Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So Tight

The premier shakes are my favorite! I drink the lean body ones when i am on the go. Glad you all are doing well! Have a fabulous day!

I tried abt every shake out there, and my biggest problem is the taste of the artificial sugar, BARF! I got a case of Premier yesterday at Sam's and LOVE IT!

Hi all,

Feeling like I may have made a mistake today by getting a fill. I only got .2 but now I am at 6.7 cc's. Crap the heartburn is brutal! I have only been sipping but not getting far. I am hoping after 2 days that it will calm down. Hot choclate has worked the best today I am managing to finish it. Gurgling & burbing :). Tried Jello OK but no calories. I will try my shake again in a bit. Better to sip and get some. Dying to get these last 30 lbs done! Good luck all!

K

I'm experiencing the same thing. So do you just wait it out our did you get unfill? I'm hiccuping, gurgling, foaming, and sipping liquids but that's tough. Just got a fill today.

I went in first thing this morning to get a sought unfill. I started hurling foam in the middle of the night and it was not pleasant.

Well, I think I may be headed for my first "unfill" tomorrow. I had a fill about 3 weeks ago. I'm up to 7.9cc in a 10cc band. I have been getting things stuck almost everyday. At first I thought it was because I hadn't followed the "chewing" rule well enough and that I just needed to slow down and chew better. But once I got stuck on a tropical smoothie, I thought "okay, maybe I'm too tight". I've put it off because I want to have the restriction but I hate the stuck feeling and pbing. It hurts! I swear my band actually feels like it got tighter about two weeks AFTER my fill. Now, I can't get down any meats without it getting stuck. I've gone back to Protein Shakes, Soups, and soft mushy foods....not healthy ones to be honest. So, then I beat myself thinking I just have "head hunger" and should be happily losing weight right now while I can't tolerate foods, but then I feel weak and eat the slidders to have something in my stomach. So I'm not even getting the benefit of losing weight even though my band is very tight?! I guess I will find out what my doctor says tomorrow.

Keep posting personal experiences. It's so helpful!

Hokiemama, that was me last week! I was getting stuck on my morning coffee every day. Too tight! I had .25 cc removed, and it's made a huge difference! You don't need to have it all removed; even a small de-fill will help. Good luck!

I had my 4th fill yesterday & can only tolerate liquids. I am so miserable this time. Not sure if I should ask for them to take some out, or wait it out. Any suggestions?

Thank you! Well, I got my first "unfill" yesterday. He took about 2 cc out and put me on Nexium for 2 weeks to help with swelling and irritation due to all of my stuck episodes. I cannot believe how much better I felt instantly. I hadn't realized how uncomfortable I had been. I feel like I can even breath better now. I can get a small fill in 3 weeks but he wants to make sure everything calms down first. I am concerned that I will gain weight, but I will do my best to follow the rules closely.

I also got some taken out today....they removed 3 cc's. I had my 4th fill 5 days ago, and had been unable to keep anything down except liquids until today. My Dr says it can be related to allergy season, as this is common this time of year (in Texas). The extra sinus drainage causes swelling. They also told me that each time I was vomiting, I was causing even more irritation & swelling :(

I am amazed that just 3 little cc's could make such a difference. I too am concerned about gaining in the next 3 weeks now until my next fill. So I will really have to be careful.

Hot liquids in the morning to open you up... thanks for sharing!

Isn't it Crazy how much just a tiny fill can screw you up? I had my first fill last week and it's very restrictive 5 days later. (5cc) ...scrambled eggs today didn't make it down for very long.......

Hokiemma..I am just like you..I don't want a un-fill because I think I am eating too fast and not chewing and I am stuborn, but I am not eating much..my EAS Protein Shakes are yummy to me and I make sure I have atleast one a day to get the Protein that I need, but I think I am going to have to just figure out what I can eat and get the most protein for my buck !

It's a lifestyle change..thats why most of us have it ! I have to change my way of past eating and get my head on straight everytime I eat. Old habits are hard to break....But I will continue to get through this..since I made the decision to get healthy...I joined a ladies Boot camp 5 months ago, knowing that I was having Surgery to get a head start..I do 2 days of cardio for one hour and 1 day of weighlifting for an hour and I am feeling great along with atleast a 2 mile walk everyday and ofcourse 64+ oz. Water and Crystal Light.

I am going to stick to a well chewed diet and take my time,( I just love cold food )

Everyones body is different so What works for my 10cc band might not work for others..... Hang in there ....Let's get healthy !

If you want to get mOre bang for your buck as far as Protein try Premier Protein drinks only sold at SAMs or costco though. 30 hm protein with 160 cals highest protein for for least cals I have found anywhere. Taste like ESA or chocolate milk not chalky also lOw in sugar 1 gm but sweet!

Loved reading about what all of you are doing to get past the tight feeling in your band. I too went fo a tiny unfill last week. I was having major heartburn so bad even when i didn't eat i was burping nasty smelling stuff up non stop. he told me if I still did that I need to call office and they would schedule me for an upper gi with barrium. It's so weird I have had 5cc in my band before and just felt tight. But I only have 2 1/2 cc in my band some days its super tight some days I can eat anything. I'm still burping from time to time not as much but enough to know somethings wrong. He said my band may have slipped thats one of the signs. OMG I sure hope not. If so I hope they can unfill me all the way and it fix its self. So im waiting on dr to call and schedule that in two weeks. I know sometimes its hard with the band but I need it. I could always lose the weight. It was keeping it off that was my problem. With the band as my tool it always reminds me I need to stop. Without backup from it sheww scary thought. Have any of you had that problem?