Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Want A Band Buddy??!!

Why not! :D I'm getting banded on 29th March in the UK. How about you?

Have u started your pre-op diet? I've got started on mine a little early just because I'm nervous that I won't have shrunk my liver enough or I won't have lost the required 8 lbs that my surgeon wants.

Sarah xx

Yea! I'm Tahnee, im a 31 yr old hairdresser from dallas tx. Ive struggled with my weight my entire life. I just got married last year and im hoping to have babies in the next couple years. That is why i want to get healthy now! I start my pre op diet on march 19th but I have been trying to eat healthy and smaller portions. But due to my lovely pcos, no matter what I do i NEVER lose weight unless it's something drastic! Needless to say I'm very excited about this surgery but also really nervous! How much weight are u hoping to take off??

Good luck girls!!! Im Stephanie, a paramedic from

Alabama. I was banded October 25 2011!! It has been amazing, so far. It's been a slow weight loss but it's slowly coming off which is nice because my skin is retracting back. I'm down 35 pounds so far and I've just had 2 fills. I like hearing from

Other people who have had it down to offer advice :)

Hello everyone! My name is Tamara. I am 23 and have also struggled with weight my entire life. I also have PCOS. I was banded Feb 21st. I have lost 15 lbs. I am feeling a little discouraged because I haven't lost any weight in the last 4 days. But I am trying to stay positive. I live in California, and in my town the weather is so unpredictable, and it has been way too windy to go walking. So I need to find some other exercise to do. But my doctor advised to stick to walking for the 1st month.

I look forward to checking this forum and seeing how everyone is doing! :)

I was banded 02/14/12. I was afraid that I didn't loose the weight befor surgery too.The suggested diet for me was no more tham 1100 calories a day including two shakes a smart one or one of those types of pre packed meals. It was hard sometimes but , believe it is worth it.Remember" today is a new day, strive to make it better than yesterday". DON'T GIVE UP!

Hi I am Soko from maine, I am 23, got banded on 11/17/09, so far i am down 87 lbs and its the best thing to ever happen to me.

Well done to those ladies who've been banded and had weight loss :) To me any weight loss whether it's 3 or 30 lbs is major! Tamara - try not to beat yourself up! Remember it's only been 4 days and you may even be retaining Water. Give it two weeks then see what it is you can change about what you're doing. *hugs*

I've also got PCOS so I guess we're PCOS buddies too haha :D I could diet relentlessly and go the gym 6 days a week yet still not lose anything. The band is pretty much my last hope - probably like you ladies!

Good luck to everyone!

Sazparella- pcos and band buddies! I find more and more women with pcos. I absolutely hate it! It's a horrible condition. I'm nervous that it's gonna be harder for me to lose even banded becaz it always has been for me. Congrats to all the ladies doing so well, it's very inspirational!

It's strange isn't it. Until I joined this forum I hadn't heard of another lady with PCOS and I've lived with it for 12 years (I'm 28 now).

Did you find that doctors were unhelpful? Everytime I queried my weight they just said exercise and diet (the usual) which is so frustrating as it's like catch 22. It's really difficult losing weight with PCOS, but then PCOS causes you to be overweight!

Anyways hopefully this cycle will stop going round in circles for us shortly! xx

Sazparella-- it's a total catch 22 and I hate it! Hopefully the band will help us since our condition is hormonal. But I have read about many women being successful with their bands. I do think WE will have to work extra hard. That us why I wanted a buddy! ;)

I've had a really bad few days. I just don't know if I can do this and I've been on the verge of calling up to cancel surgery.

I have no doubt that this will benefit my life Healthwise, but will I be more miserable than I am now because my social life will be suffocated by not being able to go for drinks/meals with family and friends?

I fear as well that I won't be able to cope on eating only certain foods. I'm a vegetarian, and I read it's difficult to eat rice and Pasta, basically my two staple foods right there!

I just really don't know what to do :(

Saz I can still eat Pasta choose not to because o glyemic index, ask yourself, will the surgery be harder then what you have dealt with so far with being overweight. To shed some light i decided to be banded when i was 19, I got banded at age 21, I still go out I still eat out with my friend, but chose wisey I measure all my food out and log my calories I exercise and my medical problems have gone away and I am quite healthy right now. I would of died more likely from problems arising from being overweight than the actual surgery it self. I am still learning today, and continue to do so I love my band it was the best thing I ever dear, worth all the sweat tear and blood, I would do it all over again Highest weight was 250 went to the center at 242 and got weigh in at 166 at the doc but my own scale said 163.4 I went from a size 20 to 8-10, I am no longer on diabetic meds have high blood or cholestoral levels, sleep apnea has resovle and I love my life... take it with a grain of salt. Good luck

Sarah! Don't give up! I've been banded since October and I've had 2 fills so far...I can still eat alot of what I use to but I just choose not to...I still go out to eat with friends I just watch what I eat. So far I'm down 35 pounds. I wouldn't change a thing, I don't regret it at all. It's the best thing I've ever done.

Hello everyone,I will be banded 3/21 and I can't wait I really been over weight since I was about 17 yrs old I'm 40 now.lol I remember I was to big to play for any pop warner football,and was almost to big to play high school football.I never could buy my clothes from a regular kid stores,it was always in the men dept.I always felt different around peoples that was smaller than me.the last time I shopped at Walmart for clothes I was about 10 yrs old,Omg I can't wait.