Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Houston Support Group!

Any Houston banders know of any support groups!? Or would like to start one?! I was banded dec 9 th and struggling a little bit : /

Thanks in advance!!!!

Who did your surgery? Check that office to see if they have a group.

I used True Results Houston and they have a group that meets the last Tuesday of each month. I also met up with some ladies that are all south of Houston. We meet once a month in Alvin. That group has people that have had all kinds of weight loss surgery, not just the band.

I've also heard that there is a group from obesity help that meets near Baybrook Mall on Saturday mornings, but I don't have info on that one.

Good luck!! Join me if you're in the clear lake area.

Kristi

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Not sure where you are but there is one at woodlands hospital. On pinecrest?

I have been wondering the same thing. I am getting my band next week..April 26...through True Results. I understand they have support group, but I live in Katy, work in Fort Bend ISD, and have a 3 year old that I need to pick up before 6:00--so that group just doesn't work for me.

I was hoping to find Houston area support either in person or here on this site. Please let me know if you know of any support groups in and around the West Houston area.

Houston area (Cypress-Tomball) Looking for ppl to chat with. I can't meet very often im a single mom to a busy 2 year old. Just looking to meet new ppl in my area and chat whether it being throw email,text or whatever. Message me

Ladies, feel free to email me anytime.

kittyforet@yahoo.com

I'd be willing to find a somewhat central location and meet up sometime. Maybe a Starbucks or something near the Galleria? Anyone have any other ideas? I mainly stay south of Downtown but would be willing to travel a little if everyone wanted to meet up.

Kristi

WLS Support Meeting THIS SATURDAY JULY 21 at Casa Ole in Alvin on Hwy 6 and 1:00 pm. All types of surgeries all different ages. My Cell is 409-256-9236

cheri

Ok I just came in from the above Support Group Meeting. I walked in and sat down by someone and after a few minutes of talking to some of the others I turned to a woman and said I do not think I have met you have I? Well it was someone banded who has been to the meeting before and who is active on these boards and I have talked to here before and invited to the meeting before. She had not been to a meeting in a couple of months . . .

She looked like a totally different person. Her weight loss had really changed her looks. I felt so bad at first that I did not recognize her. But is was due to her hard work at losing weight. I won't embarrass her by saying her name, but she knows who she is. You look great!!

So you who think people can't tell the difference when your losing weight, maybe they don't say anything because you are working so hard losng weight that people just don't know it is you!

cheri

Ok I just came in from the above Support Group Meeting. I walked in and sat down by someone and after a few minutes of talking to some of the others I turned to a woman and said I do not think I have met you have I? Well it was someone banded who has been to the meeting before and who is active on these boards and I have talked to here before and invited to the meeting before. She had not been to a meeting in a couple of months . . .

She looked like a totally different person. Her weight loss had really changed her looks. I felt so bad at first that I did not recognize her. But is was due to her hard work at losing weight. I won't embarrass her by saying her name' date=' but she knows who she is. You look great!!

So you who think people can't tell the difference when your losing weight, maybe they don't say anything because you are working so hard losng weight that people just don't know it is you!

cheri[/quote']

Cheri,

Warmed my heart :) !!!!!!!!

You're right, you go along thinking you're not making it work but you dont see yourself the way others do.

The other day I was at the skating rink for my sons birthday and I put on skates for the first time in at least 10 years, if not more!! I made it once around but have very weak ankles plus I did spin class the day before and legs were screaming. But I skated slowly for a few minutes, which is something I wouldn't have done if I hadn't lost weight!! My goal is this time next year to be able to skate gracefully for at least 30 minutes!!!! (this time was anything but graceful but I managed to stay upright the entire time!!)

As I was "skating" towards our table, my mom looked right past me (it was a little dark) and when I said something she looked at me and said I didn't realize it was you, your posture, body shape and outline was not what I recognized. So even if I'm struggling with my weight and image, I've changed in other peoples eyes.

I'm a little nervous but excited too, as I go to a conference today with my former boss, who doesn't know I've had WLS and who I haven't seen in 2 years (surgery a year ago). Anxious to see what she says... Even though I don't think I've lost anything since school let out in Early June, I saw the secretaries at work yesterday and they even commented...my body shape is changing even if the scale doesn't!!!

Have a great weekend!!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

I'm in the magnolia, woodlands area and would love to meet sometime. I got banded on June25 and just had my first fill on Wednesday.

When is the Alvin group meeting again? I'm in Angleton.

Next month 3rd Saturday of the month. Should be October 20, 1:00 at Casa Ole. You should come.

Cheri

Thanks. I'll try to make it.

I FINALLY got my date! October 5th! If all goes well, I'd like to come meet ya'll in Alvin the next meeting!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using LapBandTalk

I was banded at True Results in Houston byDr. Wilkenfeld.