Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Much Weight Did You Loose At 6 Months?

I know everyone looses differently, but I'm just curious...My 6mo is coming up on March 2nd and as of today I am down 53 pounds from day of surgery. I know I could have lost a lot more if I ate better and exercised! I am still proud of myself and feel great :)

i had surgery on my birthday May 19th and i am only down 38 lbs. its not as easy as i thought.. i feel like i am doing everything wrong

I know everyone looses differently, but I'm just curious...My 6mo is coming up on March 2nd and as of today I am down 53 pounds from day of surgery. I know I could have lost a lot more if I ate better and exercised! I am still proud of myself and feel great smile.png

You're 1/2 way to your goal. That is a success for you. Don't worry about what others are losing. smile.png

i had surgery on my birthday May 19th and i am only down 38 lbs. its not as easy as i thought.. i feel like i am doing everything wrong

At 6 months I was down 60 lbs, looks like you are right on track! GREAT JOB!!

Catlana...tighten up that band! I relied strictly on my band to do the work and kept it as comfortably tight as possible. As soon as I realized I could eat more I got straight back to the doc for a fill. If it worked for me, I am certain it will work for you smile.png

Keep up the good work!

What do you mean by comfortably tight?

I had surgery on August 31st and I am down 72 lbs :)

I had surgery July 25 and at 6 months down 50.7 pounds. The past 3 weeks I have been playing with the same pound up and down. I go tomorrow for a fill and can't wait@!

Big let down when I weigh once a week.

I say your on track since they told me I was doing very good losing 50 pounds the first 6 months.

Nice to see all the different responses! I've read about 2-3 ppl that lost 100lb in 8mo so I felt I was really behind...It seems that after I lost 45 pounds I've been loosing very slow. I weigh myself every Monday and sometimes it is always the same, but as long as I get there! Good job everyone!

I had surgery oct 25th. I am down 119 pounds. Feel great!

I had surgery oct 25th. I am down 119 pounds. Feel great!

WOW! That's amazing! Tell us your secret ;)

My secret is pure dedication, and sacrifice:) That is truly it. I stick to the rules without fail.

110 in six months but I worked my butt off to get there!

I had surgery Dec 22nd, including pre-op, I have lost 24 lbs. I had some complications and was not able to get my first fill until last week. During the time from surgery to my first fill, I acutally gained 5lbs, but as of this morning (1 week after first fill) that 5lbs is gone and I am back on track. I go in for my second fill in 2 weeks (although I'm going to try to move that appointment up to next week if I can) and I cant wait to feel a little more restriction and see the weight fall off. My goal is to be under 200 by June....50 lbs....I really hope I can do it!

Zumba class tonight.....my new start to a new me!

I wish I could have been one of the ones that lost 100 in 6 months! Wow that would have been great! I'm shooting for another 50 in the next 6mo, I have to make some changes to get there.

What do you mean by comfortably tight?

By comfortably tight i mean that when I would get my fills the doc and I would play with how much fill he could put in before Water wouldn't go down and then he would back out just enough so that the Water would go thru again. I ALWAYS got the max fill. This has meant that after a very small amount of food I feel STUFFED and with that feeling also comes a feeling of satisfaction. I think it crazy that after such a small amount of food I feel like I just pushed away from the table at a buffet! LOL...a good kind of crazy biggrin.png

Unfortunately many doctors won't give their patients a "max" fill or even give them a choice about how much is going in. My mother-in-laws doc just gives her what he wants her to give , good enough or NOT. I think those docs are in it for the money. Mine isn't...my doc has been amazing!!