Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded 02/12 Seek Friend Same

Banded on 2/20. Mushies are much better than full liquids. Avocados are my friend. :) this is definitely a learning experience. Just now starting to feel like myself.

Banded 02/14/12 looking for someone close to same. Would like to share experiences. My band was done in Gainsville' date=' Fl. Do you have gas pain and grumbling stomach? How much are you eating?[/quote']

I was banded on 2/13/12 - thus far I've lost 17-20 lbs. as the scales very from day to day. I tell myself not to way myself daily, but can't seem to help myself. Right now I am on a soft diet. Example: breakfast- Protein shake w/banana and tsp of creamy Peanut Butter, poured over ice. Lunch: cortage cheese and diced tomatos. Dinner: puréed pinto Beans and finely shredded chicken breast. Sometimes I add a little of salsa. One night I had a few shrimp... Yummy! I find that if I swallow too fast, I begin to hiccup like crazy. One the food goes down on it's own, the hiccups go away!! Learning new things about my body all the time!!!

I was banded on 2/13/12 - thus far I've lost 17-20 lbs. as the scales very from day to day. I tell myself not to way myself daily' date=' but can't seem to help myself. Right now I am on a soft diet. Example: breakfast- Protein shake w/banana and tsp of creamy Peanut Butter, poured over ice. Lunch: cortage cheese and diced tomatos. Dinner: puréed pinto Beans and finely shredded chicken breast. Sometimes I add a little of salsa. One night I had a few shrimp... Yummy! I find that if I swallow too fast, I begin to hiccup like crazy. One the food goes down on it's own, the hiccups go away!! Learning new things about my body all the time!!![/quote']

Haha... That is "weigh" ... Not "way" - darn auto spell!!!!

Banded 2/17 and lost 20lbs so far. I am confused because I dont feel hungry anymore. I was instructed to eat a Protein Shake for Breakfast by my surgeon and others which works great. I also know that you need to eat Protein first thing in the morning to get your body out of the catabolic state and protect the lean muscles that we have. I typically do a shake for breakfast 5am, a pouch of tuna at 9, shake at noon, apple sauce at 3 and tuna,salmon,chicken and veggies for dinner. I was tickled the other day when I went to Red Lobster and ordered flounder and broccoli off the KIDS menu and could only eat half. Best part I ate the other half at dinner and it only cost me $5.50. Rock On!

I was also banded on Feb 14. I had a totally smooth recovery, no pain and little down time. I lost 11.5 pounds in the first two weeks. I have not seen a lot of change when I look in the mirror, but my clothes are fitting really loose. I go in on the 19th for my next check up and possible first fill. I am getting hungry much more often than I should, about every hour and a half to two hours, so I am thinking they may adjust me. Right now I am just along for the ride! Good luck everyone.

Hello! I was banded 2/21. I no longer have the gas pains, but my tummy rumbles all the time! In the 1st week I lost 11 lbs! Total to date, I have lost 21. So it slowed down a lil bit. But I am so happy with it! I had a very rough time with the liquid only diet. My husband had to wake me up 4 days in a row for work just because I didn't have the energy, but since I started eating, it has gotten much better. I go in for my first fill on the 30th this month. How was the 1st fill for anyone else??

I was banded on 2/15...and had a pretty good recovery although the first couple days I could hardly keep down Water I was so tight from the swelling. I felt good though! I lost 6.5 pounds the two weeks after surgery on liquids, then I lost another 3.9 pounds the next two weeks on soft mushies (scrambled egg, Protein Shake, cup of Soup, yogurt). I went for my first fill yesterday and my doctor said I didn't need one as I was doing so well :-) I am just now starting "regular" food and feel full chewing well after about 5 bites so my initial fill with surgery is working fine! I go back to the doctor in two weeks and see how I am doing then, and to determine if I need a fill or not. I am so glad I got this surgery!

I also am so happy I found this site for support!

I was banded on 2/13. I haven't been hungry per se. I get hungry between breakfast and lunch, and I always eat 5, hungry or not. Right now I am eating 3 turkey sausage links for breakfast, 3 oz of meat for lunch and dinner. I will add a cup of veggies to both meals. I haven't really had to add carbs yet. I am pretty full after 3oz of meat and some of the veggies. I have lost about 25lbs since surgery. Which is pretty good since I have been on prednisone for the majority of the time. I wonder how much I would have lost without having that steriod in me! I can't wait to start exercising again, that should help too. I don't get my first fill until 3/26, so I have about 2 weeks to go!

I was banded on 2/13. Had a terrible day but have had a pretty smooth recovery. Including the pre-op diet I'm down about 30lb. Of course I wish I were losing faster. Started going to the gym 3 days s week. The head hunger is killing me. Papa johns is still looking pretty tasty. Going for a fill next week. Noticing I'm getting crazy tummy rumblings!

I was banded on 2/13. Had a terrible day but have had a pretty smooth recovery. Including the pre-op diet I'm down about 30lb. Of course I wish I were losing faster. Started going to the gym 3 days s week. The head hunger is killing me. Papa johns is still looking pretty tasty. Going for a fill next week. Noticing I'm getting crazy tummy rumblings!

That awesome- I was banded on 2/15 and only down about 10lbs. Most of that was lost during the liquid stage of post op. I would be so excited about 30lbs loss, I am going in next week as well for a fill so hope that will start to jump start the weight loss :)

Had my first fill yesterday 03/19/12. For the last week seem to be so hungry. Ate my meals in 6 small meals and found a couple of peta chips helped. Was hungry when I got to lthe doctors. As soon as I got my fill the hunger went away.My problem was that the doctor had problems finding the right spot for the ejection. It was painless. Today I am back on liquids only, no hunger pains. Feeling pretty good. Lost 17lbs. Oh boy,!!! what encouragement............