think I did too much yesterday, and now I'm paying for it. I will be resting today, catching up on my homework! (I just started law school, on top of everything else.) I know this is just temporary so I'm going to ride it out!

Started my liquid diet today and I am not banded until the 27th. Two whole weeks! Today I was so hungry....even my fingers looked good..lol. I know that first few days are the worst. I am holding onto that and hope that this is the case. Either that ot it will be an extremely LONG two weeks. But I am very excited and am so happy that I can come here and hopfully get support. I have support from my husband, kids, parents and sisters but I am not telling anyone else right now....not even husband's family. Too much pressure.

I love to read how everyone is doing up to and right after surgery....good luck everyone. :)

Sincerely hope you do better on your pre-op diet than I have. Went to the horse races last night, did great - didn't have anything, not even so much as a soft drink, then went to some friends house, who had a new drink machine, and before I knew it I had an adult beverage in my hand! Now, of course it was liquid, but not on my "diet".

My gosh - how much coffee can you have in one day? LMFAO!! BUZZZ I think the next few days I'm supposed to switch to Decaf anyway. Sugery in 4 days (4/18/12).

Still haven't told two of my three kids. Thinking I should, but.... I don't want to hear the "isn't that dangerous", crap from them.

My mother had stomach stapling surgery in 1980 - she still vomits after every single meal so when my kids think of WLS that's what they think of.

The one of my kids that I did tell commented "oh, so like Chella (they call my mother by her first name), eat half a biscut and then run throw up?". And at that point I was only considering, I hadn't made a decision, and certainly hadn't set a date. I tried the whole "times are different", "technology has advanced", "more is known now about how to control your diet" but none of it made a difference so I just dropped the subject.

enough random ramblings for now.... more to follow, I'm sure.

I haven't told a lot of people, primarily for the same reason. Those close to me, who I know are supportive know, everybody else can have a cup of shut the hell up! This is something I'm doing for me, so I just decided to keep things close to the chest, as they say. Good Luck with your surgery!!!

I am in a bit of muscle pain, more than the last two days, but otherwise I think I'm doing OK. I really think I did too much yesterday, and now I'm paying for it. I will be resting today, catching up on my homework! (I just started law school, on top of everything else.) I know this is just temporary so I'm going to ride it out!

Love your attitude. Pile up in the middle of the bed with your books and try to relax and snooze when you need to.

I haven't told a lot of people, primarily for the same reason. Those close to me, who I know are supportive know, everybody else can have a cup of shut the hell up! This is something I'm doing for me, so I just decided to keep things close to the chest, as they say. Good Luck with your surgery!!!

OH TOKIESGIRL6 - I think we're twins, separated at birth. I love your attitude.

I guess the most notable part of all that is that it runs in my family. My maternal grandmother died at an early age of heart diease but had several other ailments related to her obesity. Her mother died of an infection she got from cutting her toenails, because she was diabetic... My mother had the WLS that was cutting edge at the time, it's my turn. Luckily - at least so far my daughter seems to have gotten her size from her father's side. Either that or she looks at me and panics... which ever, she is a healthy weight and watches it closely.

My surgery is this Monday (April 16th). I'm extremely excited and can't wait to finally be banded!

My surgery is this Monday (April 16th). I'm extremely excited and can't wait to finally be banded!

WOOHOO!

Check in to let us know how you're doing.