Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Banders Or Soon To Me Banders In The Dfw Area???

Hi there, I'm from Hurst, tx close to colleyville, southlake and ft worth areas. Are there any banders in my areas??? Need some help an encouragement

I am in the DFW area! It is a small world...

I'm in the Dallas area and I was banded Feb 3, 2012! Are you banded already or when will you be?

Very cool I am a hairdresser in Dallas. I will be banded on April 2. I'm VERY nervous!! How are u doing so far? Are u happy u did it?

I am doing great. The first week was rough but it got better pretty quick. Look at my blog and it will let you know what you will be going through. I am very happy it did it. I was 235.6 pre-op and pre-diet. I was 225 the day of surgery and at my last appt I was 211.6 that is a total of 23.4. I try to weigh myself once a week and only post the appt weigh-ins. I don't go back until 3/20 but I have lost an addition 5-6 lbs.

I think everyone is nervous with any kind of surgery because it is surgery. You will be fine! Good luck and keep in touch. i will send you a friend request.

weight.png

Mee Too... I live in Burleson , Just south of Fort Worth;) I was banded 12-29-11. Im doing ok!. I had less to lose so its coming off really slow. Started at 180 now im 165. And i can still eat pretty mcu anything besides flower tortillias and carbanated drinks. I still get to enjoy my vodka with Water and a lime and i now add a sweet n low to it ;) Im here to help ya out if I can.

hey, I live in Forney, Tx i was banded on 7/11/11

I'm in Midlothian. My surgery was last Monday. Its hard to believe I have a week under my belt. I went back to work today. It was rough, but I made it!!!

Hello fellow Texans! I live in Princeton Texas and am just starting this journey. I am so excited - at 4'11" i currently weight 201 with a BMI of 41.1 - so for insurance purposes I qualify without any other medical issues. I have UHC Core insurance - so i have to do the 6 months and the various tests, and today i have my appointment with the bariatric nurse who works for UHC and i have TONS of questions for her!!

Did any of you use True Results? I am going through TR in Richardson, they are fantastic - it's nice going somewhere knowing they have all been banded so they 'really' know what it is like.

Congrats to all of you who have been banded already - i'm thrilled to be starting this journey as i've been looking for the Tool that will hold me accountable for years....and I think that the lap band is just that.

I'm sure as the dates get closer, i'll be asking you guys lots of questions.

good luck!

True results here! I live in Dallas and banded on 09/03/11!!!

OMG - 61 pounds lost so far...that's incredible !! I have a friend how is a DIE HARD Packer fan, she goes to this one bar/restaurant every Sunday for the Packers games...Vernon's

I'm so psyched about this adventure....hope all goes well w/insurance and such!!

Hi all! I am in Frisco and going through True Results in Richardson as well! I've been really impressed so far. I have already been approved by my insurance YEAH! (BCBS IL). I am 5'3" and weigh 220.

I have had my psyc. and nutrition appt and blood work done and am waiting on the results. I will have an 'at home' sleep study kit delivered tomorrow. I'm not sure what the next step is. I don't have another appointment scheduled. They said they would contact me after the results from the blood work is in. I guess this is normal? They did say that when they scheduled my surgery, it would be sometime during the 2nd week of April. Taheenasmom-it looks like my surgery would be very close to yours :)

good deal soccer mom.... i have that dreaded 6 month wait...actually this month is the 2nd visit on the 27th - so i really only have 4 months left....yippee!!!