Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Need More Protein. Please Help!

I use Pure Protein Shakes. They aree already mixed and come in little bottles. I buy the 4 pack for like 6.00 at Target. I like them better chilled. I do not like the vanilla so I only drink the chocolate. They make it in a powder too and the whole container is like 17.00.

There are times I just can't stomach the thickness of a shake (it's a texture thing) and at those times I drink an Isopure Protein Drink. They're kind of pricey, but they have the consistency of Water and a 20 ounce bottle has 40 grams of Protein.< /p>

I use whey isolate (vanilla) from Walmart - 1 1/2 lbs for $20. I tried to save $$ and got a 6 lb bag of vanilla whey Protein at costco - but I hate it. I am not a fan of the chocolate flavors. But, I did get s 6 pack of Torani sugar free flavors on Amazon for $34. THese are the flavors they put in lattes. So, with some of that and vanilla Protein Powder you can make some good concoctions. Also, I have been using a tablespoon or so of sugar free pudding mix and/or sugar free Jello mix into smoothies to add different tastes with the vanilla powder.

Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, and beans/hummus also have good protein amounts.

GOOD LUCK!

If you have access to a costco, Premier Brand Ready to Drink (chocolate and vanilla) are quite good 160 cal for 30 g of Protein.< /p>

Hi Sammatha - Just like you, my palette gets bored! My lapband was "installed" in July 2011 and I have tried MANY Protein powders. I am a Crystal Light drinker because Water even is boring for me so here's what I drink,

• unjury Protein - chocolate (even with Water it tastes like chocolate Milk - better with Almond Milk) - $29 with shipping will last a month
  • Unjury Protein - strawberry (I drink this EVERYDAY - I mix in Crystal Light - the best ones to mix in are the Pomegranite Cherry or any of the lemonades - when mixed in with the protein powder, the taste is just like fruit punch) - $29 with shipping will last a month
  • Profect Blue Raspberry Bullets - OK with a little bit of Crystal Light to bump up the taste - $14 for a six pack on Amazon's Subscribe & Save

Best of luck. I know I have to really make a conscious decision to get protein in and I do two - three Protein drinks a day (one for Breakfast, one for a snack and one sometimes with dinner)

May

Thank y'all sooo much for the help!!! I love this forum I'd be so lost without y'all. :-) I really like strax it's just I always feel a little rushed when I go so I never get all my questions out or answered. Idk why they didn't give me any other options for Protein I didn't even know there were any other options till I found this forum. I'm going to go to Walmart and target and look for all these different protein options and try several out. Thanks again everybody!!!

All these ideas are good. But wow, I buy Bariatric Advantage Meal Replacements in a bag and only pay $60 a bag. I order it straight from them. I generally add frozen blueberries and cinnamon and it comes out like a brilliant blue cinnamon streusel ice cream. I guess I will get tired of it but haven't yet. It is still pricey but I figure it really isn't bad, with the things I add it works out to about $2 a serving, which is a meal. I use the greek yogurts as they have so much Protein, but I love yogurt and the Greek is so much more 'yogurty'. You could add one to your shake mixes to change the flavor some. I started doing that because I tried to go vegetarian and my hair started falling out.

"brilliant blue cinnamon streusel ice cream"

Is there a drooling smiley?? That sounds awesome.

We just found the Premier Nutrition Protein Drinks at costco. By fat the best tasting to date. They have 30g Protein 160 cal 3 fat 1 sugar per 11oz shake. 18 shakes for $22. Pretty good deal for the ingredients. Remember, protein from foods lasts longer then liquid form. Happy hunting.

Go to AllStarHealth.com and open a account with them.

Savings are great, and shipping no matter how much or little you buy,,, its all $5.99.

check out a couple of things. Muscle Milk Lite in powder form, you only add Water.< /p>

Then Look up Lenny and Larrys products. Check out there triple chocolate brownie

with 40G of Protein. They are Delicious. Better then anything out here, and they have

3 products to choose from.

Hope this helps, this is all what I use myself.

Shirley.

I use GNC also like some other people have said. The protien powder unflavored has 25 grams of protien. I also use their Total lean premixed shakes. If you can stand Isopure, which is a clear liquid protien, that packs 40 grams of protien, but it is pretty gross. Tastes like dry wine, but I plan on stomaching at least a few of them after I have my surgery

I too was banded at Strax and they never made me buy it. I bought a chocolate one the first time but have switched to one I get at Sam's Club. It mirrors the Bariatric Advantage in everything but sugar content, but since I mix it with Water vs milk, it all balances out. Good luck!

I can't recall the exact name, but I buy a chocolate flavor whey Protein powder at Sam's Club. It's about $30 (I believe) and the flavor is not bad.

Hi I'm Sammatha and I was banded 2/24/12. I had my surgery at strax rejuvenation in lauderhill FL. Strax makes u buy Bariatric Advantage Meal Replacement Protein Powder to make Protein shakes with. Well they're $85 a bag and I bought 2 bags vanilla and iced latte flavors. I had to drink them for two weeks pre op for all three meals and nothing else and I'm supposed to be drinking 2 of them a day right now. But the thought of drinking one more makes me gag. Please anybody, do u have names of Protein powders or shakes that I could buy at Walmart or target that are really high in protein and not crazy with to many calories or fat. And also some that aren't $85 a bag. I know that I need to be getting more protein in my diet but I just can't stand the taste of vanilla or latte right now and strax only recommends their affiliated Bariatric products and I just can't waste another $85 dollars on something I'm not going to finish. Thanks and good luck on your own personal bandster journeys. ðƒ

Hey! We are band twins, same surgery day here.....I like Jay Robb Protein powder. You can buy it at Kroger or The Vitamin Shoppe. A bag with 11 servings costs about $25. It's still pricey, but it is really good (my favorite is the dreamsicle). I DO NOT like the chocolate or the strawberry. At The Vitamin Shoppe they sell little packets that you can try before you commit to a big bag. It has zero sugar, no fat, 110 calories and 25 grams of Protein per serving and is made from whey where the cows are not all roided up and full of antibiotics, so whew-hoo! I hate it that your doc made you buy stuff there; that's the pits. Oh, you can also find it cheaper online......let me know how you are doing......good luck!

It also comes in Pina Colada, but my VS doesn't carry it in-store, so I have to special order it. I usually make the chocolate with 2% milk and ice in the blender.....so good! Otherwise, it is a bit chalky/fake tasting. But, these are my fave, too!

Hi,

I have the same problem but if you have a Sama near you they sell a Hugh bag for $34. It comes in vanilla and chocolate . It had has 18 grams of Protein in it. You might try that. If your near a costco I bet they carry it too. Good luck! I'm with you.?