Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I'm hoping a few people can give me some positive suggestions. I've had my band 1 year and 3 months. The first few months I was so strict with my band and I also had a bad gallbladder so i'd lost a total of 85 lbs in maybe 5 months. I was so happy with the way I looked and felt that after I got my gallbladder out that I just literally went nuts, and I haven't gotten back on track since. I gained about 10 lbs since and I just can't get back to basics no matter how hard I try. Can someone give me some helpful suggestions on what to do? And please dont say go to liquids for a few days because I get really dizzy when I do not eat.

I am not sure if I can be much help.... I am in the strict stage... I just had my band place, and I notice one of the things I am afraid of is getting away from Protein. My doc says protein makes ur body work harder thus burning more calories... They want me to get in 80 grams of protein a day. So I have one drink that is usually between 20-40 grams of protein and then other items( ie cottage cheese, eggs ect)I have thought about drinking two just so I make sure I am getting in enough cause I am not able to eat a whole lot. I found a lot of my items at the Vitamin Shoppe. I hope this helps u a little, don't be so hard on ur self 10 lbs is a lot better than 20 or 30. U will be fine. Oh and one other thing I have been told stay away from sugar, I know it's hard but anything that has a sugar ( or fat) that is greater than 5 grams. Don't eat it.

Those are the basics I have to stick to and I know u can too!

I guess that is the 1st question, what's your trigger food. attack it first.

remember that Protein has to be the first thing you eat, ALWAYS. log everything (even the crap). you are the only one who will see it so you can be very

honest! logging might help you see where the problem is.

You do want to get back on track, right. keep posting, if you are honest and open to suggestions it will happen! TRUST

So I'm hoping a few people can give me some positive suggestions. I've had my band 1 year and 3 months. The first few months I was so strict with my band and I also had a bad gallbladder so i'd lost a total of 85 lbs in maybe 5 months. I was so happy with the way I looked and felt that after I got my gallbladder out that I just literally went nuts, and I haven't gotten back on track since. I gained about 10 lbs since and I just can't get back to basics no matter how hard I try. Can someone give me some helpful suggestions on what to do? And please dont say go to liquids for a few days because I get really dizzy when I do not eat.

have you been in contact with your surgeon?? what about another fill in your band??

I agree with judych. Sounds like you need a small fill. remember you loose Fluid just from osmosis. If your last fill was a year ago, you are probably low.

Hello!!! I was banded 02-13 :) we have a February bandster page! Look it up!

Being banded as long as you have, what would you consider the basics are?

I have been banded 13 months, and to be honest, I really don't think about what I should or should not do. I have grown accustomed to a different way of eating, I have learned, perhaps the hard way, there are some foods I choose to ignore.

When I eat I still get the same signals telling me it's time to stop.

I very rarely get stuck anymore because I know how it is caused, in my case.

Perhaps your band is a little too loose and you no longer get any feedback from it.

My band "Talks" to me all the time. Trick is to learn how to listen to it.

Being banded as long as you have, this is something you probably know. So why did you loose it?

Being banded as long as you have, what would you consider the basics are?

I have been banded 13 months, and to be honest, I really don't think about what I should or should not do. I have grown accustomed to a different way of eating, I have learned, perhaps the hard way, there are some foods I choose to ignore.

When I eat I still get the same signals telling me it's time to stop.

I very rarely get stuck anymore because I know how it is caused, in my case.

Perhaps your band is a little too loose and you no longer get any feedback from it.

My band "Talks" to me all the time. Trick is to learn how to listen to it.

Being banded as long as you have, this is something you probably know. So why did you loose it?

Thats my problem. I never get stuck. I have .4ccs in my band and my dr doesn't think i need a fill because Im eating around the band at this point. But I am back on track hopefully I just saw my dr yesterday and ill be meeting with his nutritionist and such so I can get going again :]

Thats my problem. I never get stuck. I have .4ccs in my band and my dr doesn't think i need a fill because Im eating around the band at this point. But I am back on track hopefully I just saw my dr yesterday and ill be meeting with his nutritionist and such so I can get going again :]

Of course, everyone is different......but from the people I know, 4cc's is nothing. Things usually don't happen untill 6-7cc's.

Of course, everyone is different......but from the people I know, 4cc's is nothing. Things usually don't happen untill 6-7cc's.

haha...I have .4ccs....point 4 as in less than 1cc. :/

haha...I have .4ccs....point 4 as in less than 1cc. :/

1 year and 3 months with less than 1/2cc????? You need another Dr.!!

You need a fill and yes a new doctor. Why haven't you been getting fills? The band is just sitting there doing nothing so go get it filled! It's not doing its job

Def get second option with dr. I was given 2 cc after 2 months.