Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded 02/12 Seek Friend Same

Banded 02/14/12 looking for someone close to same. Would like to share experiences. My band was done in Gainsville, Fl. Do you have gas pain and grumbling stomach? How much are you eating?

I was banded 02/03/12. I had a lot of gas pain at the begining and it slowly receeded. Are you getting the grumblies all the time or just around the time you should be eating? I have noticed mine usually starts right before it is time for a meal. I eat only 3 meals a day and it usually is about 10-15 bites which is equvilent to about 1/2-3/4 cup of food. Once I feel the tighting I stop.

weight.png

I was banded on 2/14 also, i no longer have the gas pains but i am hungry every 2.5 to 3 hours. i cannot get my first fill until 3/26, i have lost 11 pounds since my surgery. i really don't feel like the band is really there. :)

Hi there! I was also banded 2/14 and just this week am feeling the hunger growls.... Get 1st fill 3/19, and have lost 10 so far. Breakfast is 1 pack oatmeal w/half Greek yogurt mixed in to make it creamy and adds more Protein. lunch is 1/2 cup chicken/tuna/ or egg salad with a sugar free Jello. dinner same as lunch, but I will usually wait a bit and have a fatfree pudding instead of a jello. What are others eating???

I was banded on the 15th of February and am down 10lbs since surgery. I have my first follow up and fill on march 22nd so have a ways to go still. Starting to feel better each day :)

I was banded 2/17 and would love to be in communication with other folks that are on the same track. I feel like I am struggling...looking forward to hearing from others.

I was banded on the 14th. During the liquid diet I lost 15lbs. I started mushies and other soft foods and havent lost a lb since. I do get hungry every 2-3 hours and if I eat too much I have a pain in my left shoulder. My 1st fill is on the 20th so I'm hoping to start losing again. Any guidance or suggestions would be much appreciated!

@ Heather1976, try walking and deep breathing. I was just banded 2/29/2012. I had to get up and walk up and down the hall every 2hrs while in the hospital. It relieves a lot of pressure. I wouldn't suggest stairs. Try walking in place if your house isn't big enough to walk around.

I was banded the 13th! I've lost 20 total so far and my first fill is the 12th, I can't wait!!

My appatite has been pretty good. If it wasn't for knowing that I should stop I'd eat as much as I used to eat. I had a cup of Cereal and 1/2 c. 1% milk. lunch was 1/2 shake and 4oz.of vegie Soup. pudding, popcicle,and a few pita chips. For dinner I had 3oz. broiled fish,mash potatoes and broccici. That really wasn't enough. I found out later in the night befor bed a cup of herbal tea seem to combat the problem. I have lost round thirteen lbs. but has slowed since I have been eating solid foods.

Is anyone haveing to crush medicine? Do you know what can make them mmore palatable?

Today is a new day on this journey I am greatful that I am not alone. Thanks guys....

Banded 02/14/12 looking for someone close to same. Would like to share experiences. My band was done in Gainsville, Fl. Do you have gas pain and grumbling stomach? How much are you eating?

Hi Net31601,

I was banded on 2/24 at Celebration Hospital, and I reside in Leesburg FL. Just this past week, I have started to have 6 oz of SF yogurt every day, otherwise I am still on a liquid diet until next Friday when I will be allowed to graduate to pureed foods.

I am no longer having gas pain, and I do find myself getting a feeling of hunger/grumbling stomach late every evening around 10pm. I just ignore it...the most distressing event to date is the feeling of fullness which can persist most of the day/evening. When that happens, the only relief I have is to drink some hot broth or tea.

Hope that this information helps...

i was banded on 2/22 and called my Dr on monday worryed the scale wasnt moving and i was really sticking to the diet of liquids and walking lots....she told me to start on mushies 3 days early......and today i was down one more lb !!!

so far today i had breakfast 1 greek yogurt and for lunch I had a pack of oatmeal...I have drank 64 oz of water...and plan on making a pro shake here now ...

Good Luck everyone...

I was banded on 2-15! Eating anywhere from 1/4 to a cup per meal! only had gas pain the day of surgery. Have lost 11lbs since surgery...weight loss has been very slow the past two weeks...first fill is on 3-30:)