Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 Days Post Op... Feeling Very Hungry!

Over the past couple of days I totally noticed my hunger increased quite a bit but my eating habits have not. I feel as if the liquids are not keeping me satisfied any longer and maybe if I have some actually solid food, it would tie me over MUCH better but of course I am going to wait on that until my surgeon gives me the okay. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know what makes this happen? Thanks so much!

Yeah, everyone experiences it. Its what happens unfortunately. Just getting the band doesn't mean much until you get restriction which could be months from now depending on how aggressive your surgeon is with fills. I can only get one every 6-8 weeks. So for the first two months, I was starving all the time. Thought that after a fill it would be better...didn't really get any better until I had 5cc's in my band, which took a while. solid food does help, but basically its mind over matter some days.

today i'm a week out and hungry... the small things like broth, Jello are just not cutting it for me anymore.. I will do my best to stay strong as I see the scale moving. Just hang in there drink Water, eat jello, I'm allowed on have cream Soup now that helps a bit. Good luck!

Search the words "Bandster Hell". This is what you are experiencing. On the bright side, with a couple of fills, it should get better.

Your swelling is subsiding. So you don't have as much restriction as you did from the surgery. Once you start getting fills it will help getting some restriction back. I got restriction with my first fill, for others it can take multiple fills. This is where your willpower has to kick in. Follow your doctors rules and take it one day at a time. You can do it!!

Even though you havent had the first fill arent you still somewhat restricted if only because of the band itself?

Hunger means health...you are healing but yes, you are in Bandster Hell until you get enough fills to take the edge off.

I noticed with me as well that a lot of it is my old ways me thinking i'm hungry because I'm bored, happy, sad favorite show on tv, no kids home ;) . hang in there try the cream Soups they do fill you up. I have only been able to eat half a can

Thanks everyone for the helpful advice! I never heard of "Bandster Hell" before but the term certainly fits how I feel right now! I'm not scheduled for my first fill for another 4 weeks or so. But now that I know this is normal and everyone goes through this, I can stop worrying and just keep on track with my will power. Besides, watching that scale move in the RIGHT direction each time I step on, is enough for me to be strong! :)

go look at the before and after pic of everyone on that thread. When I want to cheat or find it very hard I look at them and they give me the strength!

7 days post op for me and I too have tummy rumblings. I am getting tired of cream Soups and liquids but got the okay for pureed stuff yesterday. I am going to get some oatmeal/cream of wheat. Yoplait Thick and Creamy yogurt helps. I can drink my entire 11 oz Protein Shakes so I try to drink a couple of those a day. I have read about "bandster hell".......lol lol Now I know what it's like. Good luck to you dear!

Cream of Wheat is my best friend right now!!! lol Enjoy it! I am not cleared for a puree diet until the 19th but I guess all surgeons are different. Best of luck to you too!

I was cleared a little early because I wasn't having any nausea or vomitting. My daughter was thrilled I could have mashed potatoes, lol lol. I worry about feeling sluggish with too many carbs though. I am excited for my cream of wheat! LOL Woo Hoo for us and Cream of Wheat!

I had reposition surgery last Thursday, and I am already getting hungry. The first go around it took awhile for the swelling to go down. I didn't really get hungry until the soft food stage. Now I am counting down the days until the 22nd so I can move to mushies. It will feel so good to eat something with a little substance.