Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded July 2011 - I have had none of the complications others have suffered from.... like food being stuck, pains, etc. I have had only one fill.... but what I really suffer from is a swollen abdomen. No exaggeration - it looks like I swallowed a basketball. Sides are sunken but rounded out front. My husband laughed and said "I always wondered what you would look like pregnant". Ha - not so funny when I could see it growing before my very own eyes. I haven't ever in my life notice by stomach doing this before - unless it was because there was so much fat there before that it wasn't as noticeable. It isn't everyday, just some days but when it swells - it really swells.

Anyone else suffer from this type swelling? I have tried to relate it to something I have eaten but... there is no obvious correlation between anything.

It is starting to concern me because I don't have any restriction that others mention. I truthfully am probably not in my green zone either. (that is another subject - lack of motivation to go back to the doctor).

Thoughts anyone?

If you haven't already I'd talk to your doctor and have it checked out. Doesn't sound right to me. good luck!

I have exactly the same problem, some days are worse than others. I haver also tried relating it to food but havent come up with anything, i also did research this on the net, talked to my docotr etc etc. It may be that as i do get IBS sometimes this can cause some bloating, and sometimes its plain and simple wind. It is driving me nuts when its bad. I have lost so much weight and yet i too can look pregnant. Im not sure its band related tho as i did see on the internet a lot of non banded people who have this problem and really there doesnt seem to be an answer to it .. I am still after finding out something tho as i too have sunk at the sides but my stomach doesnt seem to have shrunk at all, i know it has, but the more weight we lose the more the stomach sticks out, which makes it look even worse :( .. i am due to see a plastic surgeon in the next few months about a Tummy Tuck, i will have a word with them about it .. and then post what they say :)

Cosntipation is my culprit, and I go daily,,, but seems with all the Protein, it backs up more than I realize,,, some milk of magnesia and Water + water and my tummy goes flat again.

Grider, You're right... I also have found in addition to Protein that certain carbs (like pretzels) will do it. It seems to stop right under the port just to make me miserable.

Wanted to ask anyone too - - I had my 2nd fill in 11 months a few weeks ago. I have heard a lot of talk about slimming but never had experience it to imagine what everyone was talking about first hand. Now I know.... I think I have read somewhere (and haven't been able to find it again) that frequently vomiting is can have adverse effects on the band. So, do you ride out the terrible pain in your chest and cough the slim or - just go chunk it all up and be done with it?

Not sure if anyone is out there to read and respond to my post, but I've been banded for 2 years as of May. I've lost 150 pounds todate but lately I've been having issue with purping after eating and feeling stuck or full after taking medication. I've never had this pproblem before. Any thoughts?

Sounds like your too tight, or tighter than you have been used to. But, from reading other post it sounds like it is normal restriction. I think tolerance to that varies per individual.