Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pounds Down Since Initial Wiegh In!!!

Hello everyone, I hope I am not duplicating this question.... But I was wondering how many pounds you lost during ur pre op diet and after ur first 4 weeks of surgery?

I ask because I was wieghed in at 208 (bmi 40) started my pre op diet, then surgery was a week later, I was down to 197, I am 4 days post op and I am already down to 190.2!!!! I am ecstatic! Is this the norm? Will I be able to keep most of it off after I start eating on my 3rd and 4th week out? I do not get a fill until 5-6 weeks post op.

Thanks for ur responses! I love my band so far and all the wonderful support I have received from everyone!

Hi Sophia , I started at 232, was 224 day of surgery , weighed myself today and was 219!! Yay! So 13 lbs down from my heaviest! You and I seem to be doing similar! Let's keep it up!!

Have you started exercising yet? Beyond the little recommended walks? I was thinking of starting to do 1/2 mile to mile walks in the morning starting tomorrow , then jazzercise once I can start mushies :)

Hope this helps- I was 284 pre-op, 276 or so day of surgery, and now, 4 weeks out (as of Sunday) I am at 264- so about 12 lbs down. You will lose a lot at first being on liquids and just not as hungry- but it does come back and you definitely can gain- after you recover from surgery for a few days sometimes the "really hungries" come roaring back. This is known as bandster hell, which you will be in - to some degree or another- until you're filled and in the green zone, which may take several fills.

Now is the time to LOG LOG LOG your intake, your exercise, your feelings. It is a diet right now, the band doesn't usually do anything for you until filled- with some exceptions of people who feel restriction right away. Just practice eating small bites, chewing, getting in all your Protein, and you'll keep that weight off and lose more!

Good luck!

I started at 253 at the initial seminar, was 237 starting the pre-op diet, was 229 after one week of pre-op Protein shakes, weighed in at 225 the day before surgery and just went to my first appt since surgery and weighed in at 212!

I go back in two weeks for my 1st fill! Have heard we might gain in this period...but that is ok...I know I am doing it right smile.png

I started at 235 at initial appointment, weighed 225 day of surgery and on 2/15 weighed 217.

weight.png

starting weight was 248..day of surgery 243 after the diet i was 234..and now almost 2months later im at 221..it has slowed down..but its normal..we rnt on liquids anymore..i dont feel hungry but i get the urges..coz i know that i can still eat stuff and nothings gonna happen!! its a mind game u gotta play with urself!

here are my stats!

241 before pre-op diet

232 after pre-op diet

233 day of surgery

225 now

haven't lost any in a few days...i'm 2 weeks out...

Hi Sophia ' date=' I started at 232, was 224 day of surgery , weighed myself today and was 219!! Yay! So 13 lbs down from my heaviest! You and I seem to be doing similar! Let's keep it up!!

Have you started exercising yet? Beyond the little recommended walks? I was thinking of starting to do 1/2 mile to mile walks in the morning starting tomorrow , then jazzercise once I can start mushies :)[/quote']

I have not yet started anything beside walking, idk why but I am still so sore around the port sight. I am thinking when I start mushy foods I will start the tredmill for a mile or so. I really want to do Zumba but I don't want to fail like I did last time so I'm Going to wait till I'm about 170 or so. We have a Zumba class in Barstow for 3 bucks every time we go. I am really excited at everything we r accomplishing so far!!! Keep up the great work.

Hope this helps- I was 284 pre-op' date=' 276 or so day of surgery, and now, 4 weeks out (as of Sunday) I am at 264- so about 12 lbs down. You will lose a lot at first being on liquids and just not as hungry- but it does come back and you definitely can gain- after you recover from surgery for a few days sometimes the "really hungries" come roaring back. This is known as bandster hell, which you will be in - to some degree or another- until you're filled and in the green zone, which may take several fills.

Now is the time to LOG LOG LOG your intake, your exercise, your feelings. It is a diet right now, the band doesn't usually do anything for you until filled- with some exceptions of people who feel restriction right away. Just practice eating small bites, chewing, getting in all your Protein, and you'll keep that weight off and lose more!

Good luck![/quote']

Thank you that does help. I have been logging as much as possible, and trying to love my hunger pains. Lol. I can't wait to have a fill!

I started at 253 at the initial seminar' date=' was 237 starting the pre-op diet, was 229 after one week of pre-op Protein shakes, weighed in at 225 the day before surgery and just went to my first appt since surgery and weighed in at 212!

I go back in two weeks for my 1st fill! Have heard we might gain in this period...but that is ok...I know I am doing it right [/quote']

You are doing amazing!!! Keep up the great work! Sounds like you started a great diet before u went into the pre op faze. Congrats!!

Everyone is having wonderful results!! That is so exciting. I think the mind game while can eat is going to be the hardest.

my initial weigh in was 267 pounds...i had surgery 2 months ago and i weigh 235 -- slowly but surely i will get to my goal :)

Hello everyone, I hope I am not duplicating this question.... But I was wondering how many pounds you lost during ur pre op diet and after ur first 4 weeks of surgery?

I ask because I was wieghed in at 208 (bmi 40) started my pre op diet, then surgery was a week later, I was down to 197, I am 4 days post op and I am already down to 190.2!!!! I am ecstatic! Is this the norm? Will I be able to keep most of it off after I start eating on my 3rd and 4th week out? I do not get a fill until 5-6 weeks post op.

Thanks for ur responses! I love my band so far and all the wonderful support I have received from everyone!

you have done so well... and congratulations on a job well done so far. i hope that your weight loss does continue.. how fast did you want to lose?? is there a healthy limit or not??

you have done so well... and congratulations on a job well done so far. i hope that your weight loss does continue.. how fast did you want to lose?? is there a healthy limit or not??

Thank you! I hope so too! I am trying to have mind control, it's not easy but it will pay off, and if I slip I will have my band there in a few months to say no way Jose! Lol. As much as I would like to keep losing at this rate, I know it is unhealthy for the long term, and I will be presented with questions I am not sure I want to answer. The ideal would be to keep off what I have already lost during my non fill stage and keep losing 2 lbs a week.

I don't mean to be the bearer of band news but once you hit "band hell" at about week 4 things get rough. I lost 15 pounds my first 6 days after surgery and then plateaued. Band hell, as my doctor called it, was rough. I cried a lot and started eating way more than I should have- no vomit because I had no restriction yet. I guess it varies by doctor. Mine just filled my band for the first time today. I lost 2 pounds just today so I'm starting to feel good again. It comes and goes, so I'm told. Just keep up the diet and control and I think we should all do great!