Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Often Do You Weigh Yourself?

Hi All

I weighed myself today, two days before my set weekly weigh day.

It posed some questions though... How do you know when you're becoming obsessed with the scales? How often should we actually weigh up? What day and time do you find best to use the scales?

I'm going to stick to weighing up every Wednesday first thing of a morning before work. I don't want to become an emotional roller coaster by weighing myself everyday, then getting disappointed by fluctuations.

It'd be interesting to hear your comments.

Saz x

i try to weigh each Tues at the club where I work out.

I am working hard at not making the numbers the only goal.

I have changed the way I eat so much since August, I really

feel good about that.

I am happy with the weight loss and inches too.

I do not want to get compulsive, this has been a pattern of mine.

I try to weigh once a week also and in the morning before hopping in the shower. When do you update your ticker? I haven't updated mine since my last weighin with the doc.

I've only been banded about 2 months but I became obsessed with getting on the scale, as in several times a day both morning an evening. I decided to give up weighing myself during Lent, the only times I will get on the scale will be at doctor appointments. I've got my first one scheduled this Thursday and I'm anxious since it will have been two weeks since I had a weigh in

I agree with @readytogoforit with regards to " not making the numbers the only goal"! (like fitting into smaller sizes, or bras getting more comfortable, etc)

However, I do have to admit, I weigh a couple times a week. I am still trying to decide which day of the week should be my "official" weigh day. I am leaning towards Friday...but for now, whenever I see a loss it makes me happy and I consider it "official". hehehe

I weigh-in once a week, on Monday morning. I like doing it on Mondays because the weekend is when I have a tendency to slack off. So now when the weekend comes, it is in the back of my mind that I have to weigh in on Monday morning and it helps keep me on track.

I used to weigh everyday, and I would get so frustrated if the number wasn't lower or if it stayed the same. That did nothing but discourage me, so I now I only weigh once a week.

I guess I'm the worst one here! I weigh myself 5 to 6 times a week. Only in the mornings before I eat anything. Sometimes seeing the daily fluctuation can be frustrating, but I'm used to it. It doesn't bother me now. Most people say that if you can, only weigh yourself once a week. In the mornings, you weigh less (which is why I weigh myself then).

I used to weight myself daily, but when the scale was not moving quick enough for me I started weighing twice a week. You begin to get obsessed with the scale. It's pretty bad. This way is working better for me. I can focus more on doing what I need to do. Godd luck all

It's so easy to become obsessed...I would do it everyday and when it fluctated in the wrong direction I would be devestated..I now know that it's not healthy to do that and try to do it once a week on Monday mornings..now do I slip up and jump on more than that sometimes..of course..but not nearly as much as I used to..I finally realized that I had a goal size in mind and not a weight..so I go by my clothes instead...that's kinda hard to obsess over...lol

Every morning, after going to the bathroom and before my shower.

I used to be once a week but now I have become obsessed and step on the stupid scale everyday. I really dont know how to break this bad habit

I admit, I am a scale junkie. Everytime I walk into my closet I weigh my self. I can't help it. I should throw the damn thing away but just can't. Waiting for first fill on the 15th then maybe after that I will be able to get rid of it.

I have been weighing myself on Saturday mornings, but lately,if I don't like the weight I do it again in a few days.

I played with the same 2 pounds for 6 weeks and had a fill 2 weeks ago. I was down last week, up on Saturday .6 but down this morning 1.6. I don't want to go nuts weighing but .. you know its hard.

I do it every few days, before showering.....standing in my kitchen nekkid.

I weigh myself everyday. I don't beat myself up though if it doesn't move the way I want it to. I am accountable only to myself!