Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Are Your Cant Haves

I stay away from doughy breads, although pizza is not usually a problem (the homemade stuff, anyway). Breadsticks though, no can do. Don't know why. I got badly stuck on bacon so I'm afraid to try it again. I don't eat steak because I've heard just too many horror stories and it's just not worth it. eggs don't get stuck, but I get a stomachache about an hour after eating, no matter how they're prepared. I recently had an issue with a piece of chicken in my mother in law's stew...not exactly stuck, but sliming and PBing for a few minutes. Had some leftover the next day and no problems.

As a rule, I avoid rice and fibrous fruits and veggies. Never was a big fan anyway, but I know a lot of bandsters have problems with them. I eat a few bites of Pasta now and again (having full Italian in laws, it's hard to get away from), but again it's something I rarely eat anymore.

Most breads, tortillas, chewy meats (like bacon) and chicken breast is out for me. I have only had 2 fills so far, I'm at 8.5cc in a 14cc band. I definitely feel restriction, but I'm still hungry every 2-3 hours. When I eat, its usually about 5-6 bites, then I'm not full, but I just dont feel like eating anymore. I dont think I'm at the 'green zone' yet, but I think I'm pretty close.

I have lost 2 lbs since my last fill, a week ago Monday....so I know that its working :) YAY

14 months into this thing and I just recently (with my last fill) have found out that I can't do scrambled eggs, bread, Buns, tried to have a hamburger (without the bun last night) that was a no go. Homemade pizza I can do, I think it's because the crust is so thin that we use? Dunno, but the band likes pizza which is no bueno for me because I LIKE pizza too, lol.

No soft bread for me, or eggs! Sometimes I can eat chicken, if it's moist, however, I cannot eat leftover chicken because it is dry! I can sometimes eat melted cheese, but not a lot at one time! And I can forget heating up the left over dip that's full of cheese! I have no problems eating it great out of the oven, but once it's reheated it's a negative! I used to be able to eat chicken nuggets, like if I was traveling and needed to get fast food, but since my last fill ie had to cut that out too! Sometimes I can eat pizza but only if it's thin and crispy! Also, Breakfast is a hit and miss! Sometimes I can eat, and sometimes I can't!!

i can eat everything. you name it , it goes down easy. i thought i was at my green zone 2 weeks ago, but that wore off after a week or so , so im getting my 4th fill march 20th. even during that "green zone" i could eat anything as long as i eat slow and chew well. hope it continues, i feel very lucky !

Can't do rice most days, raw salami (cooked goes down fine though - weird!), most breads, many sandwiches, fries at times, and fish if it's too tough. I have a bad habit of taking big bites, though.

Deli meat and plain chicken breast are what have given me some problems. If I eat them cold it is really a problem. My band doesn't really like anything cold really. Warm and luke warm always go down better.

I have been banded since Oct 2011 but finally just got restriction 3 weeks ago with my 4th fill. After this fill there are foods that i just cant have no matter how well i chew before i could eat 1small piece of pizza now not even one bite :) ground beef nope not now Peanut Butter nope :( i love Peanut Butter today realize even scrambled eggs get stuck. BUT i can still have my ground turkey tuna moist chicken an salad.

What are some foods that you can nolonger have?

Have you tried PB2? It's a powdered peanut butter (powdered peanuts) that you can dip things into or mix in drinks for the peanut butter taste. It's delicious.

The foods i have problems with are: yeast donuts.. ugh oh my word the food gets stuck!! Fried Rice. and i so love Chinese food. I can only eat a bit.. I'm so glad DIM SUM goes down well a bit too well! LOL Hamburgers..well i only eat the bottom bun.. have to take out the top.. but trying to stay away from hamburger meat. Other than that i can eat almost anythign which is a big problem and reason why i''ve only lost 20lbs since being banded 3 yrs ago.. but i'm so going to make this work.. My new me is starting tomorrow!!

I have noticed I am unable to eat anything Italian, I tried two different times and was only able to get one or two small bites down and then it all came up. I don't understand it since I can eat mac and cheese and also hamburger meat in other things. Chili is something I can eat with no problems. "Only a small amounut but that is all I can eat anyway". I can't eat fried chicken with the skin, it really hurts but, I can eat chicken strips. No hotdogs for me either, it was the first time something got stuck and I really thought I was dying.

But, to be honest it really depends on the day. I have noticed the week before my monthly thing I can hardly eat anything without it coming back up. And then sometimes I just can't get enough to eat.

There isn't anything I can't eat, however I have to be very very careful when eating any kind of bread. If I don't chew it until it's complete mush, it'll get stuck. I love the Lean Cuisine pizzas, however I don't even bother trying to eat the crust most times. It's just too hard to chew it to the point it won't get stuck.

Raw veggies are sometimes rough too. I like salads a lot, but I have to be careful with things like snap peas, broccoli, and cauliflower because they're also prone to sticking.

But there isn't anything I can't eat and I've never thrown up. I just have to be careful or I end up with a very uncomfortable stuck episode.

bread is my biggest problem. I don't even try it anymore. If we have hamburgers and hot dogs, I just eat mine without the bun. If I chew well and take my time between bites, I can eat anything. I think that is how it should be. You should be able to eat anything (as long as you eat slowly and chew well) and be satisfied on a smaller amount. I chose the Lapband to restrict how MUCH I ate, not WHAT I ate. I'm fine going without bread, was never a fan anyways. I eat everything in moderation. The few times I've gotten stuck, it was my own fault. I didn't chew well enough and ate too fast. I consider that food to be off limits until after I've tried it a couple times.

Guest imperfect1974

Some Protein Shakes are too sweet for me..............cant do..........Im sick of soup.............and afraid to eat anything not ground up just because of horror stories I have heard..........but Im only 2 weeks post surgery. I chew up everything!!!!! LOL

So...when you say you can't eat it ir its a no go...what exactly happens? What should I pay attention or look for? One week post op...

So...when you say you can't eat it ir its a no go...what exactly happens? What should I pay attention or look for? One week post op...

You will know! If you eat something and it's not going through, its almost like really bad indigestion, my chest HURTS! At least that's how it is for me! However, last night, the baked chicken I ate must have been too dry, because I woke up at 12:30 in so much pain and didn't know whyn it was a different kin of pain. It was like my port site hurt internally! I made myself throw up, which I was surprised the food was still there, and I felt better. I figured it had be 5 hrs since I ate dinner, I figured I had already digested it!

Good luck! Don't worry too much about what you eat, just concentrate on chewing it enough! In the beginning I could eat everything, now, listening to other people's "can't haves", I realize other people can eat what I can't, or I can eat what they can't! You will be different also, and you will figure it out as you go!