Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Or Whey Protein????????

Hey there are three commercially available types of protein:

Whey (milk)

Soy (Soybeans/vegetable)

Albumin (eggs)

Whether one is better than another, I don't know - but I don't think there is a substantial difference. Some of the body-builder type products offer a blend of two or three - if you are concerned.

Maybe some of our more protein/nutrition educated bandsters will comment.

Good Luck!!

I tryied a soy Protein and it was yucky -- I only tried 1 though. Had much better luck with the whey types. I liked Designer protein the best.........

I found that all of the whey powders caused SO much gas and really didn't taste that good!! After spending ALOT of money trying them all, I finally gave up and tried other things to get the protien needed.

karen

banded 3/2004

241/182/175 but not in a hurry...life is good in size a 12 or 14 !!!:P

How interesting. Coincidentally, I've spent most of my day at work trying to get a purchase order for patients so we could get a new product started. I work in a hospital dietary dept. We received free samples of a product called ProNutra and I gave it to some of my patients that had trouble with wound healing. The healing was amazing. You can look at their web site for more info. I think it is pronutra.us

I tasted the product when it arrived, and it has a mild orange flavor. Even though I haven't had a lap yet, (still considering what to do), I'm planning to order this product. Absorption of the Protein is great and it increases glutathione levels which is hard to increase. Promotes healing. I have one patient that said she feels stronger, and she didn't have any wound, just felt very weak and in a lot of pain. Didn't change the pain level.

No, I'm not selling the product, am not associated with the company. Just impressed and wanted to share. This is definitely what I'm going to use, and I'm going to try to get it for my patients too.

Susie

So ProNutra sounds seriously cool -- I'd love my mother to try it (she's older & has skin issues & supplements her Protein a lot).

How on earth do you buy it? The only site I've found that sells it sells it by the case only & you have to have an MD recommendation. Augh!! :couch2:

I personally love Nature's Best Isopure Zero Carb stuff (ok, not the BEST taste... but amazing levels of whey protein! And not so awful I avoid it, lol.) My favorite shopping site (I find the stuff on it, then do web searches based on the name / manufacturer: http://store.bariatriceating.com/

Jan

Well, since I hadn't tried to buy it for personal use yet, I didn't know it took a doctors prescription. I would suppose that your Mom could get a prescription from her doc then. Just take him some information from the web site on how good it is for skin, since she is having problems with her skin. A lot of older folkes have skin that tears easily, and the extra nutrition would be wonderful for them. It isn't high in calories, so she wouldn't have to worry about weight gain. From what I've read of the ressearch though, it can help to promote lean body mass, which a lot of older folkes need. I'll have to see about getting an order in and see if they ask for a prescription. A cs. is 24 bottles. At $1.99 a bottle, it may be considered a little expensive. She could probably just drink one a day or one every other day and get good results and stretch her use of it out. They sent us double cases, of 48, but I would imagine that they can break them in to 24 a cs. I was planning to order a cs.

Hi, I have found Whey Protein Isolate to be the best. This is because it has no fat and no lactose in it. Tastes great, and is low calorie. Biochem Sports is what I get from the local organic store.

well,, i don't exactly know which has more benefits, but i get terrible rumbling, and diahrea,(sorry) with whey Protein. i asked the md, he said that it more common to get diahrea with the whey comparing to soy, or others.. hope it helps.