Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Long Did It Take For You To Hear Back From Your Insurance?

Just wanted to know, whether approved or denied, how long did it take your insurance to make a decision? (Specifically if you have/had Aetna, I'd like to hear from you.)

I have Highmark PPO Blue & was wondering the same thing - the assistant for my doc said it takes 4 - 6 weeks - that seems so long

In California they have 30 (I think business) days to respond. Mine was submitted right before Thanksgiving and I heard in mid-January that I was approved. I have BCBS California Access H M O.

I have United Healthcare and I was approved in a week and had my approval letter in hand in two weeks

I have high mark BCBS and I got a call from my doctors office that he got the notice I was approved in 4 days.

I have BCB federal and I heard back in 2 days

I don't expect to get approved except for my port revision but the sooner I hear back, the sooner I can start my financing...and the sooner I can get the surgery I've been waiting for for four years :)

I have UHC it took me 8 days actualy, and 2 weeks total to get letter. I found out approved through letter first, then called my clinic. Goodluck.

It took one week for me.

Less than 2 days. Health Net.

what kind of information did u guys send in to get approved. What kind of reconstruction are u guys getting. Mine is just a panni and mons

reconstruction I don't have any hanging skin anywhere else and don't want a Tummy Tuck with muscle tightening. I had hernia surgeri in november

and the dr tightened my muscles then because he said without that I couldn't have a bowl movement right.The insurance denied me paying for

the panni with it and reconstruction of mons.didn't have time to appeal because the hernia was so bad. Which is really dumb that I have to have

two surgieries when I could of had one. I have had the rashes but never went to the dr for them. Just kept using over the counter stuff because it

was cheaper than going to the dr every time i had a rash. I do have rash at the moment and am seeing the dr next week for cream. They send

information after i do that and he looks at me and writes his notes to send that in to insurance to add to the other stuff. I have been having

bladder inconsistancy because of the excess skin to. Just woudering how big your stomach was to be approved if you had before or after pics to

post so I can compare. thank

Well my rapid weight gain was caused by thyroid and PCOS. So I am gathering all medical records that relate to either and bringing them to my plastic surgery consult. I will then....pretty much beg for him to write a recommendation for reconstructive vs. cosmetic. I'm sure they'll do the usual pictures too. Going to make sure I practice my "most" saggy skin poses...haha.

They asked for mine to be reconstruction of mons and above the stomach my insurance needed the code and they don't have a code for that so they sent in panni code. Still waiting to here. I did not go to dr for rash grrrrr should have. yes my plastic surgeon faxed the pictures and they couldn't see them so we are waiting for them to mail them. The lady in the office should have known better than to try and fax photos they are the most important part of getting approved. How much skin do u have how low does it hang? what was your starting weight?

Less than 2 days. Health Net.

What kind of info did your dr send in and how much skin did you have hanging? Had you went to the dr for rashes? what was the reason they approved it.Thanks

It took one week for me.

How far did your skin hang down? What did your dr send in to get you approved? do u have before after pictures youd show? thanks