Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So its been 6mos since I had surgery and have only lost 20lbs everything was goin good but then later found out my dr was giving me Fake adjustments and charging my insurance company all kinds of money so I started to feel like my dr wasn't there to help me but only there to collect money I went to see another dr and found out my port was flipped over and I didn't have anything in my band. After doing research I later found a class action lawsuit against the drs and patients going thru the same thing. WARNING if your in California Do Not have ur surgery thru the 1800 Get Thin People. I'm now being converted over to the sleeve and now have another dr so Hopefully everything works out this second time around!!!!

So its been 6mos since I had surgery and have only lost 20lbs everything was goin good but then later found out my dr was giving me Fake adjustments and charging my insurance company all kinds of money so I started to feel like my dr wasn't there to help me but only there to collect money I went to see another dr and found out my port was flipped over and I didn't have anything in my band. After doing research I later found a class action lawsuit against the drs and patients going thru the same thing. WARNING if your in California Do Not have ur surgery thru the 1800 Get Thin People. I'm now being converted over to the sleeve and now have another dr so Hopefully everything works out this second time around!!!!

this is just awful. how dreadful that this has happened. are you responsible for paying out for the sleeve bariatric??

Omg! Sorry you are going through this. I actually tried to go through that company but my insurance wanted nothing to do with them so I went to LAp Band Vip. Look them up they're awesome! My docs and nurses actually give you cell phone numbers so you can call or text with questions. Good luck on your journey and don't give up! You deserve better!

It's horrible that you received such disgustingly bad aftercare. The band only really works if you get real aftercare and appropriate fills. I don't understand why your dr would even bother with fake adjustments - I mean, it's just a syringe and saline to fill your band! Why would you even WANT to fake those?

And it actually doesn't sound like band failure at all, but failure of the people who put in your lapband. Your band didn't even have a chance to function properly.

Have you considered getting your port fixed and giving the band a go before the other surgery? After all, the band hasn't failed and you haven't had a chance to work with it yet.

Yeah it sounds like you should just get that fixed and get yourself some fills! At least you lost some weight..that's what I would do before having another surgery.

Yep i would try to get the port flipped right and start filling the band - you may find after that - that this is the right WLS for you - either way best of luck and sorry you went through that :(

I too had some major problems with a Chief Surgeon at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit.

All the weight that I lost, I had regained do to Bad Aftercare "Same As You".

So I found another Surgeon and was filled under Fluoroscope, and turned out that the

band worked.

Give yourself a chance, and see how this really can work, before getting cut up.

Your not a failure, your Dr. was one though ! So get yourself corrected, and then filled.

You will be amazed at the difference that this band makes when its working.

You know what its like to have no gas in the tank and stay on empty rite? It can be miserable, and aggravating.

The band works on the same principle, no Fluid, no restriction.. Get some Fluid in that band, and it will work.

Also a flipped port is a easy repair. They can even put it where they are comfortable with it. Lot of different spots to stitch that too. So Good Luck, and don't throw the towel in yet.

Shirley.

You did't fail the band your dr. did. Glad you found out and he is getting in trouble!!

Wow...some doctors have a lot of gall to try stuff like that! I agree with the others. I would have the port fixed and band filled and try again before getting part of my stomach removed. After all, it was the doctor's negligence...not the band itself not working. Any surgery is a huge step...and you've already taken one with the band. But the sleeve is MAJOR. Saying a prayer for you!

You are lucky he didn't do something to seriously hurt you.. Are you planning on taking any actiion against him? I am not one to sue for things, but this was not an accident. He knowingly did something to hurt you when he was supposed to be there to help you.. It is terrible! I am so sorry for you.

Yes, why have your stomach removed without getting the port revision (very quick procedure) and giving the band a try? YOU havent failed but you havent been allowed to use your band either!