Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Port Placement? And Friends?

Hey, my port sits right next to my belly button, so close if I put my finger in my belly button I can feel it! -weirdest thing ever- I'm 16 years old, been banded six months, have only had two fills but it's ok, havnt lost much since the op but it's slow weight loss right :) I've lost 30 kg all together from pre op diet to now. It's been a crazy ride but it's so worth it :) I have had a couple rude comments from so called friends but I figured if they weren't supportive it was there problem, I'm doing what's best for me! I have struggled my whole life with weight, was always a foot taller then everyone and a chubby girl. Now I'm average height!!! Haha umm i wasn't able to leave the bed for more then ten minutes almost eight months ago, I was home schooled for two years, now I'm back at school and I've joined air force cadets and I'm so much more energic :)

Sounds like you are doing well. Congrats on being able to start living life - it must feel great.

Hey, my port sits right next to my belly button, so close if I put my finger in my belly button I can feel it! -weirdest thing ever- I'm 16 years old, been banded six months, have only had two fills but it's ok, havnt lost much since the op but it's slow weight loss right smile.png I've lost 30 kg all together from pre op diet to now. It's been a crazy ride but it's so worth it smile.png I have had a couple rude comments from so called friends but I figured if they weren't supportive it was there problem, I'm doing what's best for me! I have struggled my whole life with weight, was always a foot taller then everyone and a chubby girl. Now I'm average height!!! Haha umm i wasn't able to leave the bed for more then ten minutes almost eight months ago, I was home schooled for two years, now I'm back at school and I've joined air force cadets and I'm so much more energic smile.png

..there you go. you will probably have a much more fulfilling life than those other girls will ever dream of. How wonderful that you have gained so much confidence since surgery. im sure you will do well. best of luck with your future.

Well done, 30kg is a great achievement so far, sounds like you're getting your life back.

Thank you :) yer, those people just don't seem to be able to get there heads around things. My mum is proud, I'm happy with it, it's working, and I'm finally doing things. It's been a hell of a ride. Every bit of it was worth it though :D I don't regret anything. I just got my cadet uniform today. My mum cried, she was so happy, it made me mad to think I let it get that far as to how bad life had gotten. I'm still large, but I was larger! I carried 30 kilos the other day, it was insane. It amazes me what the human body can/ has to do.

wow that's amazing. i'm glad you had an opportunity to do something about your health at such a young age. i think most people on here would agree that we wish we would have started soone, but congrats to you and the cadets!!! peace and blessings

jennifer

Wow I thought I got the band young, I was 21 Congrats!! A lot of people who I have told about the band are like "but you are so young, couldn't you just workout and diet?" These people just don't understand. Let the haters, hate. You made the decision so you could live the life you wanted. Almost ever bandaged I have talked to wish they would have gotten the name sooner, so they could have lead a healthy and happy life. Good luck with everything and be proud of the choices you made.

Bandster not bandage, stupid autocorrect.

Excuse my language but Screw Them. People just want something to be nasty about. People dont' have the right to complain I'm fat and then complain when I loose weight. Choose a side you can't have both.

omgoodness You Go Girl !!!

I bet your mom is proud of you....heck I am too....and I dont even know you but i do know this is HARD work....congrats hun !

Wow I thought I got the band young, I was 21 Congrats!! A lot of people who I have told about the band are like "but you are so young, couldn't you just workout and diet?" These people just don't understand. Let the haters, hate. You made the decision so you could live the life you wanted. Almost ever bandaged I have talked to wish they would have gotten the name sooner, so they could have lead a healthy and happy life. Good luck with everything and be proud of the choices you made.

amen to this

Great news on your weight loss and good job! Isnt it good to get your life back :)

Yes, it's great. I have school I'm getting a job soon, I have a partner, it's all happening. I'm young, but I know what's best for myself, I don't take abuse from anyone anymore. I dont see the point. :) anyways it's a school night, ive got a test tomorrow -can't say I missed that haha- :) thank you.

Yes, it's great. I have school I'm getting a job soon, I have a partner, it's all happening. I'm young, but I know what's best for myself, I don't take abuse from anyone anymore. I dont see the point. :) anyways it's a school night, ive got a test tomorrow -can't say I missed that haha- :) thank you.