Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So Tight

So I went for a fill on Friday. I thought i had 3cc and before i had surgery they reomoved some. Come to find out I only had 1cc no wonder I had been eating the house down. She asked me if i wanted 1cc or 2cc I said 2cc since I still swell alot from a previous surgery. they told me to do liquids for four days. Normally I do but i went out with a freind and had 4 pickle chips ran to bathroom. Had piece of chicken ran to bathroom. I new thats what would happen if i didn't listen to dr but I couldn't resist. So today I'm paying for it my band was so tight my ribs hurt and I have never felt hungrey like I have today. Lesson learned listen to dr. So I've had broth twice today and four popsicles. I can feel my band is getting back to normal as the day goes on my ribs hurt less and the hunger feeling has went away. Shew i have so missed my sweet spot. Tomorrow will be better since i followed the rules. After four days of liquid I can move to mushys two days of that then back to solids. I know i didn't listen to the dr but this just reminds me how the band helps me and I think i neded a reminnder. LOL! I still love my band. I found a new popsicle today its dole fruit OMG I love them so yummy! So i have 2cc in my band and this will be good for a good long time. weird how before surgery i had 4cc and it was fine but now I have 2cc and am tight.

I love the sharing of peoples experiences...it really helps me know what I don't want to do! Good luck! Thanks for the heads up I am having my first fill this week. Banded 1/19, feels like so much longer than that.

Hi Skinny, I am really tryin 2 learn all the new meanings.so when u eat the wrong thing your band gets tight?

Journey4me::::: My first fill was in 2009 and I felt tight for about three weeks I got 1cc. My dr requires us to do four days liq,2 mushy then back to solids. Because people some tend to swell after a fill. Im one who does swell after a fill just how it works for me not everyone does that.

Dee Dee Dee. Nope not when u eat the wrong thing. When u eat the wrong thing and BP wich is pucking it up Its like u burp not bening to that a sighn of i went to far. Then i better run to the bathroom and up it comes. I don't do that very often. I know better that to skip my liquid stage after a fill.Your band gets tight because it swells when u barf.

I had a half cc 2 days ago and was told by dr to go back to solids the following day, heck no u can't! Soup and liquids is killing me! I feel ya!

rha2k;;;; yep that always happens to me if i do that I slime or throw up then swell and it closes the band off more. Most of the time I follow my drs rules but sometimes temptation gets the best of me but I am reminded real quick. Its been seven days since my feel and yesterday was the first day I tried a cream Soup but i hadded losts of Water and had less then a half a cup. Today I had less than half cup of chili for lunch and supper but I had made it myself ahead of time and froze it. It has Beans, peppers, onions, hamburger, meat, noodles and mushrooms. But I use my pamppered chef chopper and chop everthing till it can't be chopped anymore. It was so good I am stuffed love that feeling. Shew last friday thought I was gonna die i WAS SO TIGHT. Love my strawberry fruit popcicles during this past seven days. they are cold so goes down fine as it melts. I even had to drink hot water when I had liquids. If you are tight. Drink hot choclate or anything really hot so broth works good.. Plus really cold things like popcisles but not ice cream. So glad my band is getting back to normal sweet spot. 2cc is all I need. Good luck with your feel tough it out if u can cause it will loosen just do those tricks.

I had a half cc 2 days ago and was told by dr to go back to solids the following day, heck no u can't! Soup and liquids is killing me! I feel ya!

How much have you lost with the band?

Hi all,

Feeling like I may have made a mistake today by getting a fill. I only got .2 but now I am at 6.7 cc's. Crap the heartburn is brutal! I have only been sipping but not getting far. I am hoping after 2 days that it will calm down. Hot choclate has worked the best today I am managing to finish it. Gurgling & burbing :). Tried Jello OK but no calories. I will try my shake again in a bit. Better to sip and get some. Dying to get these last 30 lbs done! Good luck all!

K

Oi. This is where I'm at. I've been banded 14 months and have never been this tight. I'm struggling to get liquids down as well. I'm on day 3 so I'm hoping that after the weekend the swelling will go down. I had some chocolate milk this morning and pb'd (I NEVER used to PB, ever) so I went for a hot chocolate and that helped. I'm sipping Water right now. We have 3 bday parties at work today and someone brought spinach dip so I have a tiny plate of that waiting for me to try once I get through some of this water. Crazyness!!!

Oi. This is where I'm at. I've been banded 14 months and have never been this tight. I'm struggling to get liquids down as well. I'm on day 3 so I'm hoping that after the weekend the swelling will go down. I had some chocolate milk this morning and pb'd (I NEVER used to PB, ever) so I went for a hot chocolate and that helped. I'm sipping Water right now. We have 3 bday parties at work today and someone brought spinach dip so I have a tiny plate of that waiting for me to try once I get through some of this water. Crazyness!!!

I can't do dairy in the mornings anymore. Try a hot liquid first thing, it can help open you up a bit.

Only thing I get down in morning is my Premier Protein shake. 30 gm Protein. 1 gm sugar they ate great. You can warm these like hot chocolate warm does go down easier when tight

TWI, I'll have to look into that. It would be great to get some Protein in at the same time. Thanks for the suggestions, guys!

Only thing I get down in morning is my Premier Protein shake. 30 gm Protein. 1 gm sugar they ate great. You can warm these like hot chocolate warm does go down easier when tight

I drink these too! I never thought about warming it up, will have to try that! Thanks!

Went for 1/2 cc unfill yesterday and already feel so much better. Those were the longest two weeks of pbing broth and posicles ever. I was 8 pounds down yesterday at the dr that was only good thing out of it. Time to start a new day and its gonna be a good one.

I had a de-fill yesterday too, of .25cc. It has made such a difference! Before I couldn't even drink my coffee in the morning without getting stuck. This morning....ah, glorious coffee!