Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

People keep saying stuff about food getting stuck which I can understand. My question is, "what is the remedy for that"?

in my opinion, chew your food till it becomes mushy and eat slow. Sometimes I forget to eat slow and I don't chew my food all the way. I will get a feeling in my chest and it is very uncomfortable.

How do u get it unstuck? How long does it last?

depends on your body......when I would get stuck I'd get up and walk around for a minute or two.....it usually goes down......just remember...(smaller bites....lots more chewing)....and don't panic....stay relaxed...it'll pass.....

Thx cwn. First time for me and I just didn't realize I ate too fast

I keep a bottle of papaya enzyme tablets handy in case i get stuck and they have helped. Enzyme supplements sell under the designation of "digestive aids." The papain enzyme may assist in breaking down food in the stomach, which may reduce heartburn, acid reflux and other gastrointestinal conditions.

like he said get up walk around for a little bit and it should pass, Teejo im going half to try the enzyme tablets.

Thx guys. I walked a hole in the carpet for twenty minutes. It doesn't hurt now just feels like it used to when I would over eat.

they taste pretty good too. :) oh, you can also keep some pineapple juice around, because it helps break down food too.

Luckily I haven't experience any sticking. I chew my food until it just slides down and wait 1 minute before taking another bite. Good luck and just chew and take your time eating. Enjoy every single bite since we don't get many bites. LOL

Yupp, my doc says keep pineapple juice handy!

The only things that get stuck for me are raw carrots and doughy white bread. For carrots I need to eat them with hummus (or something else but hummus is a olive oil a good fat and has high protein), doughy bread I just avoid.

I don't think anything was actually stuck. I just ate too quickly and my tummy was full!! I feel silly but I still don't know how much I can eat! If I had eaten more slowly I would have felt myself getting full. Def learned a lesson! Going to get the those pills tho for sure!